Beginner's Protocol (Defy)

Buy Lab Tests Online

exJPo

Hey everyone, new here. 32 y.o., low T since I was 24. Tried to self medicate and it helped but still struggling with sex drive and erections and energy. Just had consult with Defy.
They recommended:
70mg .35ml Testosterone Cypionate twice per week
400iu HCG twice per week at same time
.125mg anastrozole only if I get really bad E2 sides, which I don't want to take
Is this a good beginner's protocol? I only worry because I read all these forums and it seems like almost nobody does well on twice per week and HCG seems to mess a lot of guys up.
I'll be working on getting in better shape as well, my body fat isn't high but its definitely accumulated. Any other tips for a successful protocol?
Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nomad

It’s a good place to start and is typical of defy I’d go with that and adjust at your next consult when you get your labs. I believe the biggest hesitation defy has with recommending more frequent injections is... the beginner can experience injection fatigue before they start to experience the positive benefits and think treatment isn’t worth it.

fifty

Hey everyone, new here. 32 y.o., low T since I was 24. Tried to self medicate and it helped but still struggling with sex drive and erections and energy. Just had consult with Defy.
They recommended:
70mg .35ml Testosterone Cypionate twice per week
400iu HCG twice per week at same time
.125mg anastrozole only if I get really bad E2 sides, which I don't want to take
Is this a good beginner's protocol? I only worry because I read all these forums and it seems like almost nobody does well on twice per week and HCG seems to mess a lot of guys up.
I'll be working on getting in better shape as well, my body fat isn't high but its definitely accumulated. Any other tips for a successful protocol?
Thanks.

Be careful what you pay attention to around here. Lots of guys changing protocols and making sweeping conclusions 1 day after a change. Listen to Defy. Isn’t that what you paid them for?

exJPo

It’s a good place to start and is typical of defy I’d go with that and adjust at your next consult when you get your labs. I believe the biggest hesitation defy has with recommending more frequent injections is... the beginner can experience injection fatigue before they start to experience the positive benefits and think treatment isn’t worth it.
I just want to make sure this protocol isn't bad to start and won't give me a lot of side effects. I don't want to inject frequently but that seems to be the trend especially on this board and lots of guys have bad things to say about HCG. I overthink things a lot.
Be careful what you pay attention to around here. Lots of guys changing protocols and making sweeping conclusions 1 day after a change. Listen to Defy. Isn’t that what you paid them for?
You are right that is exactly why I went with Defy. As I said I just worry because I read so many stories on the board about bad protocols and bad side effects, but I will take your advice and try not to read too much into some of the guys' visceral reactions to protocol changes.
Its difficult to critic your protocol without a labs, but it's not like you're working with inexperienced doctors.
Sorry, my labs before I treated myself I don't have. It was only total testosterone and I think it was 240?
On 100mg a week at my trough I had 381 total testosterone, 16.7 e2 sensitive, 36.7 shbg. Then again we tested and it was 391 total testosterone, 21 e2 sensitive, 38.5 shbg

JimboTRT

Run the 140mg / wk and give it 8 weeks. After 8 weeks do labs and reassess how you feel. Post your labs here for input. Remember, your body needs time to adjust. Be VERY patient. That's the best tips I can give you.

Oh, I'm with Defy too and very pleased. Dr. Saya is one of the best by far!

Systemlord

If its typical I'm assuming that means its generally successful for the average patient?

The intake staff at Defy could run circles around your average endo in knowledge, the PA Mike is very capable, Dr. Saya is king of the hormone kingdom and from what I hear Dr. Calkins is exceptional.

You have an above average chance of success, going to a regular endo In sick care, well that's playing the doctor lottery.

Nomad

The intake staff at Defy could run circles around your average endo in knowledge, the PA Mike is very capable, Dr. Saya is king of the hormone kingdom and from what I hear Dr. Calkins is exceptional.

You have an above average chance of success, going to a regular endo In sick care, well that's playing the doctor lottery.

Have had great experiences with Dr Calkins and NP Ben. I’m confident Dr. Saya would be able to solve any complication that might ever possibly come up down the road. His schedule is usually a couple weeks out so I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting him yet.

goldenleft

Run the 140mg / wk and give it 8 weeks. After 8 weeks do labs and reassess how you feel. Post your labs here for input. Remember, your body needs time to adjust. Be VERY patient. That's the best tips I can give you.

... really listen the Jimbo's advice... try yourself what your Dr. ordered, be patient and wait for 8 ~ 12 weeks and then check your numbers and more important: to evaluate how you feel at that time! Everyone here is different (we already discussed about this in one of my post). Good luck!

Joe Sixpack

only worry because I read all these forums and it seems like almost nobody does well on twice per week and HCG seems to mess a lot of guys up.
Thanks.
I can tell you that TRT was a disaster for me UNTIL I added HCG. It was deceptive too cuzz I felt pretty good for 3-4 months on T only. But gradually after that I started to feel worse and worse as the weeks went on. After 10 months of T only I had to give it up. I just felt so terrible. But then I was back to low T, which was also not good. After suffering w/ that for a while I had a free consult w/ Defy and they suggested the lack of HCG could have been part of the problem. They were right. I started on a protocol quite like yours. I feel WAY better w/ HCG + T.

JV63

The best thing for you to do is to get off the forums and give things time to work. Until you have the experience to know what is going on with your body over time, you are going to keep second-guessing everything. Because something did or didn't work for someone else has no bearing on you.

_CTI_

It's a pretty standard protocol that I've seen work for most people. E2 medication made me feel terrible so I switched to using cream and I've never looked back. I need to rub it on 2x a day but at this point it's like putting on deodorant, which I also need to put on twice a day so there you go. I'm a low converter of DHT naturally so the cream is a godsend. Everyone else on this thread is correct, with your current protocol there will definitely be a bit of a waiting game. It's also healthy to manage your expectations. I see plenty of guys looking for something to turn them into superman and that's not what TRT is for. Good luck my friend.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me