Anavar (Oxandrolone) Blood Levels Increased by Caffeine

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Nelson Have you seen this article/research repost on caffine greatly increasing the bioavailabilty of oxandrolone?
Can a few hundred mls of caffeine boost the anabolic effect of oxandrolone?

Imagine: you're a careful user of anabolic steroids. You occasionally take a course of oxandrolone only, and that's all you want. If this is your way of doing things, then Portuguese doping researchers may have discovered something that'll interest you. They suspect that you can get more out of oxandrolone if you take extra caffeine.

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Nutrition/Q237284.html

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Low dose of testosterone plus a couple of oxandrolone tabs just as effective as a megadose of testosterone

If you get men to train for 20 weeks and inject them with 600 mg testosterone enanthate, they'll gain 8 kg extra fat free mass, according to some studies. But it's possible to make the same gains with less, doctors at the University of California discovered. You can achieve almost the same results with a light course of oxandrolone and testosterone enanthate, and you only have to take them for 8 weeks.

http://www.ergo-log.com/oxandrolonetestosterone.html

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Mavros Y, O'Neill E, Connerty M, Bean JF, Broe K, et al.

Oxandrolone Augmentation of Resistance Training in Older Women: A Randomized Trial. Med Sci Sports Exerc. http://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/A...entation_of_Resistance_Training_in.97766.aspx

INTRODUCTION: Sarcopenia is disproportionately present in older women with disability, and optimum treatment is not clear. We conducted a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial to determine if oxandrolone administration in elderly women improves body composition or physical function beyond that which occurs in response to progressive resistance training.

METHODS: Twenty-nine sedentary women (aged 74.9+/-6.8yrs; 5.9+/-2.8 meds/day) were randomized to receive high intensity progressive resistance training (3 times/week for 12 weeks) combined with either oxandrolone (10 mg/day) or an identical placebo. Peak strength was assessed for leg press, chest press, triceps, knee extension and knee flexion. Power was assessed for leg press and chest press. Physical function measures included static and dynamic balance, chair rise, stair climb, gait speed and six-minute walk test. Body composition was assessed using dual energy X-ray absorptiometry.

RESULTS: Oxandrolone treatment augmented increases in lean tissue for the whole body (2.6kg; 95% CI 1.0, 4.2kg; p=0.003); arms (0.3kg; 95% CI 0.1, 0.5kg; p=0.001); legs (0.8kg; 95% CI 0.1, 1.4kg; p=0.018) and trunk (1.4kg; 95% CI 0.4, 2.3kg; p=0.004). Oxandrolone also augmented loss of fat tissue of the whole body (-1kg; 95% CI -1.6, -0.4, p=0.002), arms (-0.2kg; 95% CI -0.5, -0.02kg; p=0.032), legs (-0.4kg; 95% CI -0.6, -0.1; p=0.009) and tended to reduce trunk fat (-0.4kg; 95% CI -0.9, 0.04; p=0.07). Improvements in muscle strength and power, chair stand, and dynamic balance were all significant over time (p<0.05), but not different between groups (p>0.05).

CONCLUSION: Oxandrolone improves body composition adaptations to progressive resistance training in older women over 12 weeks without augmenting muscle function or functional performance beyond that of PRT alone.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Oxandrolone buns more fat than nandrolone

Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 1995 Sep;19(9):614-24.

Oral anabolic steroid treatment, but not parenteral androgen treatment, decreases abdominal fat in obese, older men.
Lovejoy JC1, Bray GA, Greeson CS, Klemperer M, Morris J, Partington C, Tulley R.

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

To compare the effects of testosterone enanthate (TE), anabolic steroid (AS) or placebo (PL) on regional fat distribution and health risk factors in obese middle-aged men undergoing weight loss by dietary means.

DESIGN:

Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial, carried out for 9 months with primary assessments at 3 month intervals. Due to adverse blood lipid changes, the AS group was switched from oral oxandrolone (ASOX) to parenteral nandrolone decanoate (ASND) after the 3 month assessment point.

SUBJECTS:

Thirty healthy, obese men, aged 40-60 years, with serum testosterone (T) levels in the low-normal range (2-5 ng/mL).

MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES:

Abdominal fat distribution and thigh muscle volume by CT scan, body composition by dual energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA), insulin sensitivity by the Minimal Model method, blood lipids, blood chemistry, blood pressure, thyroid hormones and urological parameters.

RESULTS:

After 3 months, there was a significantly greater decrease in subcutaneous (SQ) abdominal fat in the ASOX group compared to the TE and PL groups although body weight changes did not differ by treatment group. There was also a tendency for the ASOX group to exhibit greater losses in visceral fat, and the absolute level of visceral fat in this group was significantly lower at 3 months than in the TE and PL groups. There were significant main effects of treatment at 3 months on serum T and free T (increased in the TE group and decreased in the ASOX group) and on thyroid hormone parameters (T4 and T3 resin uptake significantly decreased in the ASOX group compared with the other two groups). There was a significant decrease in HDL-C, and increase in LDL-C in the ASOX group, which led to their being switched to the parenteral nandrolone decanoate (ASND) after 3 months. ASND had opposite effects on visceral fat from ASOX, producing a significant increase from 3 to 9 months while continuing to decrease SQ abdominal fat. ASND treatment also decreased thigh muscle area, while ASOX treatment increased high muscle. ASND reversed the effects of ASOX on lipoproteins and thyroid hormones. The previously reported effect of T to decrease visceral fat was not observed, in fact, visceral fat in the TE group increased slightly from 3 to 9 months, although SQ fat continued to decrease. Neither TE nor AS treatment resulted in any change in urologic parameters.

CONCLUSIONS:

Oral oxandrolone decreased SQ abdominal fat more than TE or weight loss alone and also tended to produce favorable changes in visceral fat. TE and ASND injections given every 2 weeks had similar effects to weight loss alone on regional body fat. Most of the beneficial effects observed on metabolic and cardiovascular risk factors were due to weight loss per se. These results suggest that SQ and visceral abdominal fat can be independently modulated by androgens and that at least some anabolic steroids are capable of influencing abdominal fat.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Oxandrolone Review Paper

This is the best review paper on the clinical uses of oxandrolone (attached file)

Attachments

• Oxandrolone review.pdf
    185.7 KB · Views: 447

RocDawg

This is great info!

What dosage were run with the men?

Many men that ive seen ussing Anavar normally dose it at least 40-50mg.

Very nice info.........RocDawg it looks like most of these studies were shown at 20mg a day of Oxandrolone along with normal TRT dosing of testosterone.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Oral anabolic steroid treatment, but not parenteral androgen treatment, decreases abdominal fat in obese, older men.

International Journal of Obesity and Related Metabolic Disorders : Journal of the International Association for the Study of Obesity [1995, 19(9):614-624]

OBJECTIVE: To compare the effects of testosterone enanthate (TE), anabolic steroid (AS) or placebo (PL) on regional fat distribution and health risk factors in obese middle-aged men undergoing weight loss by dietary means.

DESIGN: Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial, carried out for 9 months with primary assessments at 3 month intervals. Due to adverse blood lipid changes, the AS group was switched from oral oxandrolone (ASOX) to parenteral nandrolone decanoate(ASND) after the 3 month assessment point.

SUBJECTS: Thirty healthy, obese men, aged 40-60 years, with serum testosterone (T) levels in the low-normal range (2-5 ng/mL).

MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Abdominal fat distribution and thigh muscle volume by CT scan, body composition by dual energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA), insulin sensitivity by the Minimal Model method, blood lipids, blood chemistry, blood pressure, thyroid hormones and urological parameters.

RESULTS: After 3 months, there was a significantly greater decrease in subcutaneous (SQ) abdominal fat in the ASOX group compared to the TE and PL groups although body weight changes did not differ by treatment group. There was also a tendency for the ASOX group to exhibit greater losses in visceral fat, and the absolute level of visceral fat in this group was significantly lower at 3 months than in the TE and PL groups. There were significant main effects of treatment at 3 months on serum T and free T (increased in the TE group and decreased in the ASOX group) and on thyroid hormone parameters (T4 and T3 resin uptake significantly decreased in the ASOX group compared with the other two groups). There was a significant decrease in HDL-C, and increase in LDL-C in the ASOX group, which led to their being switched to the parenteral nandrolone decanoate (ASND) after 3 months. ASND had opposite effects on visceral fat from ASOX, producing a significant increase from 3 to 9 months while continuing to decrease SQ abdominal fat. ASND treatment also decreased thigh muscle area, while ASOX treatment increased high muscle. ASND reversed the effects of ASOX on lipoproteins and thyroid hormones. The previously reported effect of T to decrease visceral fat was not observed, in fact, visceral fat in the TE group increased slightly from 3 to 9 months, although SQ fat continued to decrease. Neither TE nor AS treatment resulted in any change in urologic parameters.

CONCLUSIONS: Oral oxandrolone decreased SQ abdominal fat more than TE or weight loss alone and also tended to produce favorable changes in visceral fat. TE and ASND injections given every 2 weeks had similar effects to weight loss alone on regional body fat. Most of the beneficial effects observed on metabolic and cardiovascular risk factors were due to weight loss per se. These results suggest that SQ and visceral abdominal fat can be independently modulated by androgens and that at least some anabolic steroids are capable of influencing abdominal fat.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
It depends on where you get it. US Pharma sells it as 10 mg tablets and compounding pharmacies like Empower sells it as a single 25 mg capsule.

I have found no pharmacokinetics data on oxandrolone to determine its half life.

It has a profound lowering effect on good cholesterol (HDL), so I would take 10 mg twice per day instead of two 10 mg at once. But I have no data to show you related to blood levels.

dinhoguerra

It depends on where you get it. US Pharma sells it as 10 mg tablets and compounding pharmacies like Empower sells it as a single 25 mg capsule.

I have found no pharmacokinetics data on oxandrolone to determine its half life.

It has a profound lowering effect on good cholesterol (HDL), so I would take 10 mg twice per day instead of two 10 mg at once. But I have no data to show you related to blood levels.

First of all, it is an honor to have the question answered by you, thank you very much.

Here in Brazil, in what you call "Broscience", there is the widespread idea that the half-life of oxandrolone would be 9-12 hours.

But my capsules are 20mg, so I'll take them only once a day and monitor with blood tests.

Do you think that, since HDL and Liver are OK, could I use this dose in the long term?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
First of all, it is an honor to have the question answered by you, thank you very much.

Here in Brazil, in what you call "Broscience", there is the widespread idea that the half-life of oxandrolone would be 9-12 hours.

But my capsules are 20mg, so I'll take them only once a day and monitor with blood tests.

Do you think that, since HDL and Liver are OK, could I use this dose in the long term?

I think anything above 20 mg per day is an overkill, but many bodybuilders use 40 mg instead. I think at that dose you will see a reduction of over 50% of HDL. Also, remember that oxandrolone alone will shut down your HPTA and render you hypogonadal, which will eventually cause ED. It is used with TRT.

dinhoguerra

I think anything above 20 mg per day is an overkill, but many bodybuilders use 40 mg instead. I think at that dose you will see a reduction of over 50% of HDL. Also, remember that oxandrolone alone will shut down your HPTA and render you hypogonadal, which will eventually cause ED. It is used with TRT.

Yes, I know that. I am on a subcutaneous 30mg / eod cipionate protocol.

J2048b

so what this is sayin is i need to take my xandrolone and test as well, and ill loose more internal organ fat...huh, nice to know, and ill take citrus berg to help keep my hdl in the upper range as well since xandrolone kills it

Loki

We have a local TRT doctor willing to prescribe Oxandrolone with TRT protocals. But For a man he is recommending 6MG in the morning and 6MG at night. That seems really low and the cost is $4 per pill. So 240 per month.

If I was going to try and 6MG pills was the only way he would prescribe it I think I would do 6MG in the morning, 6MG at lunch and 6MG right before bed. Maybe add it to my nitric stack...

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me