Arimidex discontinuation update

Buy Lab Tests Online
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shad0w

So for about the past month I had weaned off of arimidex in hopes of feeling better. I was using the 1mg adex/100mg test strategy prior to weaning off. E2 was around 21 and tt was at 1000ish. Felt awful, no sex drive, fatigue, aches and pains, hair shedding, mentally slow, brain fog, dark circles around eyes etc.

Fast forward to now, I have been off arimidex for about a month and all of the above symptoms basically vanished. I decided last night to expiriment and try a micro dose (.125 mg, aka 1/8 of a 1mg pill) to see how it affected me. Woke up bloated, noticeable increase in water weight. Headed to the gym for a workout and couldn’t even get past my warmup sets because of severe joint pain.

My conclusion is that my body has adjusted to no longer needing an ai and I’m doing MUCH better mentally and physically without one. No more depression, anxiety, fatigue, joint pain, brain fog. Energy levels are higher and I feel/look younger.

Protocol has been 55mg test cyp eod w/ 100iu hcg eod. Recently switched over to entourage with Dr. Bryan Henry and we’re going to keep up the same protocol but drop the hcg to 250iu’s once a week to reduce aromatase activity and the need for any ai. Will be getting labs in 9 weeks.

Shbg has always been around 12. Contrary to other people’s beliefs, I do much better with higher e2 than mid 20’s and lower.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

tmaxey1

So for about the past month I had weaned off of arimidex in hopes of feeling better. I was using the 1mg adex/100mg test strategy prior to weaning off. E2 was around 21 and tt was at 1000ish. Felt awful, no sex drive, fatigue, aches and pains, hair shedding, mentally slow, brain fog, dark circles around eyes etc.

Fast forward to now, I have been off arimidex for about a month and all of the above symptoms basically vanished. I decided last night to expiriment and try a micro dose (.125 mg, aka 1/8 of a 1mg pill) to see how it affected me. Woke up bloated, noticeable increase in water weight. Headed to the gym for a workout and couldn’t even get past my warmup sets because of severe joint pain.

My conclusion is that my body has adjusted to no longer needing an ai and I’m doing MUCH better mentally and physically without one. No more depression, anxiety, fatigue, joint pain, brain fog. Energy levels are higher and I feel/look younger.

Protocol has been 55mg test cyp eod w/ 100iu hcg eod. Recently switched over to entourage with Dr. Bryan Henry and we’re going to keep up the same protocol but drop the hcg to 250iu’s once a week to reduce aromatase activity and the need for any ai. Will be getting labs in 9 weeks.

Shbg has always been around 12. Contrary to other people’s beliefs, I do much better with higher e2 than mid 20’s and lower.
So your conclusion is that .125 of an AI actually caused water retention AND joint aches? I’m not sure I understand how an AI can be responsible for both of these at the same time.

user_joe

I weaned off anastrozole myself. Been off completely the past 7 weeks and feel great. It does seem to me that negative symptoms of elevated e2 may be transient. My e2 last measure was 90.

Shad0w

So your conclusion is that .125 of an AI actually caused water retention AND joint aches? I’m not sure I understand how an AI can be responsible for both of these at the same time.
Yes. I had very noticeable water retention along with very sore joints and felt fatigued throughout the morning until it “wore off” I’m assuming. As soon as I began feeling a rebound, I started feeling better and joint pains went away along with bloat. I’ve always rebounded quickly on ai’s. Even aromasin.

My theory is that if you tend to rebound quickly from an ai, you might not need it. I feel like that’s your body’s way of trying to maintain homeostasis. If it’s converting estrogen so quickly after taking an ai, my guess is that the estrogen you’re trying to reduce isn’t “excess” estrogen. So your body is quickly trying to get back to the level it prefers.

Just my theory.

Last edited:

tmaxey1

Yes. I had very noticeable water retention along with very sore joints and felt fatigued throughout the morning until it “wore off” I’m assuming. As soon as I began feeling a rebound, I started feeling better and joint pains went away along with bloat. I’ve always rebounded quickly on ai’s. Even aromasin.

My theory is that if you tend to rebound quickly from an ai, you might not need it. I feel like that’s your body’s way of trying to maintain homeostasis. If it’s converting estrogen so quickly after taking an ai, my guess is that the estrogen you’re trying to reduce isn’t “excess” estrogen. So your body is quickly trying to get back to the level it prefers.

Just my theory.
I’ve never heard of an AI actually causing water retention.
I think you may be misdiagnosing what was going on. I’ve seen stories from Dr Rand speaking about giving a patient an AI and they drop several pounds of extra water they were carrying.

AI’s lower estrogen levels without debate. Lower estrogen level cause lower water retention. I’ve never heard of lower estrogen levels leading to an increase in water retention.

I have a real hard problem with this .125mg Anastrozole dosing. It's a gimic in that guys expect an AI, the big three (Cyp/HCG/AI) in TRT but it's such a miniscule dose that it's really not going to be all that effective and I'm just not going to believe those that say that they had elevated E symptoms and took .125mg and suddenly pissed out several pounds of water and then had low E joint paint.

Shad0w

I’ve never heard of an AI actually causing water retention.
I think you may be misdiagnosing what was going on. I’ve seen stories from Dr Rand speaking about giving a patient an AI and they drop several pounds of extra water they were carrying.

AI’s lower estrogen levels without debate. Lower estrogen level cause lower water retention. I’ve never heard of lower estrogen levels leading to an increase in water retention.
Maybe any slight change in hormones, up or down, will cause water retention.

Shad0w

I have a real hard problem with this .125mg Anastrozole dosing. It's a gimic in that guys expect an AI, the big three (Cyp/HCG/AI) in TRT but it's such a miniscule dose that it's really not going to be all that effective and I'm just not going to believe those that say that they had elevated E symptoms and took .125mg and suddenly pissed out several pounds of water and then had low E joint paint.
Vince, that’s like assuming every guy will have matching labs on identical protocols. You’ll have people that need more, less etc. Trt is so individual that it is definitely possible, especially if they “over respond” to the ai or were at an e2 level the body was comfortable with then suddenly it gets lowered.

What I’ve learned with this whole trt thing is that the numbers do not matter, how you FEEL does.

pmgamer18

If one is on an AI and doing the women's E2 test it can show high when in fact they might be low. This happened to me my E2 on the women's E2 test was over 600 and I kept taking more Arimidex then switched to Aromasin ending up on 4 pills / day of Aromasin.

After reading about Dr. John killing his self after stopping his AI meds. I read the E2 sensitive test was working good. So my last set of labs I did the sensitive test and found out I was very low 3.1.

So I quit my Aromasin for a number of weeks until I started feeling like my levels were going back up. I have panic attacks when my E2 is high so I went back on my Aromasin but only taking 1/2 a pill. This did nothing so I started on one pill and found it worked in a few hours and I felt great. At age 75 have some strong wood so I not take one pill E3D.

After 30 yrs. of trying to keep E2 in check I have found that after stopping E2 meds then going back on then my hands and feet would hold water until I leveled off after about a week.

Shad0w

Here’s a link to a video Jay Campbell did a few weeks ago on the dangers of ai use and why everyone should try not to use them.

Shad0w

I advise you all watch that video and revise the way you look at ai’s...After my terrible experiences with ai’s this video makes a lot of sense...

pmgamer18

I just watched a video by "Jay Campbell" called The Dangers of Blocking.... at

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/threads/arimidex-discontinuation-update.18019/#post-141832

Now I am not trying to start anything here but I don't buy it. I am 75 yrs. old been on TRT from the age of 35. Back then men on TRT never thought E2 was a problem in men let alone getting a Dr. to test it.

I started on Arimidex many years ago and don't have any of the problems this video talks about. And the way I suffer when E2 is to high I can't live like that.

Phil

Yes some men don't need to lower E2 but the ones that do can't live with high E2 levels.

Blackhawk

Believe what you want, but I have the labs to show effective reduction of E2 from 0.0625 EOD, and it cured my symptoms. I do well in high 20's E2, but above 30 and it starts getting bad. Prior to this anastrozole dosage I was at 38.9, carrying extra bloat and cranky as hell. This dose dropped me to 25.6 Since I have experimented a little and have been dosing at 0.055, last lab E2 29 and things are pretty good.

BTW, regarding joint (and/or bone) pain, for me, the entire point is to not drop E2 that far.

Last edited:

Appassionato

I advise you all watch that video and revise the way you look at ai’s...After my terrible experiences with ai’s this video makes a lot of sense...

Nothing new, he keeps saying the same stuff over and over again. But we are still waiting for the studies.

Also, trusting a doctor that keeps patients on scrotum application of T gel and proudly states he doesn't check both their DHT and E2 levels is irresponsible to say the least.
There's a discussion here on the forum between him and Dr. Saya you may want to have a look at (sorry you'll have to dig, I can't find it right now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale