Beginner

Buy Lab Tests Online

Steve murphey

Hi I take one milliliter of testosterone cypionate every other Friday should I split it up to keep levels at a constant and also I take clomid once every other day is there anything that I need to take to keep my estrogen and other levels in check
Sorry about the duplicate posting.
Steve Murphey

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Blackhawk

Uh, you have a duplicate thread. please delete the other one. This is the place for what you are asking.

I will move my reply from your other thread to here...

Steve murphey

Uh, you have a duplicate thread. please delete the other one. This is the place for what you are asking.

I will move my reply from your other thread to here...
Sorry trying to figure out how to use site.
I was wanting to know if it would be ok to split dosage.and if clomid is the same as HCG

Blackhawk

*(Note: Talking in milligrams is much clearer to interpret than ml since T esters can have different relative strength.)

Almost certainly your T cyp is 200mg/ml, so that's 200 mg* every other week, correct?

Whether it is 200mg or 100mg, that is a sketchy dosage frequency that works poorly for most everyone. Edit: Note that an every other week dosage frequency alone is a red flag that your doctor may not know what he or she is doing... did you have SHBG tested?

It is pretty darn certain that splitting your dose into 1 or 2 times weekly would be a better starting protocol. Dosage frequency is often and logically based on your SHBG level. Some guys with very low SHBG need more frequent dosage even as often as every day. Others with high SHBG may do well on 1-2 doses per week, and then there's everyone who is in between those

Do you know specifically why you are prescribed this combo? What are your goals in treatment and what has your doctor told you?

Basically, all your question's answers depend entirely on your labs, symptoms and protocol. Can you please post labs, describe how you feel and post your actual dosages/entire treatment protocol?

No, HCG is not the same as clomid and has different purpose in TRT. I think you would benefit from reading Nelson's book articles on TRT, and HCG use and watch his youtube videos on the subject to get a grasp of the basics.

Clomid is most commonly used in TRT to try to kick the HPTA axis in gear to make your own endogenous production of testosterone work. It can sometimes be used in estrogen issues, but typically other categories of drugs are used for this like the aromatase inhibitor anastrozole.

do you even have an estrogen issue? Many doctors that don;t know what they are doing try to suppress estrogen even when there is no problem. This can be a very bad idea since it can tank your E2 which is essential in adequate levels in men.

HCG is used to prevent/alleviate testicular shrinkage from TRT and provide/stimulate production of precursor hormones to testosterone, estrogen and other hormones in the steroid chain. This is called "backfilling the pathways"

Last edited:

Steve murphey

*(Note: Talking in milligrams is much clearer to interpret than ml since T esters can have different relative strength.)

Almost certainly your T cyp is 200mg/ml, so that's 200 mg* every other week, correct?

Whether it is 200mg or 100mg, that is a sketchy dosage frequency that works poorly for most everyone. Edit: Note that an every other week dosage frequency alone is a red flag that your doctor may not know what he or she is doing... did you have SHBG tested?

It is pretty darn certain that splitting your dose into 1 or 2 times weekly would be a better starting protocol. Dosage frequency is often and logically based on your SHBG level. Some guys with very low SHBG need more frequent dosage even as often as every day. Others with high SHBG may do well on 1-2 doses per week, and then there's everyone who is in between those

Do you know specifically why you are prescribed this combo? What are your goals in treatment and what has your doctor told you?

Basically, all your question's answers depend entirely on your labs, symptoms and protocol. Can you please post labs, describe how you feel and post your actual dosages/entire treatment protocol?

No, HCG is not the same as clomid and has different purpose in TRT. I think you would benefit from reading Nelson's book articles on TRT, and HCG use and watch his youtube videos on the subject to get a grasp of the basics.

Clomid is most commonly used in TRT to try to kick the HPTA axis in gear to make your own endogenous production of testosterone work. It can sometimes be used in estrogen issues, but typically other categories of drugs are used for this like the aromatase inhibitor anastrozole.

do you even have an estrogen issue? Many doctors that don;t know what they are doing try to suppress estrogen even when there is no problem. This can be a very bad idea since it can tank your E2 which is essential in adequate levels in men.

HCG is used to prevent/alleviate testicular shrinkage from TRT and provide/stimulate production of precursor hormones to testosterone, estrogen and other hormones in the steroid chain. This is called "backfilling the pathways"
Yes it is 200mg every other week.the clomid I was taking before he switched me to cyp.
From what I understand my body don't produce the right level of testastrone. . Been doing research but I know everything I read is not true.
But want to keep side affects as low as possible.
What dosage would you suggest and what can I take to keep estrogen levels down.

Blackhawk

Yes it is 200mg every other week.the clomid I was taking before he switched me to cyp.
From what I understand my body don't produce the right level of testastrone. . Been doing research but I know everything I read is not true.

Taking the testosterone is going to shut down your own body's endogenous production of testosterone. The clomid will do no good in that regard. Past that I don't personally have the expertise to comment on using both together.

You seem unnecessarily afraid of estrogen. This is one of the most common misunderstandings in testosterone use. YOU NEED ESTROGEN. Unless you have a high estrogen problem there is no reason to take anything to suppress it. The ONLY way to determine that is full labs with the correct estradiol LC/MS/MS test and keeping track of any symptoms.

Man you really need to take a look at and share your labs here for starters. We can comment in vague general terms with what you have shared, but you are not going to get custom detailed assessment of your situation without sharing the whole story, labs, protocol etc.

You want to keep side effects down... while there are many generalities that are thoroughly documented, that has to be assessed on an individual basis. What is appropriate for one man may not be appropriate for you. An example is HCG, it does some men wonders, creates problems for others. Likewise anastrozole, Even testosterone dose itself can be very tricky if taking high levels produce consequences.

Without more specific info provided, I am going to step back from your thread. You will no doubt get other input, but it is an individual process to find the correct treatment for each man. There is no magic bullet or formula for everyone... Many T clinics market as such, but it's BS.

OK, all that said, 200mg every 2 weeks is junk protocol. 100mg total per week is a reasonable starting amount but take it at least as 100mg each week or 50mg every 3.5 days. It is super common that weekly dose creates a rollercoaster where levels peak then crash, but this depends entirely on your SHBG and how your individual body metabolises T. Again, you may do fine on 1xweek dose or you may need as frequent as daily doses.

And seriously what kind of doctor or clinic is treating you?

Last edited:

Steve murphey

Taking the testosterone is going to shut down your own body's endogenous production of testosterone. The clomid will do no good in that regard. Past that I don't personally have the expertise to comment on using both together.

You seem unnecessarily afraid of estrogen. This is one of the most common misunderstandings in testosterone use. YOU NEED ESTROGEN. Unless you have a high estrogen problem there is no reason to take anything to suppress it. The ONLY way to determine that is full labs with the correct estradiol LC/MS/MS test and keeping track of any symptoms.

Man you really need to take a look at and share your labs here for starters. We can comment in vague general terms with what you have shared, but you are not going to get custom detailed assessment of your situation without sharing the whole storym labs, protocol etc.

It seems your doc may not know what they are doing. With more info we can offer more specific help.
Ok thank you

Systemlord

I'm not so sure an every 2 week protool is a good plan, these protocols are still being handed out to poor unsuspecting men too trusting of western medicine doctors believing that the doctor knows best.

These protocols rarely produce good results in the majority of men according to a 2005 clinic study (link), not hard to imagine when one considers the half life is 7-8 days, by then you will have half of what you had in your system a week earlier. More often than not by the second week you will spend the remainder of this week hypogonadal feeling much like you did before starting TRT.

These protocols induce a hormonal roller coaster and sooner or later you will feel no relief from TRT. Most men who find success on TRT inject two or more times per week, the lower the SHBG, the more frequent smaller the injection should be.

These more frequent smaller injections also work well to lower estrogen excess in men who are obese and keep levels more steady.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me