Another attempted restart, surprisingly positive results

Buy Lab Tests Online

FLguy123

I will try to update this as I continue. I am 6-7 weeks into a spur of the moment restart and I intend to get a full lab panel done in another couple months.

I have made a few posts here on a couple restart attempts and other various things that many of us have gone through. 37 years old, 6'1, 180lbs, in pretty decent shape, active. Have been on and off TRT for probably 10ish years, have tried many forms from Androgel, injections, cream, and Natesto.

I had taken about a 4-5 week restart attempt after my last trial with the cream which left my heart racing, hair thinning profusely, and not feeling great. T levels were around 700-800 at peak so nothing off the charts. The clomid had me feeling not great per usual, and I tried Natesto. I was only doing 2 pumps per nostril twice a day, and was feeling OK but not great, I probably could have continued with Natesto despite the little annoyance of timing it and the drip in the back of the throat and nose.

I had a knee surgery and got extremely sick the day after (wasn't Covid but worst cold I've had that I can remember). My nose was so runny and I felt so awful I barely got out of bed for over a week. I stopped taking the Natesto because I couldn't even apply it with my nose, and by the time I finally felt better from the cold I had been off the Natesto for over a week and decided to give it one more go. I had a script from my GP for just TT and FT as it was going to be a Natesto check in, so I went ahead and had bloodwork done last week at Quest. To my surprise, my TT was 373 (250-1100) and my FT was 75 (35-155). Never took clomid or anything other then supplements after discontinuing the Natesto.

This doesn't sound very good but this is the highest TT I've ever had off TRT going back 10 plus years to before I ever even started TRT, and I'm only 6ish weeks off the Natesto. I am going to continue focusing on quality sleep, solid nutrition, and reduced stress and recheck a full blood panel in 2 months.

Current assessment:
Libido isn't great but not all that much worse than my typical on TRT.
Energy is better, less napping during the day
mood is much better
sleep is much better
getting much more sore in the gym which is to be expected but that is already improving
I used to get very achy in my joints on TRT, almost felt like inflammation everywhere. This is greatly improved as of now

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Match

I wanted to know about Androgel, whether it works or not, or some topic, loink about it. Is it similar to Natesto?
Natesto requires recipe and Androgel does not, it seems to me

madman

Super Moderator
I wanted to know about Androgel, whether it works or not, or some topic, loink about it. Is it similar to Natesto?
Natesto requires recipe and Androgel does not, it seems to me

No as transdermal testosterone (gel/cream) will result in shut-down of the HPG axis.

FLguy123

Still chugging along. I’d guess that I probably am about as recovered as I’ll get, my dr wants to do labs in a couple months, although I’ll probably pull a few of the basics on my own from discount labs.

energy is decent, libido is decent, strength and body comp hasn’t done much, although I have been very busy renovating a home and with work so my sleep and workouts haven’t been as good as they should. I think the worst part for now is my refractory period. I can have sex daily, but can’t go more than once a day at this time. I will update when I get a few labs pulled here soon.

Fortunate

Still chugging along. I’d guess that I probably am about as recovered as I’ll get, my dr wants to do labs in a couple months, although I’ll probably pull a few of the basics on my own from discount labs.

energy is decent, libido is decent, strength and body comp hasn’t done much, although I have been very busy renovating a home and with work so my sleep and workouts haven’t been as good as they should. I think the worst part for now is my refractory period. I can have sex daily, but can’t go more than once a day at this time. I will update when I get a few labs pulled here soon.
I think most people would accept once a day!!

DorianGray

I'm pulling the plug on TRT also. Did your doctor give you a minimal to wait before doing labs? I want ensure the body has had enough time to return to its natural state.

FLguy123

My current doctor is not a top of the line expert to be honest. But they cooperate and are pretty open minded. Her thoughts were to give it a solid 2-3 months for first lab pull then wait another 4-6 months. I ended up pulling my first total test lab around a month out and she wants me to do a full lab panel in another 2-3 months. I may do a checkin test with discounted labs prior for the hell of it.

once I got myself off the mindset of chasing the honeymoon phase forever it made this a lot easier. I’m sure some guys can get there or close to it and stay there but I could never get there for more than a month or two without sides that were enough to make me want to make adjustments. I have accepted I won’t feel that honeymoon feeling ever going natural, but I am still honestly surprised with how good overall I feel this early natural and continuing to focus on slowly improving more and good nutrition, low stress, and good sleep.

FLguy123

Figured I'd give another update. Had labs pulled a couple weeks ago from Quest and here's where I landed:

Total T - 392 Range 250-1100
Free T - 97 Range 35-155
TSH - 1.62 Range .4-4.5
DHEA - 287 Range 106-464

These are the only applicable values I got, she didn't pull SHBG, prolactin, etc. My SHBG is usually on the low side and the mid range FT would lead me to believe that hasn't changed.

Subjectively: Libido has gone down, energy has gone down, refractory period is longer (sex every other day at best, and no real desire to masturbate), mood is slightly lower. I would say overall my subjective variables have slightly to moderately decreased over the past few months despite a slight uptick in T.

I've been told by multiple people now that my snoring is quite bad. I've had sleep studies and never registered Apnea, but I am convinced my snoring is negatively affecting my sleep quality. I saw an ENT and she said my adenoids were quite large and I had a moderately deviated septum which could contribute to this and recommended surgery.

Currently debating my next steps if any.

TLawyer

Figured I'd give another update. Had labs pulled a couple weeks ago from Quest and here's where I landed:

Total T - 392 Range 250-1100
Free T - 97 Range 35-155
TSH - 1.62 Range .4-4.5
DHEA - 287 Range 106-464

These are the only applicable values I got, she didn't pull SHBG, prolactin, etc. My SHBG is usually on the low side and the mid range FT would lead me to believe that hasn't changed.

Subjectively: Libido has gone down, energy has gone down, refractory period is longer (sex every other day at best, and no real desire to masturbate), mood is slightly lower. I would say overall my subjective variables have slightly to moderately decreased over the past few months despite a slight uptick in T.

I've been told by multiple people now that my snoring is quite bad. I've had sleep studies and never registered Apnea, but I am convinced my snoring is negatively affecting my sleep quality. I saw an ENT and she said my adenoids were quite large and I had a moderately deviated septum which could contribute to this and recommended surgery.

Currently debating my next steps if any.
Why not give Natesto a decent shot? Maybe up to the 3x daily if the 2x wasn't giving you much.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me