Another nandrolone question, re potential cardiac issues

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator

5. Conclusions

The anabolic-androgenic steroids are a family of hormones abused by athletes because of their well-known properties on increasing muscle mass and strength, and among them, ND is the most used one. Historically, it was used for the treatment of anemia of chronic kidney disease, or osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.

This review evidences that improper usage and abuse of AASs cause several adverse effects in all body tissues and organs, highlighting the mechanics behind side effects. To sum up, inflammatory cytokines, oxidative stress, protein synthesis alteration, and apoptosis are common mechanisms involved in AAS-related damage.

*Several studies showed cardiovascular and endocrine system, reproductive system, musculoskeletal system, as well as kidney and liver are affected by side effects in most cases. To date, most experimental studies have been conducted on animal models because it would be unethical to administer high doses of AASs over prolonged periods of time. Much remains to be investigated about the basic mechanisms in humans.

*Moreover, the habit of polydrug abuse makes it hardly possible to distinguish the toxic effects of AASs from those caused by other drugs [138]. In addition, a general limitation of human studies is the fact that data about the modality and doses of AAS use/abuse are often self-reported. Furthermore, there is a tendency to abuse multiple substances at the same time. Lastly, the susceptibility of individuals is influenced by GENETIC FACTORS that are well known as key factors in developing adverse events [139]

In a systematic review of the literature on online resources, we found a total of 766 articles, but only 33 studies reported data about subjects abusing ND. Most reported adverse effects were endocrine (18 studies, 42%), cardiovascular (six studies, 14%), skin (five studies, 12%), and psychiatric (four studies, 9%) disorders.

Side effects secondary to the use of ND may arise in some cases since the first administration. Some side effects regress quickly after suspension (for example, side effects on the skin or blood changes). However, there are some side effects that persist for some time and may not regress completely on suspension (for example, side effects on the reproductive, hormonal, nervous, and immune systems, organ damage to the kidney and liver, and cardiovascular or behavioral changes).

The result of this review highlights the need to investigate the consequences of the use of these substances because, currently, there are discordant results in many studies.

madman

Super Moderator
Screenshot (5044).png

Screenshot (5045).png

Fernando Almaguer

I have been taking lisinopril for a decade, hence my interest in that drug.

I can definitely ask my TRT doc for Telmisartan but I'm hoping that the lisinopril I've been using has helped mitigate some of the potential risk
what is your report back on nandrolone?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching