At what age did you start testosterone and what was your total testosterone?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

I started HRT at 29 with HCG monotherapy. First two set of labs were Pre-HRT, and the 3rd set of labs was after a restart was attempted with Clomid. My levels went right back down to baseline two months after taking the last dose of Clomid.

8-5-15 LABCORP
Total T - 584 (348-1197 ng/dL)
Free T - 7.3 (9.3-26.5)
SHBG - 57.1 ( 16.5 - 55.9).
E2 NOT sensitive - 14.6 (7.6-42.6)

11-2-15 QUEST
Total T - 691 (250-1100 ng/dL)
Free T - 73.9 (46.0-224.0)
Bio T - 161.6 (110.0-575.0 ng/dL)
SHBG 45 (10-50)
E2 Sensitive- 25

8-31-16 QUEST
Total T - 601 (250-1100 ng/dL)
Free T - 54.3 (46.0-224.0)
Bio T - 116.4 (110.0-575.0 ng/dL)
SHBG 53 (10-50)
E2 NOT Sensitive - 23

Systemlord

I started TRT not do to a natural decline, Klonopin killed my T production at 44 year old when I started tapering off the drug. My first test was a Total T of 225, Free T 7.7 and the second test was Total T of 120.

I do very well right at Total T of 500, Free T 20.

FightingFungus

Started at 39. Total t was around 470 if I remember correctly. Free t was only 6 though.

How do you feel? My numbers were similar to yours with a free t of 6.7 and total of 420. Just started 2 weeks ago, what is your protocol if you don’t mind asking. With those numbers I am sure your SHGB is high like mine.

M

MarkM

I had just turned 46 years old and began TRT on July 5, 2005. Total T was 64 and Free T was 4.3. Most recent labs almost two weeks ago, January 16, 2019 had my Total T at 1092 and Free T at 31.5 using LabCorp. Needless to say, I feel much better today than I did 14 years ago.

broker

Interesting that some of you guys have very high natural T levels( 600’s), but lower free T due to high shgb. I would imagine that your hypothalamus senses free T is low and sends a strong signal to the testes to create higher T with the hopes of more free T ?
I wonder if your shgb became lower, total T would drop a bit but free T would go much higher?

Gman86

Interesting that some of you guys have very high natural T levels( 600’s), but lower free T due to high shgb. I would imagine that your hypothalamus senses free T is low and sends a strong signal to the testes to create higher T with the hopes of more free T ?
I wonder if your shgb became lower, total T would drop a bit but free T would go much higher?

I don’t think it’s really a matter of the hypothalamus sensing low Free T and trying to increase total T because of it. If that was the case, the pituitary would be pushing out high levels of LH to try and increase total T. Here are my LH and FSH levels pre TRT while having a 584 total T.

LH - 3.5 (1.7-8.6)
FSH - 2.3 (1.5-12.4)

I think the low Free T, with the healthy range of total T, is just a simple case of high SHBG. Now what is causing the high SHBG? That’s the real question.

Ardoc2

Started 2012 (now 53)
TT was hovering around 300 for 3 consecutive bloodworks.
Unfortunately I did not have the doctor, knowledge or resources (ie. this forum) that I do today so had no other parameters tested.
Current TT about 850 and Free T is 50% above what is likely an irrelevant reference range.
Feeling quite good.
FYI once dialed in, my HCT finally “normalized” after almost 7 years.

Last edited:

DragonBits

I was 57 when I started with TRT using Nebido.

No idea what any of my hormones were at the time, never took a test. I assume my Total T was around 370. I did a PSA and EKG, that was it.

The reason I assumed that about Tot T was because when I was 43 I did a testosterone test and it was 376 ng/dl, I doubt it want up as I got older, likey stayed about the same. I doubt it went down much either over the 14 years. (Because of tests I have done the last few years.)

Mainly I started because I started a sexual relationship and it was very easy to get on Nebido at the time. Sex wasn't a problem but I thought it would amp up my sexual game, which it did beyond my expectations.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me