Anyone had bad experiences with LabCorp?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Anonymon

My doc usually uses Quest and I get my own tests through Quest and DiscountLabs, but my doc recently tried LabCorp because he said they gave him a better deal on a wider variety of tests.

Half my results aren’t there and say things like ‘unable to calculate result since non-numeric result obtained for component test’, or ‘unable to collect sufficient specimen’. With the remaining results, a bunch of them also just don’t seem at all accurate, like my Total T going from 1000-1400ish on daily 24mg test-c doses to 460 (!) with the same free T of 30.5 and same regime there as when I’d tested in the past at Quest many times. I don’t currently have access to the type of tests they ran other than the category like Total T and Free T to compare to Quest, where we always get the best tests.

It’s clear they just screwed up a lot of them but does this happen often to people? And can I even trust the results that are there in light of that since so many seem ridiculous? Same test dose and regimen, same everything really, and same SHBG and free T, but Total T’s 460 down from the low thousands? That seems like bull.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

captain

Never had a problem with Labcorp test but the billing side has its problems. Quest back when I started TRT was joke. I recall back then Quest was to be avoided. I don't know about today I haven't had any labs from Quest for probably 10 years.

RickB

I've used them about a dozen times with requisitions from Marek. I haven't had any unreadable tests or anything like that. And the turnaround time is fantastic. The results are usually in my LabCorp online account the day after testing.

As far as the accuracy, they are in line from what I get from labs at my doctor. However, I believe LabCorp picks up the specimens from them. If so, that would be expected.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Doesn't Discount labs use quest now? @Nelson Vergel would not be using Quest if he thought it was not accurate.
Yes, we use Quest and have done so for two years after using LabCorp for 4. I find their reports more patient friendly with color graphs. They offer all the sensitive LC/MS hormone tests that LabCorp does. LabCorp has more locations but Quest is expanding fast. Their turn-around time for LC/MS tests is about the same since both send those samples to specific specialized labs.

Anonymon

Seems like it was a one off fluke with me then and not necessarily representative of LabCorp. Should I trust the results that are there on the lab tests then, like the total testosterone and free testosterone?

Grendl

I've used both Quest and LabCorp for self-ordered labs in the last few years. Quest seemed to be consistently slightly less expensive. However, about a year ago I decided to just use LabCorp where it was an option b/c the majority of my docs were using it, I find the patient portal to be pretty useful, and it will pull up 'old' labs and add them to your portal.

> ...half my results aren't there...

I had one set of labs last year where the "Free Test" lab came back as 'no result, could not reproduce using this sample'. Total test was fine, and everything else I tested was as expected, so I assumed it was a lab error of some kind.

If you're seriously missing a bunch of data I'd ask them to rerun at least the missing labs -- at no cost.

Jed Dorsey

My doctors have used both in the past and both are equally as accurate no problem there. What I don’t like about Quest is when you order a huge lab panel they can be very slow to get you results on certain labs so what they do is give you your results a little at a time rather than all labs together. Not a big deal but just seems inconvenient when you can get all your labs together in one report from LabCorp

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
When I used to use LabCorp people hated that they did not release results until all of them were in. Some hormone tests based on LC/MS can take up to 5-7 business days while a CBC, CMP, lipids and A1c can take a day. I think releasing "partial" results is what most people want when ordering bundles that contain basic tests plus LC/MS hormones. But I get how some people may rather just get one report even if it takes longer.

Jed Dorsey

Everyone has their opinion I for one can wait for all test results to be turned over to me on one report but I can certainly understand that perhaps others don’t. Nelson I have a gut feeling it’s why you decided to make the switch…much respects

Anonymon

From LabCorp I was given a series of result sheets, the first time most of them basically saying ‘pending’, and then on the final one half or more of the results just said they couldn’t calculate or do them right. Doc is in contact with them now about it. It’s his first outing with them and at least in my case not going well.

U

Unlockable

When I used to use LabCorp people hated that they did not release results until all of them were in. Some hormone tests based on LC/MS can take up to 5-7 business days while a CBC, CMP, lipids and A1c can take a day. I think releasing "partial" results is what most people want when ordering bundles that contain basic tests plus LC/MS hormones. But I get how some people may rather just get one report even if it takes longer.
I get bloodwork through Defy and Marek and always just call them to ask for the partial results and they send them over

U

Unlockable

Labcorp has sucked lately. I went in with Requisition forms from both LabCorp and Marek and Defy at the same time (I almost always carry in multiple requisition forms in there) they just flat out didn't do the blood work that was on the Defy panel, Defy called them and told them they would use the existing blood samples to go ahead and get the three tests done that I ordered through Defy.

I didn't hear anything for a while, I called Defy, they call LabCorp and LabCorp said they didn't end up doing it. A month and a half later I get results through Marek, not Defy that I ordered it through, and it's one out of 3 of the test results, and abnormally high as I tested again a few weeks later after they told me they didn't get it.

They suck.

MIP1950

My Medicare Advantage plan used to only contract with LabCorp. Never had any problems. Used them through Discounted Labs. No problems. LabCorp is larger than Quest and if they're having problems properly processing specimens, doctors will be switching to or back to, Quest.

U

Unlockable

I use them because that's all I have used for years, and for comparison purposes it's smart. However they are having a bunch of issues, Defy said they are having A LOT of problems with them right now

MIP1950

I use them because that's all I have used for years, and for comparison purposes it's smart. However they are having a bunch of issues, Defy said they are having A LOT of problems with them right now
Maybe they've become too big to handle the volume of specimens they're receiving, which includes COVID tests. Quest has Nichols Lab in California to run hormone assays, along with other specific/special tests and I believe the lab in Chantilly, Virginia, outside of DC, also has a specialty lab unit. Don't know if LabCorp is structured in a similar way.

U

Unlockable

Maybe they've become too big to handle the volume of specimens they're receiving, which includes COVID tests. Quest has Nichols Lab in California to run hormone assays, along with other specific/special tests and I believe the lab in Chantilly, Virginia, outside of DC, also has a specialty lab unit. Don't know if LabCorp is structured in a similar way.
It's an employee problem like the rest of the US most likely.

MIP1950

Oh and they do use different labs in certain areas for certain tests as well.
Thanks. I was actually considering switching to LabCorp since they're still on my insurance lab list because the Quest I go to near Cape Canaveral is always jammed and even with an appointment I still have to wait at least an hour. I used to walk in to LabCorp late in the morning without an appointment and had to wait no more than 20 minutes.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me