Annoying post-injection pain (PIP)

Buy Lab Tests Online

mairomaster

I've been on TRT for an year and a half now. I am self-medicating and I did my best to study the field as good as possible so that I really know what I'm doing. Everything is going pretty good so far - I've experimented with many different protocols / substances and I've figured out pretty well what works for me. However, one thing that I still can't really fix is the annoying post-injection pain.

I am doing 3 injection sites on both sides (6 in total) - glutes, ventroglutes and quads. I'm using 29g 1/2" insulin pins for shallow IM injections. The injections are pretty much zero pain, but 12 hours later the area starts hurting and that continues for a few days. It's a dull pain that causes me limping. It doesn't happen after every injection but after about 1/3 of the injections, which is still pretty annoying considering I inject 3 times a week (M,W,F).

Those are the things I've tried so far without success:

- 29g/30g needles
- Different esters - Cypionate/Sustanon
- Different carrier oils - grapeseed, sesame, peanut, MCT, cottonseed
- Different solvents - ethyl oleate, benzyl benzoate
- Different concentrations - from 200 mg/mL to 250 mg/mL
- Different injection volumes - from 0.17 mL to 0.5 mL
- Different injection sites - glutes, ventroglutes, quads, delts
- Keeping everything pretty sterile + using alcohol swabs before every injection + a brand new pin for every injection
- Back-filling the syringes to avoid blunting the needle tip
- Different suppliers, including pharmacies and UGL
- Keeping the testosterone at room temperature (20 - 25 °C / 68 - 77 °F)
- SubQ injections solved the problem but I'm getting pretty bad skin irritation so I can't do it

The needle itself should be doing very minimal damage at this size (I also inject pretty carefully), so my theory is that the testosterone depot in the muscles causes some irritation/inflammation later on.

I will be glad to see your suggestions. Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I've been on TRT for an year and a half now. I am self-medicating and I did my best to study the field as good as possible so that I really know what I'm doing. Everything is going pretty good so far - I've experimented with many different protocols / substances and I've figured out pretty well what works for me. However, one thing that I still can't really fix is the annoying post-injection pain.

I am doing 3 injection sites on both sides (6 in total) - glutes, ventroglutes and quads. I'm using 29g 1/2" insulin pins for shallow IM injections. The injections are pretty much zero pain, but 12 hours later the area starts hurting and that continues for a few days. It's a dull pain that causes me limping. It doesn't happen after every injection but after about 1/3 of the injections, which is still pretty annoying considering I inject 3 times a week (M,W,F).

Those are the things I've tried so far without success:

- 29g/30g needles
- Different esters - Cypionate/Sustanon
- Different carrier oils - grapeseed, sesame, peanut, MCT, cottonseed
- Different solvents - ethyl oleate, benzyl benzoate
- Different concentrations - from 200 mg/mL to 250 mg/mL
- Different injection volumes - from 0.17 mL to 0.5 mL
- Different injection sites - glutes, ventroglutes, quads, delts
- Keeping everything pretty sterile + using alcohol swabs before every injection + a brand new pin for every injection
- Back-filling the syringes to avoid blunting the needle tip
- Different suppliers, including pharmacies and UGL
- Keeping the testosterone at room temperature (20 - 25 °C / 68 - 77 °F)
- SubQ injections solved the problem but I'm getting pretty bad skin irritation so I can't do it

The needle itself should be doing very minimal damage at this size (I also inject pretty carefully), so my theory is that the testosterone depot in the muscles causes some irritation/inflammation later on.

I will be glad to see your suggestions. Thanks!
Looks like you tried everything. I would think that you're hitting a nerve, but that should hurt immediately.

Vince

Super Moderator

mairomaster

How fast are you injecting?

Is the testosterone ugl ?

It takes me about 10 sec to inject 0.25 mL. I'm not sure if that matters with 29/30g needles because the needle itself / viscosity of the oil is limiting the injection speed and you can't really go super fast.

As I've said in my original post, I've tried both pharma grade and UGL sources, all the same result.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me