B12 and libido

Buy Lab Tests Online

ajax31

I posted a few links to studies at the beginning of this thread. For the sake of convenience, here they are again.

We discussed and debated about how to go about lowering homocysteine earlier in the thread. My position is that vitamin B12 drove down my homocysteine level and there is no need to mess around taking folic acid or methylfolate if you eat a whole foods diet of unprocessed food. Besides, I have read there might be an association between folic acid supplementation and colon cancer. Why take the risk if you can accomplish the same goal - lowering homocysteine - with B12?

And then this about riboflavin for the MTHFR folks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DixieWrecked

I posted a few links to studies at the beginning of this thread. For the sake of convenience, here they are again.

We discussed and debated about how to go about lowering homocysteine earlier in the thread. My position is that vitamin B12 drove down my homocysteine level and there is no need to mess around taking folic acid or methylfolate if you eat a whole foods diet of unprocessed food. Besides, I have read there might be an association between folic acid supplementation and colon cancer. Why take the risk if you can accomplish the same goal - lowering homocysteine - with B12?

And then this about riboflavin for the MTHFR folks.

Alright. I'll bite. I went ahead and picked up some B12. Let's see what happens.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I inject 1000 mcg of B-12 twice per week. It increases my appetite. Not sure if my libido or erections are better. But I am 62 and a long term 35 year testosterone user.

M.J

Took my first dose of methylcobalamin, yesterday, opening the capsule putting the powder under my tongue for several minutes. That was mid afternoon. By evening,around 10, my libido was intense...but I had to literally put all my focus on getting hard in order to relieve myself, otherwise, getting to sleep would have been difficult.
I am not sure of this,,,, but I think 4 or 5 hours after taking b12 I feel I am reaching the peak of my libido.

M.J

I inject 1000 mcg of B-12 twice per week. It increases my appetite. Not sure if my libido or erections are better. But I am 62 and a long term 35 year testosterone user.
Nelson I tried 1000 multiple times didn’t feel much, at 5000 a completed different story.

what do you think about 5000 b12 daily any concerns ?

MIP1950

B12 supplementation should be based on how you feel,not a lab number. Look up Dr. H. L. Newbold. He was a psychiatrist in the 1960-70's who prescribed high dose B12 injections(thousands to tens of thousand micrograms per day) for many of his patients.

MarcoFL

B12 supplementation should be based on how you feel,not a lab number. Look up Dr. H. L. Newbold. He was a psychiatrist in the 1960-70's who prescribed high dose B12 injections(thousands to tens of thousand micrograms per day) for many of his patients.
good afternoon MIP, could you give a little more color on what you mean on how you feel when it comes to B12 needs? Thank you!

MIP1950

good afternoon MIP, could you give a little more color on what you mean on how you feel when it comes to B12 needs? Thank you!
Hey, Mark. I'm also Mark. Mood, energy. Less depression or more stable mood. Stress handling ability. Sleep quality. Physical stamina. Libido. I understand that all sounds quite general. The late Dr. Newbold found that even when a patient had a 'normal' level of B12, when he prescribed injections, there were improvements in mood. He found this in many patients and he used the MMPI assessment before B12 and after B12, finding that some psych symptoms declined or resolved when the patient was on B12.

I know that I'm focusing on the psychiatric/psychological aspect of B12 supplementation because I'm struggling with bipolar illness. B12 is, IMO, one the underrated vitamins, that has a broad range of effects. That's not just my opinion. Look up Carmen Wheatley, PhD. She's one of the world's experts on B12. I read all of her papers on B12 several years ago. Though I don't have a science backround, I was able to glean quite a bit of information.

MarcoFL

Hey, Mark. I'm also Mark. Mood, energy. Less depression or more stable mood. Stress handling ability. Sleep quality. Physical stamina. Libido. I understand that all sounds quite general. The late Dr. Newbold found that even when a patient had a 'normal' level of B12, when he prescribed injections, there were improvements in mood. He found this in many patients and he used the MMPI assessment before B12 and after B12, finding that some psych symptoms declined or resolved when the patient was on B12.

I know that I'm focusing on the psychiatric/psychological aspect of B12 supplementation because I'm struggling with bipolar illness. B12 is, IMO, one the underrated vitamins, that has a broad range of effects. That's not just my opinion. Look up Carmen Wheatley, PhD. She's one of the world's experts on B12. I read all of her papers on B12 several years ago. Though I don't have a science backround, I was able to glean quite a bit of information.
Thank you for the detail! I wish you all the best in your journey for optimum health!

JA Battle

An MTHFR test looks for two of these mutations, also known as variants. The MTHFR variants are called C677T and A1298C
Hey Vince I cannot recall if it was you. I think saw somewhere you posted your before and after b12 tests. If it was you what were they and what was the dose?

Gman86

Doses that high won’t cause imbalances in other B vitamins?

MIP1950

Doses that high won’t cause imbalances in other B vitamins?
He did recommend other supplements but the B12(hydroxycobalamin) dosing for some of his patients was quite high. One of them, who had what we'd now call TBI, needed 26,000 mcg, daily, for ten years, before he could reduce it to 26,000, once a week. Another patient with intractable depression took 3000 mcg, 3x daily. In Japan, neurologists use extremely high dosing of methylcobalamin for people with MS.

I understand at least the theoretical possibility of imbalances of the other B vitamins. I've experimented with B1, B2, B3, B6 and all of them seem to make me feel worse, even in the active forms of those vitamins. Something screwed up in me, since, decades ago, I used to take regular B complex, OTC.

JA Battle

hey guys, I started 1000 microgram b12 methylated last night with meal. I plan on taking 1000 mcg with each meal. One interesting thing, I actually dreamed(I usually remember a dream once in a blue moon). Maybe that’s a good thing because it was not pleasant. Involved people I didn’t know and involved me having a sword and was lifelike.

ajax31

He did recommend other supplements but the B12(hydroxycobalamin) dosing for some of his patients was quite high. One of them, who had what we'd now call TBI, needed 26,000 mcg, daily, for ten years, before he could reduce it to 26,000, once a week. Another patient with intractable depression took 3000 mcg, 3x daily. In Japan, neurologists use extremely high dosing of methylcobalamin for people with MS.

I understand at least the theoretical possibility of imbalances of the other B vitamins. I've experimented with B1, B2, B3, B6 and all of them seem to make me feel worse, even in the active forms of those vitamins. Something screwed up in me, since, decades ago, I used to take regular B complex, OTC.

M.J

So going through protocol change from 75mg once weekly to 20mg eod. (Plus FSH and hcg)

As soon as I changed protocol libido went lower yet not completely dead like before.
It’s been two weeks since I shifted.
Waiting to complete 40 or two month (sustanon) and have my level increase to judge on this new protocol.

I believe as i finish it should go up like before if not better than before as my free testosterone should increase.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me