Anxiety- monoamine oxidase?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Cynice49

Anyone know or understand anything about how this pertains to TRT anxiety? I’ve seemed to have anxiety on TRt for really the entirety of the 6 years I’ve been on. I’m currently on a low 10mg SQ daily dose, and honestly the anxiety has been way worse. Random heart rate spikes in the afternoon, cold hands all the time, just really feel like I’m controlling a panic attack at all times. I have some more blood work coming up, but I’ve never tested DHEA, and pregnenolone. I’ve tried preg up to 100mg a day with some odd side effects (bloating, hand swelling, anxiety) progesterone cream (16mg daily put me at 2.3 on quest scale H)

Im honestly wondering if it’s caused more so from cortisol levels? Im a night shift RN and I switch to a day schedule on my off days, and I wonder if it’s got my cortisol all screwed up. Understanding the 11-HSD enzyme, I would figure if anything my cortisol would be L

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

t_spacemonkey

I'm an anxiety sufferer, going back years/decades prior to my T use. if anything T improved it. the first question is what other drugs are you taking. 70mg is a very low replacement dose. i heard stories guys getting bad reactions to some of the carrier oils. maybe you should try cream? (not sure but is probably expensive).
Overall I would think that T is not your issue. how old are you? night shift is definitely a recipe for disaster.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Im a night shift RN and I switch to a day schedule on my off days, and I wonder if it’s got my cortisol all screwed up.
How do you keep your circadian rhythm healthy enough?

Cynice49

I'm an anxiety sufferer, going back years/decades prior to my T use. if anything T improved it. the first question is what other drugs are you taking. 70mg is a very low replacement dose. i heard stories guys getting bad reactions to some of the carrier oils. maybe you should try cream? (not sure but is probably expensive).
Overall I would think that T is not your issue. how old are you? night shift is definitely a recipe for disaster.

I attempted the 70mg dose due to some forum posts having high success with daily dosing at that dose, but honestly not for me. SHBG 18 so thinking daily doses would be better, but for about 6 months this has not helped at all. I switched from T cyp cottonseed to t cyp grapeseed from empower last year and didn’t really experience a big difference

Cynice49

How do you keep your circadian rhythm healthy enough?

Haha, good question.

I’ve read through numerous articles regarding cortisol level and inflammation spikes between night shift and day shift workers (mostly in women or night shift security guards)

I’ve started ashwaghanda recently, in hopes for some extra control. Other than that , I work two nights in a row, stay awake on my third day and I wake up at around 7am the next four days then right back to night shift. With how slow it takes to receive normalcy in my circadian rhythm, I don’t think I could ever get back to normal without changing my shift, unless there’s some sort of extra supplemental help that I could use.

sammmy

Meh, I like to think that I don’t, but I probably def get a little more anxiety when I feel my heart rate spike

From your description, you seem to have problems with the autonomic nervous system (fast heart rate without anxious thoughts). Many conditions feel like psychological anxiety but are not.

Damage of autonomic nervous system is common after viral infection like COVID, less likely but still possible after a vaccine.

bixt

Other than that , I work two nights in a row, stay awake on my third day and I wake up at around 7am the next four days then right back to night shift. With how slow it takes to receive normalcy in my circadian rhythm, I don’t think I could ever get back to normal without changing my shift

This is going to kill you. It may or may not be the cause of your anxiety, but its not natural and very very detrimental to your health. Find another shift or change jobs, regardless of this being a cause of your anxiety.

Another potential cause of anxiety could be low E2, (from low dosing). You have not posted bloods, so this is not certain. But, for example in bodybuilders, EQ (boldenone) causes low E2 (by lowering aromatisation) and is notorious for causing anxiety. Get some trough bloods including sensitive E2, ft and DHT.

Cynice49

From your description, you seem to have problems with the autonomic nervous system (fast heart rate without anxious thoughts). Many conditions feel like psychological anxiety but are not.

Damage of autonomic nervous system is common after viral infection like COVID, less likely but still possible after a vaccine.
Any suggestions? Hate to say that dysautonomia is a false dx, or being a diagnosis of exclusion, but I’ve def done a little bit of research on what it is and my symptoms seem to be in line with hyperadrenergic dysautonomia? Idk could be anything honestly

Cynice49

This is going to kill you. It may or may not be the cause of your anxiety, but its not natural and very very detrimental to your health. Find another shift or change jobs, regardless of this being a cause of your anxiety.

Another potential cause of anxiety could be low E2, (from low dosing). You have not posted bloods, so this is not certain. But, for example in bodybuilders, EQ (boldenone) causes low E2 (by lowering aromatisation) and is notorious for causing anxiety. Get some trough bloods including sensitive E2, ft and DHT.

I def am looking to change, as I’m back in school for my grad degree, and it would be nice to know whether this is actually my problem

I actually ended up taking a higher dose (about 70mg subq) the day before this post and I felt a little better. Whether it’s placebo or not, I’m going back to a 50mg q3.5 day to see if it help. I’ll get some bloods up first week of March, my last bw was back in October on 16mg daily and they looked good. 21 FT; 23 E2; but you may be on to something about the estradiol, I used to take HCG but dropped it back in October and that 23 E2 was on HCG and daily injections

sammmy

Dysautonomia is diagnosed with a tilt table test.

At home test, is to get an oxymeter that you put on your finger and measure the change in your heart rate when you suddenly stand up from sitting position. It should shoot up.

Treating it, is still in the twilight zone of contemporary medicine. Like for many other chronic diseases, there is no actual cure - the hope is that the nervous system will repair itself with time. There are drugs that might suppress symptoms depending on the type of dysautonomia. If it turns out you have it, best is to join a specialized forum for it and see what other people have tried and what worked or not.

Cynice49

Have you checked estradiol? Does your anxiety go away when you are on vacation or during long weekends?
Last estradiol test was 23, and that was in 16mg/day

Honestly haven’t had either a bit, grad school and work have hindered any vacations from happening

Saul

Last estradiol test was 23, and that was in 16mg/day

Honestly haven’t had either a bit, grad school and work have hindered any vacations from happening
It could be environmental, such as work or school. Many people find their anxiety decrease or go away completely on vacation or on the weekends.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me