Anastrazole dosage

Buy Lab Tests Online

goga

Hi
I inject T Enanthate EOD 25 mg Sub Q. My readings are :
Estradiol 29 pg/ml (7-43), Free T 18 pg/ml (1-28), T 4 ng/ml (3-8). SHBG 28.8 nml/l (17-77).
Now, I decided to start with 0.25 mg EOD Armidex to combat my (presumably) high E2, as:
1) My libido is low
2) I have high blood pressure, most likely because of E2
3) I gained some weight
4) TRT has not made me calmer at all

When I was on a higher dosage (100 mg pw), FT was higher, but I didn't feel much better, so I decided to inject more often, less dosages.

Does my Armidex dosage look reasonable? Should I try to increase T dosage while on Armidex?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HealthMan

Your E2 is not high (is this the sensitive test?). You are assuming the lack of libido, high BP, weigh gain, etc are due to your E2 levels. Any reason why you think that? And why do you think TRT will make you calmer? You and your doctor might wanna look at other possible causes like high prolactin, thyroid levels etc. Also you could try to increase your FT to low mid 20s see if that helps with some of the symptoms. If for some reason you and your doctor agree that this might be E2 related you would need to micro dose anastrozole. 0.25mg EOD will most certainly crash your E2.

Vince

Super Moderator
Hi
I inject T Enanthate EOD 25 mg Sub Q. My readings are :
Estradiol 29 pg/ml (7-43), Free T 18 pg/ml (1-28), T 4 ng/ml (3-8). SHBG 28.8 nml/l (17-77).
Now, I decided to start with 0.25 mg EOD Armidex to combat my (presumably) high E2, as:
1) My libido is low
2) I have high blood pressure, most likely because of E2
3) I gained some weight
4) TRT has not made me calmer at all

When I was on a higher dosage (100 mg pw), FT was higher, but I didn't feel much better, so I decided to inject more often, less dosages.

Does my Armidex dosage look reasonable? Should I try to increase T dosage while on Armidex?
That would be a horrible mistake, using an AI without needing it. Shbg and E2 are almost identical. Something some members do to feel better. If your tank your estrogen you're just going to regretted.

Vince

Super Moderator
Your E2 is not high (is this the sensitive test?). You are assuming the lack of libido, high BP, weigh gain, etc are due to your E2 levels. Any reason why you think that? And why do you think TRT will make you calmer? You and your doctor might wanna look at other possible causes like high prolactin, thyroid levels etc. Also you could try to increase your FT to low mid 20s see if that helps with some of the symptoms. If for some reason you and your doctor agree that this might be E2 related you would need to micro dose anastrozole. 0.25mg EOD will most certainly crash your E2.
You beat me to the punch. :)

goga

Its not a sensitive test. It's a "regular" one. I presume I have high E2 based on symtoms

Blackhawk

Its not a sensitive test. It's a "regular" one. I presume I have high E2 based on symtoms

"regular one" in general reads HIGH for men. So your actual E2 is probably significantly LOWER. High and Low E2 symptoms overlap. You may be entirely misinterpreting the wrong way.

If you crash your E2 you will suffer. There are probably over 100 cases of exactly this happening to form members when someone misinterprets the wrong way and takes anastrozole when E2 is low to start with, or is put on anastrozole before having the proper test.

And, Do not consider your test "regular" consider it WRONG!

It is the regular test for women.

It is the WRONG test for men.

goga

"regular one" in general reads HIGH for men. So your actual E2 is probably significantly LOWER. High and Low E2 symptoms overlap. You may be entirely misinterpreting the wrong way.

If you crash your E2 you will suffer. There are probably over 100 cases of exactly this happening to form members when someone misinterprets the wrong way and takes anastrozole when E2 is low to start with, or is put on anastrozole before having the proper test.

And, Do not consider your test "regular" consider it WRONG!

It is the regular test for women.

It is the WRONG test for men.
The fact is that with this protocol, I don't feel well (low libido, water retention, brain fogs etc). I tired higher dosage (100 mg pw), it upped my FT, but didn't make me feel much better

Systemlord

You will crush your estrogen if you take the AI, this is what happens when a guy that has normal estrogen takes an AI. You don't even have the correct E2 test.

Hormone therapies such as TRT can be a slow process, progress is measured in months, 6-12 months to be exact.

I didn't feel good on SubQ, it can increase estrogen more versus IM in some men.

You should always attempt to lower the T dosage first to gain control of estrogen before resorting to an AI. I would rather go to everyday injections before using an AI.

How long has you been on this particular protocol?

Last edited:

Blackhawk

The fact is that with this protocol, I don't feel well (low libido, water retention, brain fogs etc). I tired higher dosage (100 mg pw), it upped my FT, but didn't make me feel much better

Your stated symptoms can come from many other things besides high estradiol. for example, how's your hematocrit? How about thyroid?

And how long have you waited for steady state after adjusting dosage? If you reduced dosage it is probable you will feel like crap for up to 6-8 weeks until things stabilize. I had to undergo dosage reduction from 150 to 84mg/week spread out over 6 months to try to bring down hematocrit. the last reduction was utter misery. I was close to as miserable as when I had low E2 and low T on a bad transdermal protocol with chrysin added (chrysin is a "naturally based" aromatase inhibitor). It tanked my E2, and I felt most of the symptoms you describe except water retention.

It is tempting to try to find a causative scapegoat for all negative symptoms, and if you make the wrong choice using anastrozole you may be in for a world of hurt.

And BTW, different guys react at different levels to anastrozole dosing. I take it now, I experience E2 symptoms at relatively low levels by Sensitive LC/MS/MS testing. I am generally OK around 25-30, but mid 30's start having trouble. Anastrozole at only 0.0625mg EOD (that's about 0.21mg per WEEK, less than your proposed single dose) is enough for me to bring E2 into that desired range. It reduces my numbers by around 5-10 points.

You'd be playing with fire on several counts:

-the non sensitive test tends to read high, so with your number at 29, you are probably not anywhere near high E2 by the numbers, you could even be low.
-your symptoms could be attributable to many other things
-0.25 is potentially a very hefty dose

And don't change multiple things at once. You asked about starting anastrozole plus increasing test dose. If you do both and things go worse, you won;t necessarily know which caused your problem. Better to change one thing at a time, wait 6-8 weeks, get labs, re-assess.

Last edited:

goga

You will crush your estrogen if you take the AI, this is what happens when a guy that has normal estrogen takes an AI. You don't even have the correct E2 test.

Hormone therapies such as TRT can be a slow process, progres is measured in months, 6-12 months to be exact.

I didn't feel good on SubQ, it can increase estrogen more versus IM in some men.

You should always attempt to lower the T dosage first to gain control of estrogen before resorting to an AI. I would rather go to everyday injections before using an AI.

How long has you been on this particular protocol?
I had been on 100 mg for a few months, then shifted to 25mg EOD and has been on it for a 2-3 months

goga

Your stated symptoms can come from many other things besides high estradiol. for example, how's your hematocrit? How about thyroid?

And how long have you waited for steady state after adjusting dosage? If you reduced dosage it is probable you will feel like crap for up to 6-8 weeks until things stabilize. I had to undergo dosage reduction from 150 to 84mg/week spread out over 6 months to try to bring down hematocrit. the last reduction was utter misery. I was close to as miserable as when I had low E2 and low T on a bad transdermal protocol with chrysin added (chrysin is a "naturally based" aromatase inhibitor). It tanked my E2, and I felt most of the symptoms you describe except water retention.

It is tempting to try to find a causative scapegoat for all negative symptoms, and if you make the wrong choice using anastrozole you may be in for a world of hurt.

And BTW, different guys react at different levels to anastrozole dosing. I take it now, I experience E2 symptoms at relatively low levels by Sensitive LC/MS/MS testing. I am generally OK around 25-30, but mid 30's start having trouble. Anastrozole at only 0.0625mg EOD (that's about 0.21mg per WEEK, less than your proposed single dose) is enough for me to bring E2 into that desired range. It reduces my numbers by around 5-10 points.

You'd be playing with fire on several counts:

-the non sensitive test tends to read high, so with your number at 29, you are probably not anywhere near high E2 by the numbers, you could even be low.
-your symptoms could be attributable to many other things
-0.25 is potentially a very hefty dose

And don't change multiple things at once. You asked about starting anastrozole plus increasing test dose. If you do both and things go worse, you won;t necessarily know which caused your problem. Better to change one thing at a time, wait 6-8 weeks, get labs, re-assess.
I have been on TRT for about 2 years now. My thyroid is fine, I checked TSH and free T3, T4. Hematocrit is fine. So, I am still looking for a benefit. So far, its been mostly side effects, with rare libido jumps.

Systemlord

I have been on TRT for about 2 years now. My thyroid is fine, I checked TSH and free T3, T4. Hematocrit is fine. So, I am still looking for a benefit. So far, its been mostly side effects, with rare libido jumps.

I lowered my dosage and libido and erections are getting better very early in my new protocol which doesn't usually happen so early on. I noticed as I get closer to my injection day, libido and erections seem to be improving, usually it's the other way around where erections are better on injection day and declining the next day.

If you come to an impasse, you might try lowering the dosage and see if libido improves, without the AI of course.

Last edited:

goga

I lowered my dosage and libido and erections are getting better very early in my new protocol which doesn't usually happen so early on. I noticed as I get closer to my injection day, libido and erections seem to be improving, usually it's the other way around where erections are better on injection day and declining the next day.

If you come to an impasse, you might try lowering the dosage and see if libido improves, without the AI of course.
ok, I may try 20 mg EOD. but, even on 25mg, FT was rather low...

Systemlord

lower to...80mg per week? Its less than 90 now. Such a low dosage is very uncommon
BTW, I have taken 0.25 mg EOD Armidex twice and feel better.

I'm doing 72mg weekly (18mg EOD), previously 20mg EOD and no AI. I'm going to lose significant body fat and then increase T dosage at a later date.

Low dosages are uncommon because guys are always chasing numbers.

goga

I'm doing 72mg weekly (18mg EOD), previously 20mg EOD and no AI. I'm going to lose significant body fat and then increase T dosage at a later date.

Low dosages are uncommon because guys are always chasing numbers.
difficult to manage it. how do you manage such a small dosages? I mean, what syringes do you use?

Systemlord

difficult to manage it. how do you manage such a small dosages? I mean, what syringes do you use?

Naturally I don't think I was higher than 600 ng/dL at any time in my life, acne starts becoming a problem in the 600's, at 500 ng/dL my Free T is at the top of the ranges. My 72mg weekly dosage is seeing my muscles getting harder quickly, I kid you not, I'm noticing muscles are a little harder each week.

I use Easy Touch 29 gauge insulin syringes, still have those 18 gauge syringes I was originally prescribed.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator

As you know many use 1ml (1cc) fixed insulin syringes (27/28/29 gauge most common) for trt whether injecting sub-q or i.m.

If you are injecting lower doses more frequently (daily/EOD) than using the .5 ml (.5cc) or even the .3ml (.3cc) fixed insulin syringes make it easier for some to read/measure accurate doses.

I was using the 1 ml BD U-100 28 gauge 1/2 inch needle length for a while after starting trt and eventually switched over to the .5 ml syringes and I can say that drawing is slightly faster with the .5ml syringe and the overall syringe size is more compact.....would never go back to the 1 ml.

EasyTouch Insulin Syringe 28 Gauge, .5cc, 1/2" -

100cthttps://www.healthwarehouse.com/ulticare-insulin-syringe-29-gauge-3-10cc-1-2-needle-100-count.html

TRUEplus Insulin Syringes - 29G .3cc 1/2" - BX 100 | TotalDiabetesSupply.Com | Total Diabetes Supply

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching