Any TAVR recipients in the crowd?

Buy Lab Tests Online

USMC

TAVR - transcatheter aortic valve replacement. Just curious if anyone here has been through the procedure..

I had a bicuspid aortic valve (born with it) replaced with a tissue valve 16 years ago. Everyone is surprised I got that long out of it. But, it has caught up to me and I'm do for a redo due to severe regurgitation (degenerative leaflet). They found it on a routine ECHO as I have no symptoms. TAVR is one of my options

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
TAVR - transcatheter aortic valve replacement. Just curious if anyone here has been through the procedure..

I had a bicuspid aortic valve (born with it) replaced with a tissue valve 16 years ago. Everyone is surprised I got that long out of it. But, it has caught up to me and I'm do for a redo due to severe regurgitation (degenerative leaflet). They found it on a routine ECHO as I have no symptoms. TAVR is one of my options
Check out Adam Pick website. I know a few men that had that procedure done for a redo aortic valve. They were doing good after a few days. Mick Jagger also had the same procedure done. His was not a redo.

Just wondering what age did you have the first heart valve replaced.

USMC

Check out Adam Pick website. I know a few men that had that procedure done for a redo aortic valve. They were doing good after a few days. Mick Jagger also had the same procedure done. His was not a redo.

Just wondering what age did you have the first heart valve replaced.

Hi Vince, I was 42 at my 1st procedure. Some would ask why I didn't go with a mechanical valve... I had NO interest in lifelong anticoagulation so I made the decision I made knowing full well I'd have to do it again...and here we are! I've read a lot about Adam Pick and seen numerous videos of his interviews with surgeons. He's a great man and an asset to those going through this.

I'm sitting down this Wednesday with the cardiothoracic surgeon and the interventional cardiologist to figure out what my best way forward is. They do a "team" approach with other cardiologists... I'm pretty sure they are leaning towards the TAVR procedure.

Vince

Super Moderator
Hi Vince, I was 42 at my 1st procedure. Some would ask why I didn't go with a mechanical valve... I had NO interest in lifelong anticoagulation so I made the decision I made knowing full well I'd have to do it again...and here we are! I've read a lot about Adam Pick and seen numerous videos of his interviews with surgeons. He's a great man and an asset to those going through this.

I'm sitting down this Wednesday with the cardiothoracic surgeon and the interventional cardiologist to figure out what my best way forward is. They do a "team" approach with other cardiologists... I'm pretty sure they are leaning towards the TAVR procedure.
I can't imagine having to live with warfarin. Even a simple tooth procedure becomes a major procedure. I agree with your decision to go with a tissue valve.

USMC

Thanks, I would appreciate that.
TAVR completed on Thursday! WOW, what a difference already! I can breath deeper, I have more energy, and generally feel a lot better. I can't wait to exercise and really feel the difference. I have to take it easy for a week due to the femoral artery incision... then we'll put it to the test :) The worst part of the procedure was having to lay flat and not move for 6 hours afterward!

Vince

Super Moderator
TAVR completed on Thursday! WOW, what a difference already! I can breath deeper, I have more energy, and generally feel a lot better. I can't wait to exercise and really feel the difference. I have to take it easy for a week due to the femoral artery incision... then we'll put it to the test :) The worst part of the procedure was having to lay flat and not move for 6 hours afterward!
Congratulations. Did they have to keep pressure on the insert artery, is that why you had to stay flat for 6 hours?

Were you awake doing a procedure or in Twilight state?

I really happy you're doing so good. Again, congratulations!

USMC

Congratulations. Did they have to keep pressure on the insert artery, is that why you had to stay flat for 6 hours?

No, they use a Vascade Vascular Closure System - I wouldn't have known, but they gave me a pamphlet. You can read about it here: Vascular Closure | Haemonetics® Hospital Solutions
I didn't have general anesthesia, but I was far from awake. The DR put the stuff in the IV and told me it takes about 10 minutes to "kick in.." More like seconds because I woke up in recovery and it seemed like seconds later. I think the procedure was a little over an hour

Thanks.. I can't wait for full recovery!

USMC

So I had my first blood test and ECHO in reference to the TAVR. No ECHO results yet, but my BNP levels went from over 1000 down to 65. I'm pretty sure that's great news! I'll update again when I get my ECHO results.

Vince

Super Moderator
So I had my first blood test and ECHO in reference to the TAVR. No ECHO results yet, but my BNP levels went from over 1000 down to 65. I'm pretty sure that's great news! I'll update again when I get my ECHO results.
Sounds like it, greater than 100 pg/mL is abnormal.
I believe the first echo may show some leakage around the valve. But should disappear after a year.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me