Anybody Else a Thyroid Med Non-Responder?

Buy Lab Tests Online

apsjiml

Last test my am cortisol was 11.6. Range 4.0-22.0
And atch plasma was 24 range 6-50.

I’ve had a few readings for am cort over 15. One was even 19. But most of time I’m from 11-13. Except on trt I’ve tested as low as 6.

So, based on studies and what I see anytime a acth serum is 35 or so and below along with a lower am cortisol (15 or below) that can usually mean Secondary Adrenal Insuficiency. For that you need a Insulin tolerance test or metyrapone stim. ActH stim test is the wrong test for that. you had a saliva test I below which was also low. My brothers acth serum was 36 -( it should be in the am in the upper 1/3 of the range as you know. where most healthy peoples level is. his am cortisol was similiar to yours he failed the ITT stim test. for cortisol and growth hormone as well as me.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

apsjiml

I’ve had a few readings for am cort over 15. One was even 19. But most of time I’m from 11-13. Except on trt I’ve tested as low as 6.

By the way testosterone increases deiodinase activity, (conversion from t4 to the active thyroid hormone t3) so it would not surprise me am cortisol was lower on testosterone, thyroid increases the metabolic clearance of cortisol , so if thyroid is a little higher or lower it may change am cortisol a little. But the fact remains you do not have a great signal coming from the pituitary (acth) to tell your adrenal glands to produce cortisol.

Last edited:

Charliebizz

By the way testosterone increases deiodinase activity, (conversion from t4 to the active thyroid hormone t3) so it would not surprise me am cortisol was lower on testosterone, thyroid increases the metabolic clearance of cortisol , so if thyroid is a little higher or lower it may change am cortisol a little. But the fact remains you do not have a great signal coming from the pituitary (acth) to tell your adrenal glands to produce cortisol.
whats crazy is if I take low dose ssri with trt then my cortisol comes back much better. I had a.m reading come back at 17. But I also didn’t feel much benefit from trt and a few negatives. I also have low shbg.
When I tried cortisol I believe one time I was on brand name cortef. I also had side effects on hc so I do believe what ever brand I was on was working. Just not in a positive manner. I felt like I was on a rollercoaster. But the highs were only as good as when I was on nothing and lows were bad.

apsjiml

whats crazy is if I take low dose ssri with trt then my cortisol comes back much better. I had a.m reading come back at 17. But I also didn’t feel much benefit from trt and a few negatives. I also have low shbg.
When I tried cortisol I believe one time I was on brand name cortef. I also had side effects on hc so I do believe what ever brand I was on was working. Just not in a positive manner. I felt like I was on a rollercoaster. But the highs were only as good as when I was on nothing and lows were bad.

So ssris will lower thyroid levels and which in turn will increase the half life of cortisol that is why your cortisol level was Better. I asked you a question about how you tested your thyroid how many hours was your last dosage of thyroid meds before the thyroid was tested ? One cannot just take hc either espeically woth low thyroid or elevated reverse t3 you will feel worse. if these things are done correctly a person will just feel terrible. hc is not once a day or anything because the half life is 2 hrs. You really need propper testing to find out what the issue is such as insulin tolerance test or metyrapone stim test. Do you havr hashimotos antibodies ? are you secondary hypogonadism ?

wondering

So ssris will lower thyroid levels and which in turn will increase the half life of cortisol that is why your cortisol level was Better. I asked you a question about how you tested your thyroid how many hours was your last dosage of thyroid meds before the thyroid was tested ? One cannot just take hc either espeically woth low thyroid or elevated reverse t3 you will feel worse. if these things are done correctly a person will just feel terrible. hc is not once a day or anything because the half life is 2 hrs. You really need propper testing to find out what the issue is such as insulin tolerance test or metyrapone stim test. Do you havr hashimotos antibodies ? are you secondary hypogonadism ?

Or the ssri reduced stress levels giving his HPA a chance to recover. Cortisol is highly variable. Getting cut off in the parking lot on way to blood draw can affect it. It is moment to moment.

Charliebizz

The thyroid numbers I posted were natural. I only too t3 mess for a two month period about 5 years ago cause I had high rt3. Now my rt3 comes back about mid range. When I took hc a few years ago I dosed 4x a day. I do not have Hashimotos. And I am secondary Hypogonadal. I’ve taken clomid in the past and it has raised my total t and lh and fsh. I’m also still very Fertile with no help. I have a 22 month old and a 10 day old. No help from meds with low t.

apsjiml

Or the ssri reduced stress levels giving his HPA a chance to recover. Cortisol is highly variable. Getting cut off in the parking lot on way to blood draw can affect it. It is moment to moment.

acth serum levels do not and as you should know anyone with secondary hypogonadism should have a full pituitary workup. a acth serum in the low 20s and a am cortisol below 15 should have probacative testinf according to the cleveland clinic. Most people that I know have sai or sometimes something else like cyclical cushings with levels like that. ssri cause hypothalamic damage they actually do lower thyroid levels if you look it up. If we are going to start out a conversation at this sort of level I wont comment again. I dont have that kind of time.

apsjiml

The thyroid numbers I posted were natural. I only too t3 mess for a two month period about 5 years ago cause I had high rt3. Now my rt3 comes back about mid range. When I took hc a few years ago I dosed 4x a day. I do not have Hashimotos. And I am secondary Hypogonadal. I’ve taken clomid in the past and it has raised my total t and lh and fsh. I’m also still very Fertile with no help. I have a 22 month old and a 10 day old. No help from meds with low t.
I think if it were me I would get more of a workup and maybe a mri to see why my testosterone is low 24 hr urine cortisol maybe or other provacative testing igf 1 would be another one sorry your having trouble

apsjiml

I am sorry i am so confused on who I was talking to ero first and then yours. I will have to get on a reg computer cell phone is too small

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me