Another clinical review found no negative effect of testosterone on the heart

Buy Lab Tests Online
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
A new analysis countered recent studies inking the use of testosterone therapy with increased risks of myocardial infarction (MI) and stroke.
Among roughly 20,000 patients treated with testosterone over a 6-year period, the rate of new MIs was 30 per 100,000 and the rate of new strokes was 10 per 100,000, according to Robert Tan, MD, of OPAL Medical Clinic in Houston.

Those rates were significantly lower compared with rates in the Kaiser Permanente and Northern Manhattan Registry databases (P<0.0001 for both MI and stroke), he reported at the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists meeting in Las Vegas.
"The study suggests a protective effect of testosterone against MI and strokes," Tan said. "Further, there was no evidence of worsening of pre-existing MI or strokes in patients treated with testosterone."

George Grunberger, MD, vice president of AACE, said although the study was retrospective and not the gold standard, randomized controlled trial, it should allay some concerns.

"I think it should take out some of the element of fear," said Grunberger, who was not involved in the study. "The last thing you want is patients who are doing well to stop their treatment because of some headline."

http://www.medpagetoday.com/Cardiology/MyocardialInfarction/45856

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
I'm starting to see all these commercials from ambulance chasing attorneys, looking to cash-in on this so called testosterone epidemic that's killing people. IMO, bio-identical hormone replacement therapy has to be one of the greatest benefits that our generation is able to attain. Like anything, abusing these medications, or administering them if there's a pre-existing condition, e.g., elevated PSA level, wouldn't be recommended. However, most healthy men and women will benefit tremendously with treatment when facing andro/menopausal conditions. The biggest obstacle for most will be just getting a well qualified physician that can provide a comprehensive treatment program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale