Arimidex AI and ingrown hair (neck) with electric shaver

Buy Lab Tests Online

hombre

I've had a panasonic $300 electric shaver for 7 years. After I started Arimidex in April I'm getting frequent 1-2 reddish bumps (not open, pretty large, painful, inflamed) on my neck under chin (I only shave neck, electric) every other week or two. I guess those are ingrown hairs, I guess because I never in my life had an ingrown hair, not from electric, not from blade shaving.

I can't find any explanation, they also stay for a while, for at least 1.5 - 2 weeks, until they go away, I even used antibiotics cream, no help, they are not open wounds. Back in March I got a blade replacement head $50, not cheap, I might try to get another one to confirm it's not caused by a shaving head. https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-WE...00HD1ERF8/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Is it possible it's an Arimidex side effect ? My E2 still 20. Tiny Arimidex dose (0.125mg twice a week).

Another weird thing I've started getting is cold sores (herpes) after two nights of bad sleep (already had 3 past summer since starting Arimidex), before I maybe had one a year after really bad cold not just after a lack of sleep. I feel like my skin is different on Arimidex. (my pre-TRT sensitive E2 was 8, low for multiple years pre-TRT, skin was great. On TRT my E2 was 40-50, facial skin was good, just back/chest acne)

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I guess if I was you, I would stop using the AI. Your estrogen levels look good without it (40-50) what cause you to start using an AI?

hombre

I might talk to Defy about going lower on total T, to 500-600 maybe, to keep E2 in check,
chest acne looks ugly, gets scratched (back and chest acne),
libido is not good maybe because of E2 (I'm low SHBG 19-20, skinny / slim, no metabolic syndrome, just unlucky I guess)

You're really reaching here, ingrown hairs and an AI, too, that's 1/8th of a mg, it's hardly a dose that is 1, going to create side effects, or 2, reduce your E from 40-50 to 20. It's such a low dose it's barely of any consequence, Dr's give it because you really can't hurt yourself with it.

I'd look more at the skin cleansing regimen you're using.

hombre

that's another thing, how could I be so sensitive to 0.125mg x twice a week, it's not just a random number,
I took E2 sensitive test FOUR times during summer once a month, it always comes back 19.5-20 barely fluctuates

SilverSurfer

I've had a panasonic $300 electric shaver for 7 years. After I started Arimidex in April I'm getting frequent 1-2 reddish bumps (not open, pretty large, painful, inflamed) on my neck under chin (I only shave neck, electric) every other week or two. I guess those are ingrown hairs, I guess because I never in my life had an ingrown hair, not from electric, not from blade shaving.

I can't find any explanation, they also stay for a while, for at least 1.5 - 2 weeks, until they go away, I even used antibiotics cream, no help, they are not open wounds. Back in March I got a blade replacement head $50, not cheap, I might try to get another one to confirm it's not caused by a shaving head. https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-WE...00HD1ERF8/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Is it possible it's an Arimidex side effect ? My E2 still 20. Tiny Arimidex dose (0.125mg twice a week).

Another weird thing I've started getting is cold sores (herpes) after two nights of bad sleep (already had 3 past summer since starting Arimidex), before I maybe had one a year after really bad cold not just after a lack of sleep. I feel like my skin is different on Arimidex. (my pre-TRT sensitive E2 was 8, low for multiple years pre-TRT, skin was great. On TRT my E2 was 40-50, facial skin was good, just back/chest acne)

Are you on HCG? HCG gives me nodular acne. It’s painful and large bumps. It’s a more extreme form of cystic acne.

hombre

we decided with Dr. Saya to drop HCG as an experiment and drop AI. I'm down to 32mg test cyp x 3 x week since mid September, and might go a bit up to compensate for dropping HCG.

Nomad

I read a study on metformin saying it reduces acne in women with PCOS by lowering their androgens and that testosterone causes thicker skin causing skin to clog pores and follicles more easily. I believe this is the action in which androgens cause acne and estrogen is more responsible for sebum production.

The cause of PCOS acne is elevated levels of testosterone. This masculinizing hormone is produced in the bodies of both males and females, especially during the teenage years. In addition to causing hair growth, muscle growth, and aggressive mood, it also thickens and toughens the skin. Testosterone makes the skin grow over pores, trapping oil and bacteria inside.”

hombre

interesting thing regarding that "beard chin acne" and hair follicules inflammation:

I stopped taking Arimidex (0.125 TIW) mid 2019 after a short trial. And never had beard hair follicles inflammation issues since then. But recently I went on oxandrolone / anavar and same thing is happening (10mg QD split into two doses).

I stopped HCG years ago, and HCG never gave me ever any beard hair follicules inflammation (only back and chest skin texture change, some pimples here and there).

My test cyp dose is only 28mg (0.14ml) TIW.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me