anti-depressive/mood enhancing effect of celebrex(?) Alternatives?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Aki

Hi all,

I was recently prescribed some Celebrex (celecoxib) for persistent lower back pain. I took it for about two week (200 mg/day) and it provided relief for the back pain symptoms. The last dose was 3 nights ago. During the second week while I was on celebrex, my state of mind (mood, mental energy, non-anxiety and feeling of confidence/positiviteness/optimism) was pretty good - significantly better usual. I didn't associate this phenomenon particularly with the celebrex, as I'm also taking enclomiphene and some anti-histamine for itching problems. Also, vit-D 50000 units 2x/week. And Magnesium.

Since stopping celebrex, my mood has taken a downturn, i.e. it's gone back to how it usually is - which isn't good.
I'm beginning to wonder if Celebrex had anything to do with it (not to rush to conclusions). Googling returned some research about COX-2 inhibitors (celebrex being one) having an anti-depressant effect, in isolation or as add-on therapy to boost the effectiveness of other antideps.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20047157
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/11/161110145921.htm

I want to know if anyone else has experienced similar effects with celebrex or related medications (naproxen, etc.)?
Also, could anyone suggest any over-the-counter alternatives (supplements etc.) that could help improve mood?

TBH if this (i.e. Celebrex) is what it takes to feel normal, I'm willing to take it indefinitely (long term side-effects notwithstanding). But I would like to explore safer options first.

[I should mention that I haven't take antidepressants in years. Back in 2010/2011 I was put on SSRI antidepressants (cymbalta + zoloft). I took them for a bit over a year, after which I gave them up; I don't think they helped me at all (and instead gave me sexual dysfunction-related issues).]

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching