Anyone take dhea before bed for better sleep?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Stanfoo

Wondering if this sleep benefit is only beneficial for those deficient/low on it.

Anyone with normal dhea levels still see better sleep from taking dhea?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Guided_by_Voices

Carl Lanore of SuperHumanRadio believes that DHEA opposes Melatonin which would likely cause sleep issues. I could not confirm this based on a quick search but he is usually very reliable. I used to take mine right before bed and had some sleep issues. I have since switched to taking it early evening or late afternoon and my sleep seems to have improved quite a bit.

Rock H. Johnson

I can only take DHEA first thing in the morning and only max 15mg otherwise I will not sleep in the evening.
I sleep good in general so did not notice any changes from taking DHEA/Pregnenolone.
I have read that DHEA opposes Cortisol which is the hormone which wakes you up.

Wondering if this sleep benefit is only beneficial for those deficient/low on it.

Anyone with normal dhea levels still see better sleep from taking dhea?
I see good results with 25mg before bed. DHEA can decrease due to stress causing difficulty staying asleep, decreased dreams and sweating the small stuff during the day. Most people take it before bed however if you feel like it keeps you awake (about 10% of people) then take it in the morning.

Carl Lanore of SuperHumanRadio believes that DHEA opposes Melatonin which would likely cause sleep issues. I could not confirm this based on a quick search but he is usually very reliable. I used to take mine right before bed and had some sleep issues. I have since switched to taking it early evening or late afternoon and my sleep seems to have improved quite a bit.

I love Superhuman Radio and agree that he is often right. My wife takes low dose DHEA and the results for her have been amazing. She’s 64 and very active and fit. She has put on some lean muscle and her sex drive has noticeably improved, exactly as the stated on Carl’s podcast.

DorianGray

I've taken up to 50mg Dhea, couldn't detect any effect on sleep. What works for me is Melatonin, L-theanine, GABA (3 separate supplements in capsule form) about 1/2 hour before bed.

Vince

Super Moderator
I do supplement with 25 mg of DHEA before bed. Does it help me sleep, I really don't know. But it keeps my levels in a good place.

JC

I tried 12.5 and 25mg DHEA in the evening for awhile with no noticable benefit on sleep or other. But, I now take 25mg of micronized DHEA in the morning.
I sometimes now get spontaneous erections and absolutely feel more horny later that morning compared to when I miss my morning dose. The only negative I am happy to tolerate is a bit more hair growing on my back.

Bennytrt

This is my sleep stack that I take 30 mins before bed:

12.5 mg of DHEA micronized slow release (Nuticology 25 mg I cut the tablet in half) I buy it from amazon. I get several erections every freaking night taking this. I haven't tried taking 12.5 mg in the morning because I am waiting to do new blood work to see where my range is for dhea-sulfate.

400 to 500 mg of L-theanine suntheanine (this form is better than the regular L-theanine since it's a lot easier to absorb) I buy it from amazon (Enzymatic Therapy L-theanine suntheanine 100mg potency, 180 caps) I definitely reach REM with these at least 5 days out the week. Without these I get mild anxiety at night and don't get a good night sleep.

3 zma pills (Now sports or Optimum nutrition) whichever is in stock but I prefer the Now sports since it has better enhanced absorption of Zinc. (Amazon)

1.25 grams of Melatonin (CVS brand 5mg) I cut the tablet into 4 pieces (CVS pharmacy)

JimGainz

I do supplement with 25 mg of DHEA before bed. Does it help me sleep, I really don't know. But it keeps my levels in a good place.
Do you cycle it or stay on permanently? My natural levels are 150ish and 25 mg/ night puts me around 300. I have come off every now and then but always go back on because I feel the difference. I was concerned I was removing my body’s ability to produce naturally with supplementation but at this point - I look at it like other hormones - sub optimal is sub optimal so stay on permanently. Any thoughts on this?

Vince

Super Moderator
Do you cycle it or stay on permanently? My natural levels are 150ish and 25 mg/ night puts me around 300. I have come off every now and then but always go back on because I feel the difference. I was concerned I was removing my body’s ability to produce naturally with supplementation but at this point - I look at it like other hormones - sub optimal is sub optimal so stay on permanently. Any thoughts on this?
I do not cycle DHEA. Supplementing with it doesn’t hurt your ability to naturally produce. I take pregnenolone 10 mg and dhea 25 mg daily.
My levels are DHEA-Sulfate 365.6 Reference Range: 48.9-344.2 ug/dL (Age adjusted)

Gman86

I do not cycle DHEA. Supplementing with it doesn’t hurt your ability to naturally produce. I take pregnenolone 10 mg and dhea 25 mg daily.
My levels are DHEA-Sulfate 365.6 Reference Range: 48.9-344.2 ug/dL (Age adjusted)

What brand of pregnenolone are u taking? Do u take in am or pm? If am, do u take it first thing on an empty stomach? Is it immediate release? Notice any specific benefits from taking it? Thanks in advance

Vince

Super Moderator
What brand of pregnenolone are u taking? Do u take in am or pm? If am, do u take it first thing on an empty stomach? Is it immediate release? Notice any specific benefits from taking it? Thanks in advance
I use pure brand. Do I see any benefits? I don’t really know.
I take it before bed and not on an empty stomach. The same time I take my DHEA

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching