Anyone know of a good preventive cardiologist?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Blackhawk

I've been following some rabbit holes. Ivor Cummins on youtube interviews cardiologists and family practice docs who also have a niche in preventative cardiology. I've found two possibilities in my area. Could be worth scrolling through his vids for names to try to locate via web search for a doc near you.

mcs

I've been following some rabbit holes. Ivor Cummins on youtube interviews cardiologists and family practice docs who also have a niche in preventative cardiology. I've found two possibilities in my area. Could be worth scrolling through his vids for names to try to locate via web search for a doc near you.

In these days of increasing telemedicine being offered, location is irrelevant. Telemedicine has been gaining popularity over the last few years. One silver lining of the pandemic is that it has accelerated the rate and forced clinics and lawmakers to bend the rules and allow it or telephonic visits which should have been offered to begin with. Preventive Cardiology is so much of a niche that unless you're lucky, you won't find one in your area. All you will find are mainstream "sick-care" cardiologists which are a waste of time for anything other than for strokes, statins and stents. That's also why the fees are always higher with anything preventive. There's zero competition. In the years to come, I expect that to change. But for now, prevention is at a premium and cash pay only. It's unfortunate, but money does indeed buy better health (better quality foods, supplements, etc.).

Last edited:

Blackhawk

In these days of increasing telemedicine being offered, location is irrelevant. Telemedicine has been gaining popularity over the last few years. One silver lining of the pandemic is that it has accelerated the rate and forced clinics and lawmakers to bend the rules and allow it or telephonic visits which should have been offered to begin with. Preventive Cardiology is so much of a niche that unless you're lucky, you won't find one in your area. All you will find are mainstream "sick-care" cardiologists which are a waste of time for anything other than for strokes, statins and stents. That's also why the fees are always higher with anything preventive. There's zero competition. In the years to come, I expect that to change. But for now, prevention is at a premium and cash pay only. It's unfortunate, but money does indeed buy better health (better quality foods, supplements, etc.).

Hey @mcs, since your post is a response to mine, may I ask whether there is something in my post that set off this rant?

My intent was in no way to infer that seeking mediocre "sick care" locally is preferable to seeking care more broadly. In a sense you are preaching to the converted. Personally, after striking out locally for a hormone doc, I went with Dr Saya who is just about a couple thousand miles from here, and after striking out looking for the prostate care I needed I traveled by air to see a doc in houston, over 1000miles away... all paid for outside insurance out of my pocket.

However, if Dr Saya and my prostate doc were located in my city, that would sure be preferable. And likewise, if I can find suitable docs locally I will use them.

And regarding this thread, I find a number of good prospects for progressive preventative cardiology care via Ivor's video guests. Do you find fault with all of them? If so, why?

mcs

Hey @mcs, since your post is a response to mine, may I ask whether there is something in my post that set off this rant?

My intent was in no way to infer that seeking mediocre "sick care" locally is preferable to seeking care more broadly. In a sense you are preaching to the converted. Personally, after striking out locally for a hormone doc, I went with Dr Saya who is just about a couple thousand miles from here, and after striking out looking for the prostate care I needed I traveled by air to see a doc in houston, over 1000miles away... all paid for outside insurance out of my pocket.

However, if Dr Saya and my prostate doc were located in my city, that would sure be preferable. And likewise, if I can find suitable docs locally I will use them.

And regarding this thread, I find a number of good prospects for progressive preventative cardiology care via Ivor's video guests. Do you find fault with all of them? If so, why?
No offense taken at all and should've been a general post and not a response to yours; I was just digressing on one of my many frustration rants over mainstream medicine and realize we are all on the same team as you've stated. I appreciate your taking the time to point to another helpful source (Ivor's vids) to help us find these rare cardio docs.

I sorted through the videos and found about 30 docs. Lots to research now.

Last edited:

mcs

Jack Wolfson in Arizona. He is the best.
Reaching back out since you were the only one who knows Dr. W.

After doing some research, he definitely resonates with my beliefs and opinions on things like diet, etc., however, I am always skeptical of self-promoted "celebrity" docs with books, supplements, webinars and then there's all the press about his ant-vaxx crusade (which I have mixed feeling about).

The other and biggest issue for me: will I be able to find a better detective than myself in finding the root causes of my issues? Many of the things (i.e low-carb, all-organic paleo diet, targeted supplementation, sunlight, resistance training, etc.) I'm already doing.

Thus, I'm no newbie when it comes to functional/alternative medicine and health, I need what I would call advanced fine-tuning. I am still looking into a few different cardiologists and he is one.

Unless someone with similar issues as mine can give me some inside info on a practitioner, I am on my own, as the cost of time and expense seems like it will be the only real way to know if he or she is a good match for me.

Beside him being smart, any further tidbits would would be greatly appreciated.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me