B12 Injection SubQ

Buy Lab Tests Online

GreenMachineX

I've been prescribed b12 injection every 2 weeks. Ask i have are the insulin pins I use for my test cyp. Is there any reason I can do my b12 shot shadow IM/subq? Also, I'm supposed to use a full mL, is that too much to do subq?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JmarkH

I use a 29ga 1/2" for B12. I seem to have less pip [which isn't bad anyway] if I go straight in on a shallow IM. SQ does leave a bit of a lump for about 10 minutes. I favor the glut for this one.

Vince

Super Moderator
I've been prescribed b12 injection every 2 weeks. Ask i have are the insulin pins I use for my test cyp. Is there any reason I can do my b12 shot shadow IM/subq? Also, I'm supposed to use a full mL, is that too much to do subq?
I'll be interested in knowing if you feel any difference. Injecting B12 and I wonder what your start levels are? Did they give you reason why you should be injecting B12 and not just using tablets? My levels are always on the high side.

BigTex

How many mcgs are you supposed to be doing? I have a 25cc vial of 5000mcg/ml and it is easy to use 1000mcg in an insulin syringe. Even with the B-12 I have mixing the two is just a little too much for me to try sub-q. I think 1/2ml is probably the limit. Probably best for you to do the testosterone separately and break the B-12 up into two doses.

GreenMachineX

I'll be interested in knowing if you feel any difference. Injecting B12 and I wonder what your start levels are? Did they give you reason why you should be injecting B12 and not just using tablets? My levels are always on the high side.
So far, the night of each injection has been incredible sleep, but the following back to normal. Doctor said to inject because my levels are dropping while supplementing and eating plenty. I guess I'm low on intrinsic factor.

GreenMachineX

How many mcgs are you supposed to be doing? I have a 25cc vial of 5000mcg/ml and it is easy to use 1000mcg in an insulin syringe. Even with the B-12 I have mixing the two is just a little too much for me to try sub-q. I think 1/2ml is probably the limit. Probably best for you to do the testosterone separately and break the B-12 up into two doses.
I'm supposed to inject 1mg every 2 weeks of b12. I'm thinking I should do 500mcg once a week instead subq.

Blackhawk

I'm supposed to inject 1mg every 2 weeks of b12. I'm thinking I should do 500mcg once a week instead subq.

Splitting it is fine.

BTW, that is a lot. If you indeed can't get it from diet, injections are a better bet, but I would continue to get tested, and watch RBC numbers including RBC count, hemoglobin and Hematocrit.

My own anecdote may not apply one bit to you, but I started injecting B-12 because I was anemic secondary to bone marrow impairment from leukemia. I tested with low normal range B-12. Two hematologist said I had enough enogh and it shouldn't make any difference with the anemia, but i tried it anyway. Whether cause and effect or co-incidence, the anemia resolved. I ended up with mega blood levels of B-12, and it seems also correlated with bouncing the other way... high hematocrit. I have since discontinued the B-12, but still duking it out with hematocrit.

It is generally assumed that high blood levels of B-12 are not harmful... I question everything, including that.

GreenMachineX

Splitting it is fine.

BTW, that is a lot. If you indeed can't get it from diet, injections are a better bet, but I would continue to get tested, and watch RBC numbers including RBC count, hemoglobin and Hematocrit.

My own anecdote may not apply one bit to you, but I started injecting B-12 because I was anemic secondary to bone marrow impairment from leukemia. I tested with low normal range B-12. Two hematologist said I had enough enogh and it shouldn't make any difference with the anemia, but i tried it anyway. Whether cause and effect or co-incidence, the anemia resolved. I ended up with mega blood levels of B-12, and it seems also correlated with bouncing the other way... high hematocrit. I have since discontinued the B-12, but still duking it out with hematocrit.

It is generally assumed that high blood levels of B-12 are not harmful... I question everything, including that.
Well, 1mg per shot isn't a lot when treating a deficiency, is it?

How much testosterone are/were you on during your b12 shots? How high did your hgb and hct get?

I could be wrong, but from my understanding, b12 will only drive erythrocytosis as far as wherever else is driving it...hope I'm saying that well enough to understand. In other words, without a deficiency, it won't drive it any higher. It's just exposing testosterone levels that are too high or something else like sleep apnea...

Blackhawk

Well, 1mg per shot isn't a lot when treating a deficiency, is it?

How much testosterone are/were you on during your b12 shots? How high did your hgb and hct get?

I could be wrong, but from my understanding, b12 will only drive erythrocytosis as far as wherever else is driving it...hope I'm saying that well enough to understand. In other words, without a deficiency, it won't drive it any higher. It's just exposing testosterone levels that are too high or something else like sleep apnea...

1mg is 1000mcg. Pernicious anemia is kind of the real deal: Vitamin B12 Injection: Side Effects, Uses & Dosage - Drugs.com

Usual Adult Dose for Pernicious Anemia:

Initial dose: 100 mcg intramuscularly or deep subcutaneous once a day for 6 to 7 days
If clinical improvement and reticulocyte response is seen from the above dosing:
-100 mcg every other day for 7 doses, then:
-100 mcg every 3 to 4 days for 2 to 3 weeks, then:
Maintenance dose: 100 to 1000 mcg monthly

I do not know whether you are correct about B-12 not driving HCT. I agree it is not typically referred to as such. As I said, my own anecdote may not apply one bit to you

Testosterone dose 56mg/week. It is the lowest I have been on ever, and only once before did my HCT rise... on 150mg/week. None of my doctors thinks this is the cause. It could be, but unlikely.

And again, my blood chem has been messed up by leukemia. Both my primary hematologist and I came up with the same speculation independently that I did not come back to a normal EPO set point after 2 years of anemia. So I also wonder about B-12 in the mix. I am not saying it IS causation, I am saying it could possibly contribute. I continue to mitigate every factor I can control. You mention sleep apnea. Yep, that too... managed. I have no obstructive apnea. Been there did that with CPAP. It made me worse. Sleep HYPOXIA managed with nighttime O2 does the trick. Averaging 97-98% with no drops below 90%.

GreenMachineX

1mg is 1000mcg. Pernicious anemia is kind of the real deal: Vitamin B12 Injection: Side Effects, Uses & Dosage - Drugs.com

Usual Adult Dose for Pernicious Anemia:

Initial dose: 100 mcg intramuscularly or deep subcutaneous once a day for 6 to 7 days
If clinical improvement and reticulocyte response is seen from the above dosing:
-100 mcg every other day for 7 doses, then:
-100 mcg every 3 to 4 days for 2 to 3 weeks, then:
Maintenance dose: 100 to 1000 mcg monthly

I do not know whether you are correct about B-12 not driving HCT. I agree it is not typically referred to as such. As I said, my own anecdote may not apply one bit to you

Testosterone dose 56mg/week. It is the lowest I have been on ever, and only once before did my HCT rise... on 150mg/week. None of my doctors thinks this is the cause. It could be, but unlikely.

And again, my blood chem has been messed up by leukemia. Both my primary hematologist and I came up with the same speculation independently that I did not come back to a normal EPO set point after 2 years of anemia. So I also wonder about B-12 in the mix. I am not saying it IS causation, I am saying it could possibly contribute. I continue to mitigate every factor I can control. You mention sleep apnea. Yep, that too... managed. I have no obstructive apnea. Been there did that with CPAP. It made me worse. Sleep HYPOXIA managed with nighttime O2 does the trick. Averaging 97-98% with no drops below 90%.
Thanks. How high did the hct rise in the 56mg per week? I'm at 49mg per week with daily 7mg dosing.

sammmy

Injections of B12 are not necessary. I take 5000mcg = 5mg Methylcobalamin quick dissolve tablets by Kirkland. If taken each day, these take me from low normal to twice the high normal blood level of B12. Nowadays I take these 1-2 times weekly. Never noticed any symptomatic change from those, but I was never actually deficient.

This is quite cheap, comes with 300 tabs, which will last forever. At much better price, this works just as well as the sublingual liquid preparations, which are astronomically overpriced.

sammmy

My point is that oral absorption of high doses methylcobalamin B12 is way more efficient than usually thought. I doubt I have a special digestive system. My mother took another high dose B12 tablets and was also surprised her levels got above the normal range.

Blackhawk

Reviews of other people that Kirkland tabs can increase levels above normal:

Yeah I get it Sammy.

I am totally with something like "sublingual/oral absorption of high doses methylcobalamin B12 is more efficient than previously thought."

But saying "Injections of B12 are not necessary", implies no one ever needs injections of B-12 which at this point is quite unproven.

Taking B-12 orally to correct minor B-12 deficiency is different than treating a medical deficiency like pernicious anemia (see above).

Perhaps we will see in the future that the kind of oral treatment you refer to also works in serious medical patients, but that is not medical procedure for those requiring B-12 injections under medical treatment guidelines.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me