Androgen Receptor Health Assessment

Buy Lab Tests Online
Is it possible to test/assess the health of one's androgen receptors? I am just curious if there are tests that will predict the efficacy of TRT and/or determine the timeline of expected benefits.

I would imagine Thyroid (TSH, T3, T4) is obvious. What else can be tested to determine AR health?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I was always wandering if you're thyroid affects how you're androgen receptors respond to testosterone.? Any correlation ?
I would think there is.

Also, there are plenty of AR antagonists (for prostate cancer), wondering if there are agonists out there (AR enhancers). I think some anabolic steroids have this effect, but I don't know much about steroids.

Sean Mosher

That's an interesting thought 30005Gator.
Would be interesting to know something like that on the front.
Maybe it could possibly reduce some of the starting protocol guesswork???
I dunno...........interesting either way.

Thanks Systemlord. I just read that study, and it has a conclusion that efficacy (response) of exogenous Testosterone is correlated to androgen receptor health:
"Genomic and non-genomic effects, androgen receptor polymorphism and intracellular steroid metabolism further contribute to such diversity [with the time-course of the spectrum of effects of testosterone]."

Unfortunately, it did not discuss a method of correlation. Obviously, it is a positive correlation, but I would be interested in a study that can predict the time-course and level of response based on the subject's AR "health" (which would require the ability to test the AR system).

There are many people who suffer from AR suppression after use of certain drugs (e.g., Post-Finasteride syndrome) and do not respond well to TRT (the ARs cannot make use of the T).

So two things:
1. Is it possible to predict how well and how quickly someone will respond to TRT based on a measurement of AR "health"?
2. Is it possible to boost/improve the AR system (SARMs? I don't know much about them)?

Last edited:
Do SARMs (like OSTARINE MK-2866) work in conjunction with TRT and improve the AR response? I am just now learning about SARMs.

Would appreciate if one of the pros on here could help explain!

Systemlord

We are at the beginning in our understanding AR receptor sensitivity and here are no ways to test AR health. The only way to find out is to begin TRT and find out.

madman

Super Moderator
Thanks Systemlord. I just read that study, and it has a conclusion that efficacy (response) of exogenous Testosterone is correlated to androgen receptor health:
"Genomic and non-genomic effects, androgen receptor polymorphism and intracellular steroid metabolism further contribute to such diversity [with the time-course of the spectrum of effects of testosterone]."

Unfortunately, it did not discuss a method of correlation. Obviously, it is a positive correlation, but I would be interested in a study that can predict the time-course and level of response based on the subject's AR "health" (which would require the ability to test the AR system).

There are many people who suffer from AR suppression after use of certain drugs (e.g., Post-Finasteride syndrome) and do not respond well to TRT (the ARs cannot make use of the T).

So two things:
1. Is it possible to predict how well and how quickly someone will respond to TRT based on a measurement of AR "health"?
2. Is it possible to boost/improve the AR system (SERMs? I don't know much about them)?

I have mentioned this many times in the past that Polymorphism of the AR CAG repeat length (short/long) may very well be implemented in the near future as a standard test regarding men and low testosterone.

Attachments

• IJE2015-298107.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 136
I have mentioned this many times in the past that Polymorphism of the AR CAG repeat length (short/long) may very well be implemented in the near future as a standard test regarding men and low testosterone.
That's awesome! Thanks for sending that. I am no scientist...are there ways to measure that repeat length?

madman

Super Moderator
That's awesome! Thanks for sending that. I am no scientist...are there ways to measure that repeat length?

Much more research is needed to be done in this area and it could very well have a significant impact in the near future on the treatment of low testosterone in men.

The testing is not available to the general public and is used for research purposes as there is still much to be learned let alone bigger RCTs that need to be done.

Vitamin_C

I'd say look at what androgens do to the body physiologically (muscle growth, hair growth etc) and that should give you a good indication of receptor functionality.

Kirk001

There is an androgen receptor immunohistochemistry stain test that is somewhat commonly done, but this uses tissue and is usually collected from patients with cancer or suspected of having cancer.

There is an androgen receptor immunohistochemistry stain test that is somewhat commonly done, but this uses tissue and is usually collected from patients with cancer or suspected of having cancer.
Interesting. I'll see if my Endo will write one up for me. lol (joking because she wouldn't even Rx TRT with three consecutive tests below 300).

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me