Androgel vs compounded cream

Buy Lab Tests Online

goolapsh

I was wondering if androgel sustains levels of t longer than compounded creams. Why Do androgel and generics use gels instead of a cream base? Is there some scientific Evidence out there that say gels are slower release and more effective than creams? I’m not talking about scrotal application because I’m not a fan of that having used that method before. I mean there has to be a reason the makers of androgel chose a gel over a cream base.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Bryan_K77

I was wondering if androgel sustains levels of t longer than compounded creams. Why Do androgel and generics use gels instead of a cream base? Is there some scientific Evidence out there that say gels are slower release and more effective than creams? I’m not talking about scrotal application because I’m not a fan of that having used that method before. I mean there has to be a reason the makers of androgel chose a gel over a cream base.
I can’t imagine that gel based transdermals would effect the half life vs cream based transdermals. They both contain testosterone with no ester attached so that it can pass through the skin. With that being said, I’m not sure why the makers of Androgel chose gel over cream, actually seems like a mistake as the alcohol component in gels dry out the skin of many people,which is also why gels (besides PLO and Atrevis) shouldn’t be applied to the scrotum.

Bryan_K77

The main problem with commercial testosterone gels for most people is the concentration is too low. I believe Androgel is 1.62% testosterone, most will not be optimized on that, but some will. If you really want to use gels for whatever reason, they make compounded gels in 10 and 20% strengths. Are you currently using transdermal testosterone?

madman

Super Moderator

I was wondering if androgel sustains levels of t longer than compounded creams.

No.

Absorption will be the same (9-14%) and the daily application of the T gel/cream to the skin surface will result in the thinnest layer of skin (stratum corneum) acting as a reservoir that will release the T slowly into circulation eventually leading to steady-state blood levels.

When applied daily steady state is achieved in 48-72hrs.

Why Do androgel and generics use gels instead of a cream base?

Dries rapidly.

Is there some scientific Evidence out there that say gels are slower release and more effective than creams?

No.

Transdermal application is absorbed within the first few hours.

Effectiveness of one's protocol comes down to absorption, the dose of T used and of course
adhering to the daily application of the T gel/cream.

As already stated @Bryan_K77 the main downfall of the big pharma gels is the concentration is very low (1-2%) compared to compounded (5-20%) therefore a larger volume of the big pharma gels would need to be applied over a larger surface area on the skin in order to improve absorption.

Also when using the lower concentration big pharma gels in most men a higher dose 10 grams gel (100mg of T) would need to be used in order to achieve high/normal T levels as 5 grams gel (50mg of T) will result in average T levels for most.

Although big pharma gels are commonly demonized do understand that many men do respond well and can achieve high T levels when using a higher dose of 10 grams gel (100mg T).

Regardless of the dose used some men are just poor absorbers and using the low concentration big pharma transdermal gels is ineffective.

The main reason big pharma uses gels as the base is:

On application of a hydroalcoholic gel, such as Androgel®, to the skin, rapid evaporation of alcohol causes the gel to dry immediately, after which T penetrates through the skin into the systemic circulation.

When T is applied to the skin surface as a hydroalcoholic gel, the gel dries rapidly, and the steroid is absorbed into the stratum corneum, which serves as a reservoir. The reservoir in the skin releases T into the circulation slowly over several hours, resulting in steady-state serum levels of the hormones.

Transdermal absorption depends on testosterone forming a local depot in the stratum corneum, the dead skin cell layer which limits permeability of small molecules through the skin, to allow for prolonged testosterone delivery.

Last edited:

sh1973

I’ve tried both and in my opinion Androgel is much better than compounded creams and it doesn’t fall off as quick as the creams.

Bryan_K77

I find this super interesting and I wonder what the mechanisms were that made you guys respond better to androgel. Is it possible the strength of the cream spiked testosterone and dht super high and that could be why? Is it the alcohol in androgel that slightly slows absorption time?

sh1973

Not really sure but I’ve tried compounded cream from two different pharmacies and hated both of them. Androgel for me was a much smoother transition throughout the day. I suspect it’s the alcohol base that makes it better for some men.

StepbyStep

Not really sure but I’ve tried compounded cream from two different pharmacies and hated both of them. Androgel for me was a much smoother transition throughout the day. I suspect it’s the alcohol base that makes it better for some men.

Very strange, I haven't tried androgel but I have been on cream for over a year now and have had great results. I don't have ups or downs, and have even gone 30 hours in-between doses with no change in how I feel.

Bryan_K77

Very strange, I haven't tried androgel but I have been on cream for over a year now and have had great results. I don't have ups or downs, and have even gone 30 hours in-between doses with no change in how I feel.
Do you apply full dose to your scrotum or other body areas? What are your total and free t and dosage used? I’m intrigued by the wide Individual variability that is seen among those on transdermals.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me