Being genetically predisposed to balding - isn't that almost everyone?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Eusung

According to my research about 85% of men will start balding by age 70 or 80. Then after that the number will only go higher.

Does being genetically predisposed to balding include people who would hypothetically start balding at a very old age?

In my case...I have no hair loss whatsoever at age 36. My hair is also extremely thick...annoyingly so (both on my head and my entire body...even my shoulders). My older brother, 38, also has no hair loss at all but has always had thin hair. My cousins on both sides of my family...some of them in their mid to late 40s...have no hair loss.

Yet the older generation in my family in general has had hair loss to varying degrees (some more than others). In general....they lost their hair at a slower rate than most people.

One exception is my oldest uncle on my dad's side: late 70s and no hair loss. Just semi grey/black full head off hair. No receding hairline.

Now my dad is 72 years old...still has a significant amount of hair but also a receded hairline. I don't know when it started receding...but it happened very slowly. The hair that hasn't gone away looks ok (mostly black, only hair loss is frontal). He does have a grey beard though.

Basically my dad's hair looks like Dr. Sam Lam....except my dad's face looks older as he is 72 and Dr. Lam looks about 50 to 60:

1544178757151.png

Another anomaly: my youngest uncle on my dad's side: started balding really young. By the time he was in his 40s he was completely bald on the top of his head but plenty of hair on the sides....but he is the exception here...none of my relatives lost top hair that fast.

On my mom's side, my uncles, two of them I know of, seemed to have most of their hair intact...even if they did lose some (they were in their 60s or 70s when I saw them.

My grandpa (my dad's side) is 100 years old. He only has a little hair on the sides...no hair on the top of his head.

My other grandpa on my mom's side....died when I was very young...he didn't appear to have hair....but I can't remember if it was because he shaved his head or literally had no hair.

We are all Asian if that is relevant.

So when talking about people who are NOT predisposed to balding, are we talking about people who will never go bald who have older relatives who have also never lost hair? Isn't that extremely rare?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

broker

Are you asian or muslim? They usually have a lot of hair, whether thick or thin.
I notice many blacks shave their heads and seem to lose their hair in their late 20’s/30’s. Blacks also have a higher rate of prostate cancer. Maybe blacks have higher levels of dht? They do have naturally higher T levels.

BigLebowski

Are you asian or muslim? They usually have a lot of hair, whether thick or thin.
I notice many blacks shave their heads and seem to lose their hair in their late 20’s/30’s. Blacks also have a higher rate of prostate cancer. Maybe blacks have higher levels of dht? They do have naturally higher T levels.

Muslim isn't an ethnicity mate

Eusung

I'm Asian.

I'm wondering when people say "Balding is purely genetic" if they mean balding at all....or if they are referring to people who bald faster than average.

In my experience people who never bold are in the minority, even among asians. Anyone who lives long enough will eventually have hair loss to some degree.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

broker

As we age, it seems as if we become more sensitive to dht. Even normal dht levels can pose a problem for men.
Also, we all have genetic thresholds for dht. Example, the range for dht is 35 - 79. A person may be at the higher end, lets say 70 and never lose any hair. However, if he takes T and his dht goes to 110 ( which is common), he can start to lose hair because he broke his threshold. Some guys dont lose hair until dht is over 150 for example, it all depends.

DragonBits

I started going bald about age 30, my father still had quite a bit of hair at age 85, both of my brothers still have a lot of hair at age 59-62.

I have no idea of my hormone levels at age 30 and by the time I first measured T I was fully bald on top. I still have hair on the sides of my head.

For the most part I like being bald, but I wear a hat when out in the sun and my scalp is exposed to any low hanging objects, hair protects you a lot from minor cuts, bruises and sunburn.

Eusung

Just learned that my grandfather and uncles on my mother's side all had zero hair loss.

And again on my dad's side it's random - one uncle has zero hair loss and he's 76...another has been bald since his 40s. My dad is in the middle, hairline started receding gradually in his 40s....still has a lot of hair but the receding is obvious. He is 72. People think he dyes his hair, but his hair is naturally very black.

Just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best. I wish I knew rougly how long it takes for people who notice thinning hair expedition on TRT. I've heard some say two years...others said they noticed immediately.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me