Anyone alternate IM and SQ for test shots?

Buy Lab Tests Online

JMP

I am starting Testosterone therapy with Defy next week. Was given the option of IM or SQ. Protocal is M/W/F, T cyp and HCG. Was wondering if alternating the cyp IM and SQ each time for variety would work as well as sticking with just one? Does anyone do this? If so, any problems?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I really like using the Easy Touch 27 gauge half inch. It makes for a nice shallow IM. I think the easiest place to inject is in the shoulders.

JMP

johnt, 30g 1/2in SQ for HCG and 25g 5/8 IM for test cyp, but doc said that I could inject the test SQ if I prefer

madman

Super Moderator
Alternating between IM vs sub-q should make no difference in absorption of the testosterone. Choose what suites you best and provides the most comfort and ease of injection sites.

JMP

Thanks madman, I didn't think it would matter much but see that most people stick with one or the other. I feel like as long as I consistently go back and forth every other injection, things should be stable. Although since I haven't even started, who knows how I'll feel once I start trying different locations. Might end up on the Vince 27g 1/2in shoulder routine if that feels best. But with 6 injections a week (3hcg/3test) alternating makes more sense to me right now.

CoastWatcher

Two years of daily injections on my part means I inject typically Ina shallow IM basis. But I have used SubQ methods as I rotate about my body. Madman is right - it should make no difference.

stevep

Thanks madman, I didn't think it would matter much but see that most people stick with one or the other. I feel like as long as I consistently go back and forth every other injection, things should be stable. Although since I haven't even started, who knows how I'll feel once I start trying different locations. Might end up on the Vince 27g 1/2in shoulder routine if that feels best. But with 6 injections a week (3hcg/3test) alternating makes more sense to me right now.

Have you considered combining the HCG/Test in one injection? Cuts your sticks by half. A lot of people do this.

Aspirating is used in IV injections, this is an an IV injection and no aspiration is needed. Nicking a capillary and having a little blood dribble out is not unusual and I'm sure no one had blood "squirting" out like an artery.

IM and subq have only one difference and that's the needle size being used, there's no other voodoo at play with either, and rotating injection sites is a little blown out of proportion.

Vince

Super Moderator
Surprised considering if I recall you mentioned in one post of blood squirting out once when you injected in your shoulder.
Yes that was me, once while injecting in my shoulder, blood squirted out. I was injecting in front of my bathroom mirror and blood squirted out, nicked an artery. It did make somewhat of a mess, I just cleaned up the blood and went on my way. It didn't continue blooding and no need for a bandage.

johnt

@Vince Carter My very first injection into my quad I aspirated and there was blood in syringe. Nurse confirmed I injected in the proper area. She said her daughter is going to nursing school and she teaches her daughter to aspirate even though nursing school said not necessary since it is unlikely you will hit vein/artery. She was going home that night to tell her daughter my story as example why aspirating is important.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me