Aromasin Lowers my Testosterone significantly

Buy Lab Tests Online

Flexedup

Hello all,

Love this board and the culmination of information provided by many of you. It provides great insight that I'm not able to get from top endocrinologists and doctors in my town and for that, I'm grateful.

I would like to preface this by saying I have been diagnosed with hypogonadism. About 10 years ago, I was highly invested in body building and really wanted to shape by life and my body by taking on a healthier lifestyle and defeat the status quo I was living in since puberty. My prepubescent years and through puberty, I lived in a Gulf country and my life essentially consisted of fast food diet, video games and sleeping since the ambient heat consumed any extracurricular activities for me. I then grew puberty gyno, had fast deposit and distribution to that of a typical female and just an overall very dysphoric body that basically made me to never dive into a beach without a tank top on. Fast forward to my late twenties, i endeavored with body building, weight loss and nutrition. I lost about 60 lbs total and felt terrific overall then, I coerced myself into running a testosterone only cycle for 10 weeks. Needless to say, I did not have a successful cycle as it paid nothing towards my body composition but rather only strength gains, water and very high estrogen. I ran a PCT that consisted of HCG and Aromasin for two weeks followed by Nolvadex and Clomid for the remainder of the 5-weeks. Ever since, workouts have never been the same, gained fat, retained so much water, became unable to sweat during cardio, weak libidio, etc.

Fast forward over 10 years, everytime I went for bloods my total testosterone was at 300 ng/dl with low LH (2.6 mIU/mL) and Low FSH (1.4mIU/ml) and normal estradiol (25 pg/dl), like clockwork and on every subsequent bloods. However, I endeavored one time to test for my total estrogen serum along with the metabolic and hormonal panel at my primary care doctor and it was at whooping 264 pg/mL (range 60-190). This was likely the culprit in the reduced LH and FSH. So I took a quarter of an Aromasin tab (6.25mg) on Thursday, a quarter on Saturday and another quarter the following Friday. I have to tell you, I was peeing every 15 minutes for the first 4 hours I took those doses and felt the high BP significantly subside along with the loud tinnitus the estrogen had in my ears when I came to sleep. It was like what my body needed all these years and believe me when I tell you, Arimidex did not do the same. Eventhough Arimidex reduced the BP symptoms, I felt a heavy rebound every 3 days after taking it and pretty much always needed to keep taking it. But Aromasin, it deflated me. However, the surprising part is I noticed my LH, FSH and Testosterone decline significantly after those doses to 2.0mIU/ml, 1.1mIU/ml and 111ng/dl , respectively. I was then placed on clomid monotherapy at 25 mg for 3 months. The first round went very well with very desirable results on LH, FSH and testosterone total and Free. Then after stopping, I was very lethargic, sleepy, began holding water again, high BP, etc. for months after completion. Then I took an Aromasin by itself which again, deflated the water, reduced BP and dropped all values again. It was the only thing that gave me relief after the clomid monotherapy, however, it kept crashing my values.

I just completed the 3rd round of this clomid mono therapy with pharma Aromasin used the final two weeks at 6.25mg on Mon/Wed/Fri and Mon/Thurs the following week in hopes to lock in my levels. This round I was heavily invested in exercise, cardio and clean diet. However, it crashed my estradiol to 12 pg/ml and dropped total testosterone from 500 ng/dl to 260ng/dl , FSH from 2.0mIU/ml to 1.4mIU/ml and LH from 6.0mIU/ml to 2.6mIU/ml. I felt absolutely awful when I took the last dose of Aromasin from depression, vomiting, nausea, night shivers, complete changes to my olfactory function specifically my sense of smell, back pain, lethargy, dehydration and complete mental block that I do not wish on my worst enemy. Please be cautious with crashing your estradiol levels, it has been 6 days since that occurred and I'm feeling slightly better, but it took a serious toll on me with great fear that what I did won't recover.

Apologies for the life story but my doctor recommended to jump back on the clomid to increase all my values again completely stopped Aromasin as my AI. I wanted to inquire on whether you may know the real reason for why Aromasin crashes my testosterone levels as it which goes everything I have studied about the drug including its pharmocokinetics on males published by the Journal of medical endocrinology.

Thanks for reading

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Aromasin kills aromatase enzymes, it doesn't effect testosterone in the way you describe. You're probably seeing reductions, daily fluctuations in testosterone and attributing it to Aromasin.

Testing total estrogen isn't very useful, because it tests all types of estrogen in the body, you need to test (E2) estrogen.

Also be aware people with elevated C-reactive protein, a marker for inflammation, when using the standard estradiol testing, you will see a false elevation.

The sensitive E2 method must be used if the C-reactive protein marker is elevated.

Last edited:

Flexedup

Aromasin kills aromatase enzymes, it doesn't effect testosterone in the way you describe. You're probably seeing reductions, daily fluctuations in testosterone and attributing it to Aromasin.

Also be aware people with elevated C-reactive protein, a marker for inflammation, when using the standard estradiol testing, you will see a false elevation.

Testing total estrogen isn't very useful, you need to test estrogen.
Thank you, SL. I think the elevated estrogen serum was maybe due to the higher BF whilst on the initial clomid monotherapy round. However, after getting back into excersie and clean diet, it hasn't risen. I was just advised to continue the clomid for a month and take markers to evaluate where I will be. The lethargy clomid doesn't let up even months after stopping is very concerning.

Systemlord

I think the elevated estrogen serum was maybe due to the higher BF
Correct, high visceral body fat increases aromatase.
The lethargy clomid doesn't let up even months after stopping is very concerning.
If you don't feel well on clomid, then you need TRT. Most men don't feel like symptoms are fully resolved on clomid and in some cases makes symptoms worse.

It seems clomid didn't really do anything for you, so I see no reason to restart it other than for fertility reasons.

Last edited:

Flexedup

Correct, high visceral body fat increases aromatase.

If you don't feel well on clomid, then you need TRT. Most men don't feel like symptoms are fully resolved on clomid and in some cases makes symptoms worse.

It seems clomid didn't really do anything for you, so I see no reason to restart it other than for fertility reasons.
You're absolutley right, that is exactly my reasoning behind sticking to just clomid for the time being. After I'm finished with having kids, I plan to explore other options for well being. Also, I feel great whilst on clomid, but feel terrible once off it.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me