Beet juice improves blood flow due to nitric oxide production

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
This may also have implications in lowering blood pressure and improving penile blood flow.

Beetroot juice improves in overweight and slightly obese men postprandial endothelial function after consumption of a mixed meal.

Authors

Joris PJ, et al.

Atherosclerosis. 2013 Nov;231(1):78-83. doi: 10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2013.09.001. Epub 2013 Sep 11.

Abstract

BACKGROUND: Through effects on nitric oxide (NO) bioavailability, endothelial function is improved after the intake of beetroot juice-which is rich in inorganic nitrate-, but decreased after the intake of a meal.

OBJECTIVE: The objective of this study was to examine if beetroot juice could counteract the impairment of endothelial function associated with the ingestion of a mixed meal.

METHODS: Twenty healthy overweight and slightly obese men with a BMI between 28 and 35 kg/m(2) received in random order a mixed meal providing 56.6 g of fat with beetroot juice or a control drink. The beetroot juice (140 mL) provided approximately 500 mg dietary nitrate. Flow-mediated dilation (FMD) of the brachial artery was measured before and 2 h after meal consumption. Blood was sampled at regular intervals.

RESULTS: Postprandial changes in serum triacylglycerol (TAG) (P = 0.69), plasma glucose (P = 0.84) and insulin (P = 0.67) concentrations were comparable between the meals. After consumption of beetroot juice, the postprandial impairment in FMD following a standardized mixed meal was improved (P = 0.030) compared with the control drink (-0.37 ± 2.92% versus -1.56 ± 2.90%). Following beetroot juice consumption, plasma concentrations of the circulating NO pool were higher at T60, T120, and T240 (P < 0.001 at all time points).

CONCLUSION: In healthy overweight and slightly obese men a single dose of beetroot juice attenuates the postprandial impairment of FMD following a mixed meal, possibly through increases in plasma NO concentrations.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Nitrates, concentrated in green leafy vegetables and beets, underwent a great makeover a few years ago from inert substances to having profound effects on the power plants within all our cells, reducing the oxygen cost during exercise, meaning we can bust out the same amount of work with less oxygen. So, one little shot of beet juice allows free divers to hold their breath for over four minutes; they get about a half minute longer, and for others, this improved muscle efficiency allows athletes to exercise at a higher power output or running speed for the same amount of breath. I profiled this discovery in an unprecedented 17-part video series, the longest I think I've ever done—it was just so fascinating, But this was back in 2012; what's happened since? Well, this all led to many athletes, elite and amateur alike consuming beetroot juice prior to competition, but what does the new science say?
Well, most of the studies were done on men; turns out it works on women too, even African-American women, an even more neglected research demographic. Same workload power outputs using significantly less oxygen after drinking beet juice—but forget beet juice, what about whole beets? Cheaper, healthier, can find them in any produce aisle, but there had never been studies on actual beets, until now.

DLK

would the beetroot capsules have the same effect ? I use them as part of my nitric stack. it's easier to keep around than the juice but I've wondered if they worked as well.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me