AST and ALT Elevated Since Starting TRT - Is This Unusual?

Buy Lab Tests Online

johnt

I have been on TRT for 8 weeks now and due to have my follow-up labs at week 12. However, last week I was able to get some labs completed and all looked good except for ALT and AST are now high, out of range. In all my prior blood work AST and ALT have always been in range. The only thing I am doing differently is TRT and working out consistently (5 days per week).

AST = 47 Reference Range 0 - 40 IU/L
ALT (SGPT) = 63 Reference Range 0 - 44 IU/L

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
advice I give with CMP/CBC is to always do those fasted, 8-10hrs and always first thing in the morning. Since you mention gym time, too, I never do those tests within 72hrs of a gym session either as it seems gym activity artificially can/seems to affect certain markers in those tests, like Kidney and Liver.
I would test again whether you did those things and still got a high result, or not, or just to eliminate lab error.

johnt

@Vince Carter I agree, I always do labs in a fasted state and in the morning. I fasted approximately 12 hours and had blood drawn at 10 AM.

johnt

Spoke to PA at docs office and she said not to worry as they are only slightly elevated. She noted that things such as weight training, alcohol consumption as well as many other things can cause a temporary elevation. When they run my follow-up labs in 4 weeks they will see how levels look. It gave me a little peace of mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Id encourage you to plan your labs around when you have 48hrs off from gym/weights/whatever and see if that has an impact on your numbers.

hotdog

Try a milk thistle supplement.
Dropped my AST/ALT from 25/38 to 15/15 gradually over about a year (age 57, weights 3x a week).
It MAY detox the liver and MAY help it regenerate!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me