B12 cobalamin: food for thought on maga-dosing

Buy Lab Tests Online

Re-Ride

Elevated Plasma Vitamin B12 Levels as a Marker for Cancer: A Population-Based Cohort Study (revised 2013)revised: http://jnci.oxfordjournals.org/content/105/23/1799

original: http://jnci.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2013/11/11/jnci.djt315.long

["High Cbl levels were associated with the risk of subsequently diagnosed cancer, mostly within the first year of follow-up. This may have clinical implications for the interpretation of high Cbl levels."]

The Journal of the National Cancer institute subsequently published a warning to clinicians who find elevated serum levels (reference range 200–600 pmol/L) that these patients may be at risk of developing certain cancers.

The Danish study consisted of 333,000 persons not on "B12 therapy". Those with existing cancers were excluded.

Arendt et al. note that high plasma Cbl levels are probably not related to normal Vitamin B12 intake because consumption of Cbl containing foods or supplements do not increase plasma Cbl levels substantially. Rather, high Cbl levels may result from some unknown malignant process.

My thoughts: Mega B vits often contain 1,667% or more RDA of B12. There may still be some risk from over-supplementation.

In general certain supplements are thought to promote faster growth of existing malignancies. Among the general population there are those who practice mega dosing for various reasons: increased stamina, growth or prevention.

Malignancies are rarely caught early. In an effort to identify markers, studies such as these survey serum levels and ratios then track subject diagnoses and mortality over time.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Re-ride,

This study validates previous work that has shown some cancers may induce high B12 levels usually by restricting excretion. I see nothing here indicating it's the B12 itself influencing the cancerous condition. Never a bad idea to know baseline levels before beginning a supplementation program though and this study is a good, albiet rare, example of why.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I think what that paper alluded to is that natural B-12 metabolism and clearance may be affected by certain cancers but in no way in concludes that B-12 supplementation causes cancer.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me