anastrozole vs dim

Buy Lab Tests Online

TheCount

Having joint pains and ED issues and feel that it may be due to the Anastrozole (.5 twice weekly). I have been on trt for 5 months and reviewing my past 3 labs, I need something to keep my estradiol down (40 to recently 20). My doctor states that I may be sensitive to the Anastrozole and wants to switch me to Dim (100 daily). Thoughts? And, ty!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

MG123

How did you feel prior to taking the anastrozole? Some guys don't need anything for estradiol and yours certainly isn't astronomical.

CoastWatcher

How did you feel prior to taking the anastrozole? Some guys don't need anything for estradiol and yours certainly isn't astronomical.

MG123 raises a very good point. Elevated estradiol is only treated if symptoms are also present. If you had no issues associated with e2 why was the AI introduced?

Classic overdose of Anastrozole demonstrated by classic low E symptom of joint pain. DIM won't do anything for you, it's never been a substitute for an AI, if one is even needed for you. DIM can help with some symptoms but I would defer to why you're taking a huge dose, .5mg is a huge dose, twice per week.

TheCount

My estradiol prior to trt was 28. Anastrozole was part of my beginning protocol at .25 twice weekly. After 60 days, my estradiol jumped to 40. Besides some nipple sensitivity and slight emotional sensitivity, my doc increased it to the .5 twice weekly. After some research online, I have stopped the anastrozole (1 1/2weeks ago) and my ED issues seem much better already. Joint discomfort is still around but I read that it takes some time after coming off. Should I stay off and wait to see what my next lab work looks like? Appreciate the responses!

CoastWatcher

My estradiol prior to trt was 28. Anastrozole was part of my beginning protocol at .25 twice weekly. After 60 days, my estradiol jumped to 40. Besides some nipple sensitivity and slight emotional sensitivity, my doc increased it to the .5 twice weekly. After some research online, I have stopped the anastrozole (1 1/2weeks ago) and my ED issues seem much better already. Joint discomfort is still around but I read that it takes some time after coming off. Should I stay off and wait to see what my next lab work looks like? Appreciate the responses!

Anastrozole has no place being prescribed in the absence of elevated lab results and adverse symptoms. Estradiol is a necessary hormone for male health; to include an AI in an initial TRT protocol is utterly foolish. You don't know where your estradiol will settle at this point - the AI can be added if labs and symptoms call for it. Leave it be.

Last edited:

TheCount

Update
I have been off of the Anastrazole now for 2 months and my joints are finally feeling relief. My ED much better.
My current regimen:
Test. Cyp. 200 MG/mL (0.40 mL injection twice weekly)
HCG 50 U injection twice weekly

Latest labs focusing on Test and E (all other labs within range):
Test free and total= 1349 High
Estradiol sensitive= 61.9 High

My current negative symptoms include red flushed face, moodiness, emotional sensitivity (tearing up on cheesy commercials) and an increase in acne on my back and forehead. Most seem to be related to the high E with the exception to the acne which is high Test.

I have my follow up appt. next week but wanted to see how you all might go about adjusting my regimen. My thoughts are lowering the injection dosage to bring down my total Test. of course, this way I won't need to bring anything new on board. Thoughts?

I appreciate your time and wisdom fellas!

Zooka15

You may need to look at your protocol and not focus on E2. You are on 160mg T a week and 1000IU HCG a week. Your Total T is above range and if that is trough you peak is going to be 100-300 points higher. You may want to reduce the HCG to 250IU TW, maybe even lowering the T to 140mg a week. Also beware high T can cause some mood symptoms since it can cause the adrenals and neurotransmitters to go into overdrive. The red flushed face could be hematocrit\ RBC. The acne is caused by DHT. More than likely you can even it out with a dosage adjustment. Don't get caught up on estradiol. Do you have total bloodwork?

Id come down to 70mg E3.5D and then test @ 4 weeks and reevaluate. I wouldn't treat the E at this point since you need to bring the T down and E follows T...typically.

Will Brink

Having joint pains and ED issues and feel that it may be due to the Anastrozole (.5 twice weekly). I have been on trt for 5 months and reviewing my past 3 labs, I need something to keep my estradiol down (40 to recently 20). My doctor states that I may be sensitive to the Anastrozole and wants to switch me to Dim (100 daily). Thoughts? And, ty!

If he thinks DIM as effective as Anastrozole, why didn't he start you off with that? You can try and see what happens, but DIM is no Anastrozole that's for sure. My experience is it did little to nadda for E2 via labs from people I have read. DIM looks good "on paper" but clinical experience not impressive at all, at least in my experience. Maybe others have seen better effects.

As others have pointed out, might be better to focus on protocol and bodyfat levels.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me