Are cannabis and cannabinoids safe?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter_Grinspoon

The uncontrollable use of cannabis with a high concentration of THC can cause problems and even endanger lives. For example, driving under the influence of any drug is extremely dangerous.

The statistics of the ambulatory medical programs showed that, compared to adults, adolescents are 4 to 7 times more susceptible to a cannabis use disorder.

Cannabis and its compounds can be contaminated with pesticides and other toxic substances.

Smoking cannabis during pregnancy or after the baby is born can cause low birth weight or premature birth, small length, and some long-term developmental difficulties later in life.

Older adults can experience various injuries, and complicated fractures, as a result of frequent use of cannabis.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Guided_by_Voices

The context should be for what, in what form and compared to what? CBD oil contains cannabinoids but is not psychoactive. It can cause mild problems like sleep disruption if overdosed but is generally safe and I don't believe there is any known lethal dose. It is far safer than opioids or statins or acetaminophen for example. Cannabis can cause psychosis in a small number of people but is likely still far safer than opioids.

DragonBits

Here is something interesting and seldom talked about having a medical cannabis card.

You can't own or buy a gun if you have a medical cannabis card. Since a MMJ card is federally registered in a government database. I doubt any police are going to search your house, but you won't be able to buy more guns or ammo. If for some reason you are arrested / investigated and you both own a gun and a MMJ card, you have committed a crime.

However, if you are a recreational cannabis consumer you could buy a gun, though you would have to lie on the form the store has asking those sorts of questions.

Tdizzle

The uncontrollable use of cannabis with a high concentration of THC can cause problems and even endanger lives. For example, driving under the influence of any drug is extremely dangerous.

The statistics of the ambulatory medical programs showed that, compared to adults, adolescents are 4 to 7 times more susceptible to a cannabis use disorder.

Cannabis and its compounds can be contaminated with pesticides and other toxic substances.

Smoking cannabis during pregnancy or after the baby is born can cause low birth weight or premature birth, small length, and some long-term developmental difficulties later in life.

Older adults can experience various injuries, and complicated fractures, as a result of frequent use of cannabis.

Lots of misinformation with this post .... It’s laughable LOL. So smoking after the baby is born can cause all of those issues ? ‍

Complicated fractures and injuries ? I would love to see your data to back up any of what you say. I’ll be patiently waiting

Tdizzle

The context should be for what, in what form and compared to what? CBD oil contains cannabinoids but is not psychoactive. It can cause mild problems like sleep disruption if overdosed but is generally safe and I don't believe there is any known lethal dose. It is far safer than opioids or statins or acetaminophen for example. Cannabis can cause psychosis in a small number of people but is likely still far safer than opioids.

I agree in that it is safe and there is no lethal dose. I think cannabis causing psychosis is a far cry from true. Temporary issues maybe for people who already have mental illness but even with that , nothing that wouldnt subside in a few hours after the effects wore off

DragonBits

Lots of misinformation with this post .... It’s laughable LOL. So smoking after the baby is born can cause all of those issues ? ‍

Complicated fractures and injuries ? I would love to see your data to back up any of what you say. I’ll be patiently waiting

I was trying to make sense of the post.

It's poor writing.

I "assume" he meant if you are a mother with a new baby and high often, your baby will have developmental issues, and if you are old and high it makes you dizzy, you might fall down and break something.

Also, IMO, weird he posted some opinions without any questions or conclusions about what should be done.

Every drug has some downsides, I am against the government attempting to regulate common sense. If people are so stupid as to drive while they are high, then throw them in jail.

BTW, I am 67 and partial to solventless THCA which is 100% thc. I suppose I could qualify for a medical marijuana card, but I don't like paying the ~$700 it would cost.

JimGainz

I’ve used some recreational cannabis edibles and tinctures from time to time and found them very helpful for workout recovery, muscle pain, and also lessening the effects of Tinnitus.

I use a 1:1 ratio (equal parts CBD / THC) a few nights per week. No issues - and sometimes I’ll go a few weeks without taking any.

DragonBits

What I read today before seeing your post. :)

Ironic, isnt it?

Weed is not good for your heart, studies say

I don't put much stock in "short-term, observational and retrospective studies, which identify trends but do not prove cause and effect,". A "study" of other studies, or just a formal version of what we all do on this forum.

They did say cannabis should be removed from Schedule I status, IMO a stupid rule especially with states legalizing it. Maybe that is the basis for the article you posted.

Thomas Bradlly

Of course, in any case, there are some kind of restrictions.
You can argue for a long time about the benefits or harms of CBD. To be honest, I've been trying to understand this topic for a long time. I have studied a huge array of information. Starting from scientific articles and ending with conversations on forums. Whatever it is, everything points to the fact that there are more positive effects in this aspect. I know a lot of stories (which I read on the forums), and also from personal experience I will say that CBD oil really helps to fight pain, anxiety, and so on. I have been using CBD oil for a long time. There was a time when I tried to add this to the liquid of my vape. Now I have replaced this with a CBD flower. It may sound funny, but I decided to change something in my life. Maybe you should try it too. I can recommend you Organic CBD Nugs. So you will find everything that you need.

Last edited:

JA Battle

Weed is weed. It has effects. It is not harmful in general but can be. It can also be life saving or improving. I’d say treat it like drinking. There are no solid rules. doing it all day and it affecting your life or people around you life then it’s not good just as with alcohol use.

For some it keeps them from doing worse so in that case it is good. The broken usually find a crutch and weed is a valid option for some people to cope with life or unwind at night and obviously more desirable than opiates or even alcohol.

In the healthy, there will be rarely a need or desire to continue cannabis if tried. The overwhelming majority of people that try cannabis do not make a habit of it.

In order of hardest to easiest to quit for me:

nicotine,
Caffeine, (number two yet most side effects)
Alcohol
Cannabis

I’m currently on none of these natural chemicals. these things exist as a tool for humans to modulate our metabolisms with using our intuition. For the broken the tail can wag the dog.

The point is caffeine nicotine alcohol and cannabis are all in the same discussion.
They all are naturally occurring metabolically relevant and all have good and bad effects that may fit into someone’s health puzzle for better or for worse.

The best rule is like any drug: moderation and to find the sustainable lowest effective dose.

And seek answers as to what underlying issues give certain proclivity to a lack of balance concerning use of any or all of these chemicals. (Low or imbalanced hormones are a likely reason)

The other larger point is, three out of 4 are completely legal for adult use. Cannabis is no different, it will catch up. Deservingly so

Mike93082

I hear a lot of people saying marijuana is harmless. No, it is not harmless. And yes, it is addicting.

I have known multiple people over the years that get into the habit of smoking. You can clearly see their mental decline over the years.

Marijuana destroyed my brothers marriage. He had a good but stressful job. He got into smoking. It got worse and worse over the years. He always stunk of the stuff and developed a bad, chronic cough. His wife did not smoke and hated the stuff. He was confronted on the job when he come back from lunch stoned. He wasn't fired but was told to get some help or he would be let go. This was a job of 16 years.

Him and his wife got into a huge fight over it. She gave him a decision. He had to choose between marijuana or her and the kids. He promised to quit. Roughly six months later his job suspected that he was still using. He tested positive and was fired the next morning.

His wife wasn't kidding either. She packed and left that night. She filed for divorce within a month. The idiot still uses and refuses treatment. Family court did not go well as he tested positive.

He now works a chit job that doesn't drug test and he doesn't see his kid often. What little money he has is smoked away.

The point of this story is that marijuana is not a cure for anything. People smoke it to get high. It has more negative effects than positive. It is addicting. Maybe not the same as other hard drugs. But people who smoke usually say they are never giving it up.

JA Battle

I hear a lot of people saying marijuana is harmless. No, it is not harmless. And yes, it is addicting.

I have known multiple people over the years that get into the habit of smoking. You can clearly see their mental decline over the years.

Marijuana destroyed my brothers marriage. He had a good but stressful job. He got into smoking. It got worse and worse over the years. He always stunk of the stuff and developed a bad, chronic cough. His wife did not smoke and hated the stuff. He was confronted on the job when he come back from lunch stoned. He wasn't fired but was told to get some help or he would be let go. This was a job of 16 years.

Him and his wife got into a huge fight over it. She gave him a decision. He had to choose between marijuana or her and the kids. He promised to quit. Roughly six months later his job suspected that he was still using. He tested positive and was fired the next morning.

His wife wasn't kidding either. She packed and left that night. She filed for divorce within a month. The idiot still uses and refuses treatment. Family court did not go well as he tested positive.

He now works a chit job that doesn't drug test and he doesn't see his kid often. What little money he has is smoked away.

The point of this story is that marijuana is not a cure for anything. People smoke it to get high. It has more negative effects than positive. It is addicting. Maybe not the same as other hard drugs. But people who smoke usually say they are never giving it up.

I’d have to respectfully disagree. I cannot judge the situation of your family member as that is not my place. However, saying that it is not metabolically useful for certain individuals is scientifically not accurate.

Also most of the woes you describe in this story is not caused by cannabis, but rather seems to be a direct response of those around the individual that did not approve of cannabis. Which is a different matter all together.

Shame on them for doing your brother like that. I smoked cannabis for a decade and have done quite well (since 16). I also quit several times periodically as I’ve experimented with different combinations of chemicals to bring out the most of my productivity/mood. and also only currently smoke a handful of times a year for the past 2 years. I’m performing exceptionally as a father and a business man my entire adult life. I’m a so so husband haha.

also, it perhaps was something they turned to because of inner turmoil they could not handle. They were not maybe as all together as you thought. And they get through life with cannabis. Shame on those that half wittingly judge others.

Mike93082

I’d have to respectfully disagree. I cannot judge the situation of your family member as that is not my place. However, saying that it is not metabolically useful for certain individuals is scientifically not accurate.

Also most of the woes you describe in this story is not caused by cannabis, but rather seems to be a direct response of those around the individual that did not approve of cannabis. Which is a different matter all together.

Shame on them for doing your brother like that. I smoked cannabis for a decade and have done quite well (since 16). I also quit several times periodically as I’ve experimented with different combinations of chemicals to bring out the most of my productivity/mood. and also only currently smoke a handful of times a year for the past 2 years. I’m performing exceptionally as a father and a business man my entire adult life. I’m a so so husband haha.

also, it perhaps was something they turned to because of inner turmoil they could not handle. They were not maybe as all together as you thought. And they get through life with cannabis. Shame on those that half wittingly judge others.
These are words of a typical addict trying to downplay their problem.

When you choose marijuana over your established career, wife, and kid. There is no arguing that you have a drug problem.

As far as the medical argument. The stuff doesn't treat or cure anything. If you took away the part that makes you high, no one would use it. Almost all of these medical marijuana shops are just dealers going the legal way. It's funny how they promote it as a treatment for everything under the sun.

Very hard to find any reputable doctor that says marijuana treats anything.

JA Battle

I’m not currently smoking weed I said. Not at least with any regularity. So to call me an addict is incorrect. You don’t even know me.

That’s all incorrect. Lots of reputable doctors also overlook the importance of hormone replacement therapy did you know? You are in the dark ages to give all the merit to the practicing doctors whereas many research doctors and groups are a decade or two ahead of most practitioners in many fields of medical science.

Possibly the reason he had a “cannabis problem” is that he was self medicating for likes of other metabolic dysfunction he had. The body is intuitive. He very well may have had bad anxiety and or some other issue stemming from abnormal neurotransmission or a deficiency in some neurosteroid that cannabis alleviated. Once again, Most people that try cannabis do not repeat! Only those that find it corrects some issue that they already had prior.

Also, I’m not saying it doesn’t hold the potential to be addictive. Im merely saying that it is no more so than caffeine nicotine or alcohol. If people were threatened to lose there marriage or job over quitting nicotine there would be far more divorces and people getting fired.
Habitual cannabis users have issues before they become recurring users. Other wise they would be in the majority of people that try it and never become addicted!

you don’t know half of the science. and your argument so far makes it clear.

cannabidiol is widely used. It is usually derived from hemp and the extracts that contain cannabidiol have many other terpines and cannabinoids. However, it is absent of any significant level of thc. It is as widely used in this country now than thc containing cannabis. There is no high associated with its use. I’m not sure why you don’t know this ?

Last edited:

Mike93082

I’m not currently smoking weed I said. Not at least with any regularity. So to call me an addict is incorrect. You don’t even know me.

That’s all incorrect. Lots of reputable doctors also overlook the importance of hormone replacement therapy did you know? You are in the dark ages to give all the merit to the practicing doctors whereas many research doctors and groups are a decade or two ahead of most practitioners in many fields of medical science.

Possibly the reason he had a “cannabis problem” is that he was self medicating for likes of other metabolic dysfunction he had. The body is intuitive. He very well may have had bad anxiety and or some other issue stemming from abnormal neurotransmission or a deficiency in some neurosteroid that cannabis alleviated. Once again, Most people that try cannabis do not repeat! Only those that find it corrects some issue that they already had prior.

Also, I’m not saying it doesn’t hold the potential to be addictive. Im merely saying that it is no more so than caffeine nicotine or alcohol. If people were threatened to lose there marriage or job over quitting nicotine there would be far more divorces and people getting fired.
Habitual cannabis users have issues before they become recurring users. Other wise they would be in the majority of people that try it and never become addicted!

you don’t know half of the science. and your argument so far makes it clear.

cannabidiol is widely used. It is usually derived from hemp and the extracts that contain cannabidiol have many other terpines and cannabinoids. However, it is absent of any significant level of thc. It is as widely used in this country now than thc containing cannabis. There is no high associated with its use. I’m not sure why you don’t know this ?
I am not going to get into a big debate over this. But if you have issues, there are legal medical treatments for most everything. And those treatments won't get you fired, divorced or thrown in jail.

Lot of people are fiercely defending marijuana for all the wonderful medical benefits. You even see people in the news who die from an easily treatable condition because they believe marijuana is the best treatment.

If you want to get high, then get high. But don't use the excuse of medical benefits to justify it.... I stand by what I say. It doesn't treat or cure anything. There is nothing credible out there to show any major benefits.

slicktop

It doesn't treat or cure anything. There is nothing credible out there to show any major benefits.
First, what you're saying is absolutely false. There's plenty of information out there that shows the exact opposite of what you're saying. I'll include a snip that represents the tip of the iceberg just to prove my point, but there's a ton of information showing the exact opposite of what you're saying. Second, there's no incentive to promote the benefits of a cheap, easy to produce, easy to distribute drug so it's been actively suppressed by pharmaceutical companies for decades. If only it could be patented, licensed, and sold in a pill at a high markup- THEN you would have all been convinced by a cute little TV commercial with a cartoon smiley face and a family eating ice cream on a sunny hillside.

"In particular, marijuana appears to ease the pain of multiple sclerosis, and nerve pain in general. This is an area where few other options exist, and those that do, such as Neurontin, Lyrica, or opiates are highly sedating. Patients claim that marijuana allows them to resume their previous activities without feeling completely out of it and disengaged.

Along these lines, marijuana is said to be a fantastic muscle relaxant, and people swear by its ability to lessen tremors in Parkinson’s disease. I have also heard of its use quite successfully for fibromyalgia, endometriosis, interstitial cystitis, and most other conditions where the final common pathway is chronic pain.

Marijuana is also used to manage nausea and weight loss and can be used to treat glaucoma. A highly promising area of research is its use for PTSD in veterans who are returning from combat zones. Many veterans and their therapists report drastic improvement and clamor for more studies, and for a loosening of governmental restrictions on its study. Medical marijuana is also reported to help patients suffering from pain and wasting syndrome associated with HIV, as well as irritable bowel syndrome and Crohn’s disease."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com