Anyone know of a good preventive cardiologist?

Buy Lab Tests Online

mcs

I see that some in this group have mentioned using a preventive cardiologist (or functional med doc that specializes in lipidology/cardiology) which I need to add to my team. Location doesn't matter as long they do telemedicine. Would greatly appreciate any referrals!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DorianGray

mcs

I don’t know if she still is doing telemedicine, Tara Dall is excellent.
Thanks. Their site shows only nurse practitioner Pauline Harrie there. Emailed them to see if they do telemedicine (most clinics have that as an option now).

mcs

Not sure if they do telemedicine but I've been impressed with Dr. Joel Kahn (Dr. Joel Kahn: America's Healthy Heart Doc - Holistic Cardiologist, Plant-based Nutrition and Functional Medicine) and Dr. Mark Houston at the A4M meetings I've attended. Check them on Google/YouTube, etc.
Some comprehensive tests such as CAC are not cheap if you go the mile on cardiovascular analysis but we're talking about the thing that is keeping you alive every second. Best of luck.
Thanks. Yes, am familiar with Mark. I was at last year's A4M and wanted to attend his CV modules but wasn't able to. I think I've come across Dr. Kahn. Can't do the plant-based diet though. I have done just about all advanced CV testing that exists and for years, including CAC, CIMT, CCTA, tons of advanced lipid panels, just need someone smarter than me to make it more actionable than I have.
Starting to see minor calcification (Agatston score 9.04) in the LAD on the CAC, but had a 0 score 5 years earlier on the CCTA (give me a break, I'm 60!). They both have different scanner strengths and uses. The CCTA is a more comprehensive diagnostic but the scanner is only 64 slice compared to the CAC which is 256 slice (more precise). Refuse statins! Thyroid & hormone optimization, diet, stress management, targeted supplementation (like D3/K2) are the key epigenetic factors that always need fine tuning - especially thyroid in my case - which directly influences LDL-C, particle size and pattern, etc. And need to get the real baddies, Lp(a) and APOB down. Seeing insulin resistance creep up on me a little more despite strict LCHF diet (Have a set of SNPs for T2D) so need to watch that as major influence on vascular inflammation.

Last edited:

Golfboy307

Can you explain in more detail the connection between thyroid function and LDL particle size and pattern? I have not heard of that before.

mcs

Can you explain in more detail the connection between thyroid function and LDL particle size and pattern? I have not heard of that before.

TucsonJJ

I learned that from Dr William Davis. Good thyroid levels help with good LDL particles.
I read an interesting article about particle size... guy had done a lot of autopsies, found NO relationship with large amounts of small particle cholesterol on heart disease... MY own situation sort of backs that up... I had a very high small particle count last time tested, 3 years or so ago... but had a calcium score CT scan done and the result was ZERO.

ajax31

I would also encourage all of you who are interested in heart health and cardiovascular disease to subscribe to Ivor Cummins' channel.

Vince

Super Moderator
I read an interesting article about particle size... guy had done a lot of autopsies, found NO relationship with large amounts of small particle cholesterol on heart disease... MY own situation sort of backs that up... I had a very high small particle count last time tested, 3 years or so ago... but had a calcium score CT scan done and the result was ZERO.

Golfboy307

Great discussion. Thanks for all of the info! My LDL- P trends between 800-1200. Not great, but not that bad. All of my other advanced lipid markers are very good. But as some of these posts suggest, it might not be that big of a deal (no pun intended).

Jntsrgn

I see that some in this group have mentioned using a preventive cardiologist (or functional med doc that specializes in lipidology/cardiology) which I need to add to my team. Location doesn't matter as long they do telemedicine. Would greatly appreciate any referrals!
Jack Wolfson in Arizona. He is the best.

mcs

Jack Wolfson in Arizona. He is the best.
Looks like he offers telemedicine or at least phone consults. How did you hear of him? Have you consulted with him?

Jntsrgn

Looks like he offers telemedicine or at least phone consults. How did you hear of him? Have you consulted with him?
We were classmates in medical school. Very smart dude.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me