At a crossroad. Need advice.

Buy Lab Tests Online

kevt100

Hey Everyone. Been on TRT for aprox 5 years and need guidance on a recommended strategy to improve my wellbeing. Have changed up protocols many times and currently on twice a week .25 Sunday night/ Thursday morning. 100mg total. My last bloodwork was solid all the way across accept Free T and Cortisol. Free T was at 8 and Corisol at 18.9. Total testosterone was at 599. My SHGB was at 47. Estrogen was at 34. I know that free T is low and that has been my Achilles heal most of my trt journey. What do you recommend I Adjust my protocol too to increase free without causing my other markers to tank like hemocrit. I still feel tired especially late afternoons and my libido is not great along with some brain fog. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Hey Everyone. Been on TRT for aprox 5 years and need guidance on a recommended strategy to improve my wellbeing. Have changed up protocols many times and currently on twice a week .25 Sunday night/ Thursday morning. 100mg total. My last bloodwork was solid all the way across accept Free T and Cortisol. Free T was at 8 and Corisol at 18.9. Total testosterone was at 599. My SHGB was at 47. Estrogen was at 34. I know that free T is low and that has been my Achilles heal most of my trt journey. What do you recommend I Adjust my protocol too to increase free without causing my other markers to tank like hemocrit. I still feel tired especially late afternoons and my libido is not great along with some brain fog. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Free T is too low -- I would raise dose. What other protocols have you tried, and how did the results (both labs and symptoms) compare to the current 50 mg twice weekly?

kevt100

Most recently before my current protocol I was on .30 (3) times per week or 180 mg per week. Total was 796 and free 15 but I experienced some late night anxiety with a high hemocrit. I’ve been on dosages as low as 60 mg total per week to 180mg per week. I recently read that given the half life of cypionate there’s no reason to dose more frequently than twice per week. Not sure how true that is but did have doctor change protocol as I usually feel better on less frequent injections. The lower dose fixed the hemocrit and anxiety but definitely feel the fatigue and brain fog. With an SHGB in the higher ranges doesn’t that mean I should pin less frequently? Everything has been sub q.
Really appreciate your input.

Vince

Super Moderator
Most recently before my current protocol I was on .30 (3) times per week or 180 mg per week. Total was 796 and free 15 but I experienced some late night anxiety with a high hemocrit. I’ve been on dosages as low as 60 mg total per week to 180mg per week. I recently read that given the half life of cypionate there’s no reason to dose more frequently than twice per week. Not sure how true that is but did have doctor change protocol as I usually feel better on less frequent injections. The lower dose fixed the hemocrit and anxiety but definitely feel the fatigue and brain fog. With an SHGB in the higher ranges doesn’t that mean I should pin less frequently? Everything has been sub q.
The couple things you could try. HCG I inject 500 IU twice a week. Have your magnesium level checked or just start supplementing with magnesium. It does increase your free T. I'll add a couple of threads for you.

Vince

Super Moderator

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I would definitely experiment with shallow IM if you never have. While many people don't notice a difference, some people do feel significantly better on IM than SUBQ. I was also thinking that your numbers look low based on your current dosage.

I don't think the SHBG value dictates what injection frequency will work well for anyone. You've already found that you feel better injecting less frequently so I would stick with lower frequency.

There is alot of room to adjust the dose upward between 100 mg where you are now and 180 mg where you had anxiety and high hematocrit.

kevt100

Thanks fellas. My Magnesium was just checked and was low at 1.9. Any recommendations on types/brands that you actually used. I may go up to .30 twice per week first and see how that goes before I change to shallow IM. I will also check into HCG.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Thanks fellas. My Magnesium was just checked and was low at 1.9. Any recommendations on types/brands that you actually used. I may go up to .30 twice per week first and see how that goes before I change to shallow IM. I will also check into HCG.
The big thing with supplementing magnesium is that larger doses loosen stools. This is a desirable side effect for some people, for others, not so much. A few good options ranked from least to most prone to this side effect:

magnesium glycinate
magnesium citrate
magnesium oxide

Systemlord

I recently read that given the half life of cypionate there’s no reason to dose more frequently than twice per week.
I didn't even start responding to TRT until injecting every other day, twice weekly I felt nothing at all.

Some guys feel better when the hormone profile is flatter with less fluctuations when on injections.

Vince

Super Moderator
I use source naturals magnesium malate. I take three tablets twice a day. Keeps my levels at a good range.

Blackhawk

My last bloodwork was solid all the way across accept Free T and Cortisol. Free T was at 8 and Corisol at 18.9. Total testosterone was at 599. My SHGB was at 47.

Start with confirming the low free T number. Get a better Free T test. I had high SHBG and co-morbidities that contributed to skewed FreeT with the standard free T direct assay. Try Ultrafiltration eqilibrium dialysis, or if you have SHBG and albumin run it through the Tru-T calculator (duckduckgo it)

kevt100

Start with confirming the low free T number. Get a better Free T test. I had high SHBG and co-morbidities that contributed to skewed FreeT with the standard free T direct assay. Try Ultrafiltration eqilibrium dialysis, or if you have SHBG and albumin run it through the Tru-T calculator (duckduckgo it)
I will do that Blackhawk. Albumin was 4.3 and I will use it to calculate.

Willyt

Have you tried the much heralded 10mg daily Cyp protocol? Might help to reduce that afternoon lethargy.

kevt100

Have you tried the much heralded 10mg daily Cyp protocol? Might help to reduce that afternoon lethargy.
I may go that route as it’s probably the only protocol I haven’t tested. Let me ask what size needles/syringes do you use for such a frequent injection?

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I may go that route as it’s probably the only protocol I haven’t tested. Let me ask what size needles/syringes do you use for such a frequent injection?
My preferences:

Shallow IM: 30G, 1/2" length, 3/10 cc capacity
SubQ: 31G, 5/16" length, 3/10 cc

If you are impatient and don't mind a little pain, you can fill the syringe faster with larger gauge needles like 27 - 29g. I'd rather poke smaller holes in myself.

Willyt

To add to @FunkOdyssey post, this is my go-to brand for 5/16

kevt100

I didn't even start responding to TRT until injecting every other day, twice weekly I felt nothing at all.

Some guys feel better when the hormone profile is flatter with less fluctuations when on injections.
I appreciate the response. Curious what your every other day protocol is that’s been successful?

Systemlord

Curious what your every other day protocol is that’s been successful?
In the short term, yes, but the ED protocol was even better but again short term. My body goes into chaos when hormone levels are very flat with minimal fluctuations in hormones.

Some of these side effects are life threatening, ie. super low blood pressure while sleeping with swelling in the abdomen and wicked sounds coming from the abdomen. My skin is overstimulated and burns intensity, turns red and dries out very quickly.

I need very short half-life formulations of TRT to take it work which took me years to figure this out. Jatenzo (2x daily) gives me that optimal protocol. Now my Total T and Free T levels are twice as high as they were when on the every other day and daily protocols and none of those symptoms are present.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching