Anyone Have a Pituitary Tumor?

Buy Lab Tests Online

jth0524

I'm 36 with a 5mm pit tumor. I've had every test in the book for the past 2 years. The 2 constants are low T in the 240-280 range and high IGF-1 in the 250-350 range. I passed the growth hormone suppression test so my endo says I likely don't have acromegaly. I've been waiting to start testosterone therapy because I've been waiting on all the tests thinking I might have to have the tumor removed. I deal with depression and anxiety. I also have a decreased sex drive but no ED problems. Anyone on here that can relate?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DaveK22

Have you discussed with your Doc Clomid Monotherapy? It's not perfect (mainly due to the zuclomiphene isomer) but may be something to try before committing to TRT for the rest of your life. But not sure if a pit tumor would rule out it's use or not.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Most adenomas do not require surgery unless you have headaches and/or visual disturbances. Hormone treatment is a common solution (bringing hormones up or down depending on the type of adenomas). Here are the different types.

If your physician ruled out all other adenoma types and diagnosed a GH secreting one, then TRT is an option for you to normalize your low T value. Do you have LH, FSH, prolactin, TSH and estradiol values to share with us? If not, I would get them before starting TRT.

pituitary tumors.gif

pituitary tumors 2.jpg
adenoma diagnosis flowchart.gif

jth0524

Nelson,
LH: 2.54
FSH: 1.54
TSH: 1.9
Prolactin has always been normal I don't remember the exact number
I remember estradiol being tested once and it was on the low end of normal

I have a 7mm pituitary tumor that is nonfunctional. All of my pituitary hormones (ACTH, LH, FSH, etc.) are consistently at the bottom of the lab ranges which, considering my age of 30, is not ideal. Interestingly, I had a very successful low dosage clomid run, which pushed my LH & FSH so high we could never get my E2 under control, so I moved to TRT and have been very happy since that move. We are using HCG as well to preserve my fertility, and I went ahead and froze sperm for a worst case scenario.

When they first discovered the tumor, my first inclination was "get the damn thing out of there". Luckily, I had a solid neurosurgeon take a look and he refused to operate on it, saying he would cause way more damage to the intact pituitary trying to pull it out, which would make my issues much worse. He recommended I choose HRT instead, so I am on TRT, thyroid meds, and I keep a close eye on my cortisol as it tends to run low due to ACTH being so low.

I've struggled with anxiety and depression all of my life as well. A successful TRT protocol has eradicated my depression completely, and given me some solid progress on the anxiety side, but still working on that front.

Make sure you are with a solid TRT practioner as that is key. I use Defy and am quite happy with those guys. Many around here will agree. Good luck and let me know if you have any specific questions.

jth0524

GeauxBears, what was your total testosterone before starting trt? Also, how long have you been on it and what is your current protocol? Thanks

I had a hard time getting anyone to take me seriously because my levels averaged about 280, but once I saw a spike to low 400s. The lowest level I had was 150, and it was at that point my GP ordered a contrast MRI which discovered the tumor. Honestly to this day we are not sure whether the tumor is the cause of all of this, because clomid 12.5 BIW had my T at 800-1000 with extremely high LH/FSH (like, in the high teens, low 20s).

Today, I am on 100mg T BIW (so 200mg total per week) with 500ius HCG BIW. I take 0.125 AI EOD. In my next appointment, I am going to see if we can experiment with lowering the dose a bit and going to daily injections to smooth out some of the highs and lows and also see if we can get off the AI entirely.

I've been on TRT for 3 months now.

AT1723

jth0524 -
Have you determined why your IGF-1 was elevated? I am in a similar situation... My last blood work

35 year old man
8mm adenoma
total test = 193
IGF-1 = 340

I have no symptoms of acromegaly. GH was low - but my doctor only prescribed a random GH blood test, I am looking for a local lab that can perform an glucose tolerance test to rule out Acromegaly. Still trying to determine why IGF-1 is elevated. I eat keto, lift weights 6 days a week, no alchohol for 3 years, non processed foods, very clean lifestyle. still stumped. doctors will not prescribe TRT. getting very frusterated. I am about to go to Defy or just source it myself (which I dont want to do incase I need support drugs to deal with elevated E2 or something similar).

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me