Best Androgel Dose

Buy Lab Tests Online

chance338

Can anybody tell me what dose most people are taking with Androgel?
My doctor currently has me on Androgel 1% at 5 grams per unit dose applied daily. I have been on this regimen for approximately 5 months and really can’t tell much difference in my overall health. Thanks in advance.
I have an appointment in 2 weeks and would like to hear some suggestions as to a different regimen.
5006A75B-6661-454F-929B-B24777A38275.jpeg

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Only way to tell is really thru testing. Apply the gel 2 hours before the blood draw (don't apply it to the arm you have blood drawn on).

Total Testosterone
Free Testosterone
Estradiol, UltraSensitive LC/MS/MS
SHBG

Are four that you should have as a minimum.

M

MarkM

Based on the information provided on Androgel the absorption rate is 10% so you are getting approximately 5 mg per day of testosterone absorbed into your body of the 50 mg per day you are putting on. That equates to 35 mg per week, which is an extremely small dose and probably is not increasing your testosterone levels very much at all. Even if somehow you got twice the absorption rate and got 20% absorbed by the body you are still only looking at 70 mg per week which is still a relatively small weekly dose.

When i started off on TRT I used Androgel 1% and was put on the same dose you are on. That's pretty much where they start everyone off. I went from that dose to two packets per day within a few months to 100 mg. I later went on the new Androgel 1.62% and was taking 4 of the smaller packets which is 81 mg, less volume but stronger. I was not getting enough so I went on Testim which has a 13% absorption rate and my dose was 100 mg. Still wasn't enough so I am now on testosterone cypionate and inject twice a week (every 3.5 days).

With gels you have to worry about transferring the testosterone to others, about getting the area wet, sweating it off, etc.......most importantly is transferring it to others. After years on gels I am happy to get away from them. As far as matching your body's natural rhythm, gels are better. I just couldn't get enough of the gel to bring my levels up where I needed them. Gels are also much more expensive and the insurance companies are making it harder and harder to get your prescription approved.

Sean Mosher

Honestly haven't come across or heard many success stories with AndroGel long term.
Not properly dosed.
You can have success with properly dosed (compounded) topicals and/or creams though.
And of course like stated above you can always switch to injections which most of us have.
I had fairly good success with topicals early on but that faded over time.

chance338

The problem is that my dr. really pushes the gel for some reason. Not sure what to say to change his mind or what starting dose I should suggest for the injections.

chance338

Honestly haven't come across or heard many success stories with AndroGel long term.
Not properly dosed.
You can have success with properly dosed (compounded) topicals and/or creams though.
And of course like stated above you can always switch to injections which most of us have.
I had fairly good success with topicals early on but that faded over time.
The problem is that my dr. really pushes the gel for some reason. Not sure what to say to change his mind or what starting dose I should suggest for the injections.

sh1973

I started with Androgel 1.62 for the first 1.5 years and did great on it. I had to stop because our insurance at the time wouldn't cover it. I felt far better on it than injectable. 4 pumps had my peak at nearly 1400ng but I also have shbg in the 70s. If you have a scrip at least give it a try.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Henry

I've been on Androgel since 2014 and I hit 1339 total T on 4 pumps.

I've dropped the dosage since then but I'm still on it to this day and doing great.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me