Baby making and TRT... what’s up?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Cips1975

I know I should prob have done a search first and I will in the site. So wanted some feedback from the peanut gallery. Girlfriend (40yr) and me (44yr) are going to a fertility clinic to learn more about possibly having a child. She has a tubal ligation so looking at a reversal or possible IVF based off upcoming findings and just being a candidate as
It goes both ways. Aside from the additional testing we will likely go thru which we can skip for this discussion , my question is on TRT use. I am on TRT using approx 150 of Test cyp, 1000iu of HcG and 1 mg of Arimidex weekly. Been on this for 2 years. My questions are:

1. Will I need / should I go off the TRT if we try to conceive? the selfish part of me is like would be great if I could stay on TRT and do this.
2. You think HcG I’ve been on has preserved my fertility? I know the science has been both sides on this.

when you have a free moment. Girlfriend (40yr) and me (44yr) are going to a fertility clinic to learn more about possibly having a child. She has a tubal ligation so looking at a reversal or possible IVF based off upcoming findings and just being a candidate. Now for me, I am on TRT using approx 150 of Test cyp, 1000iu of HcG and 1 mg of Arimidex weekly. Been on this for 2 years. My questions are:
1. Will I need to go off the TRT if we try to conceive?
2. You think HcG I’ve been on has preserved my fertility?

Just wanted to get some initial thoughts understanding that it is more involved than above. Thanks. possibly having a child. She has a tubal ligation so looking at a reversal or possible IVF based off upcoming findings and just being a candidate. Now foryears. My questions are:
) and me (44yr) are going to a fertility clinic to learn more about possibly having a child. She has a tubal ligation so looking at a reversal or possible IVF based off upcoming findings and just being a candidate. Now for me, I am on TRT using approx 150 of Test cyp, 1000iu of HcG and 1 mg of Arimidex weekly. Been on this for 2 years. My questions are:

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

trt reznor

For starters get a semen analysis done. HCG apparently does preserve fertility in some men. You could be one of those. If not, then there’s other options, depending on what route you want to take and what your budget is. I’m also currently trying to regain fertility, but I’m going the pricier route by staying on TRT, HCG, and soon adding FSH. I’ll do another analysis a couple months after I start FSH. Or you can always try getting off TRT and going the clomid route. Which is cheaper but many men experience unpleasant side effects with.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
From Dr. Saya:

A *very* generalized ranking of relative fertilities (with top being most fertile):
1. Clomid/SERM treatment
2(A). HCG + HMG (or lyophilized FSH)
2(B). Baseline no treatment (no HPTA suppression via TRT, AAS, HCG mono, etc) - assuming no significant degree of primary/secondary/tertiary dysfunction.
3(A). HCG monotherapy (does in fact result in HPTA suppression, especially at higher doses, but *may* move up to #2 in select cases of SECONDARY/TERTIARY hypogonadism)
3(B). TRT + HCG (as we know many men are still able to maintain adequate fertility to conceive)
4. TRT/AAS with no concurrent HCG.

[1]

AdamYoung

[QUOTE
1. Clomid/SERM treatment
[1][/QUOTE​
What exactly is this treatment? What is SERM? Which pills?​
Is it PCT or while on TRT or in combination of TRT or coming off TRT and then trying Clomid? What about Nolva?​

Cataceous

Super Moderator
1. Clomid/SERM treatment
[1]​
What exactly is this treatment? What is SERM? Which pills?​
Is it PCT or while on TRT or in combination of TRT or coming off TRT and then trying Clomid? What about Nolva?​
"SERM" means selective estrogen receptor modulator, and Clomid/clomiphene is one of these, as is Novaldex/tamoxifen. You do need to stop TRT for these medications to work effectively. I would only go this route if other methods fail. First off, you may be ok as you are with TRT+hCG. Next would be TRT+hCG+FSH. Only if these didn't work would I consider stopping TRT.

AdamYoung

Thanks Cataceous. Have u seen anybody in this forum who tried TRT+Clomid? I know clomid cant stop HGA suppression but wondering if testosterone is in optimal or average( not high) range then there is chance that clomid might work right?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Thanks Cataceous. Have u seen anybody in this forum who tried TRT+Clomid? I know clomid cant stop HGA suppression but wondering if testosterone is in optimal or average( not high) range then there is chance that clomid might work right?
There are a few threads on this site where this topic is discussed. One guy did claim good results with the combination of TRT and Clomid. But the most credible reports are from Dr. Saya, who says that in some rare cases he does see some HPTA activity, but most of the time Clomid cannot overcome the suppression of TRT, and LH and FSH remain close to zero.

During a period of reduced TRT dosing I personally tried taking something alleged to be enclomiphene for a month. This did not result in any HPTA activation.

AdamYoung

Yes I agree with you. Most of the literature on the internet tells the same. I believe you had a healthy hypothalamus unlike secondary hypogonadism. Also, clomid cant be taken for long time i guess due to increase in SBGH which causes low free T. So I guess TRT+HCG+FSH/HCM is ideal as of now. Wonder what are ur thoughts on TRT+FSH alone?Do u think it will work? Or u think LH(Leydig cells) contribution is necessary for spermatogenisis.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
... Wonder what are ur thoughts on TRT+FSH alone?Do u think it will work? Or u think LH(Leydig cells) contribution is necessary for spermatogenisis.
I haven't heard about using only TRT+FSH. One thing is that hCG is so cheap relative to FSH that there's no reason not to use it too. Also, LH/hCG is important for creating the high levels of intratesticular testosterone necessary for spermatogenesis.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me