Analysis of Collagen Supplementation research

Buy Lab Tests Online
Rhonda Patrick has a nice science literature review about collagen supplementation here:

I find this interesting for joint health:

2 to 10 grams of hydrolyzed collagen per day for ten to 48 weeks decreased pain, stiffness, and functional limitations in five randomized placebo-controlled trials in people with osteoarthritis[30] 100 micrograms of chicken type II collagen once daily elicited significant decreases in pain, morning stiffness, tender joint count, and swollen joint count at 12 and 24 weeks in people with rheumatoid arthritis.[38]

And this sounds interesting to improve glucose and blood pressure (I found this surprising!):

Hydrolyzed collagen powder induced a notable decrease in HbA1c, a marker indicative of improved diabetic glucose control.
The participants who received hydrolyzed collagen had a 19.7 percent decrease in fasting blood glucose after three months of treatment compared to baseline. The participants who received a placebo had a slight 3 percent increase in fasting blood glucose. Additionally, HbA1c, a long term measure of blood glucose levels, decreased by 6.8 percent compared to baseline in the participants who supplemented with hydrolyzed collagen, while the participants who supplemented with the placebo saw a 1.7 percent increase in HbA1c levels compared to baseline. After three months, systolic blood pressure was significantly decreased in both groups of participants, but diastolic blood pressure significantly decreased by 5.7 percent compared to baseline, but only in the participants who supplemented with hydrolyzed collagen. Lastly, hydrolyzed collagen significantly reduced levels of plasma triglycerides, cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein, and free fatty acids, while increasing high-density lipoprotein at three months compared to baseline levels.[63]

Do you supplement with Hydrolyzed Collagen? If so:
1. How do you take it? What dosage do you use? Any recommended brand?
2. Do you anecdotally notice any improvements in joint health?
3. Have you measured any interesting changes in your HbA1c, fasted glucose, HDL, LDL or Triglycerides?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Yes, collagen will do little/nothing for muscle growth, whey and casein are king for that.

re joint health:
According to the studies in her page it seems at least 10 weeks (~3 months) are required for changes to become measurable/noticeable?

My wife and I are going to try this, but I don't know if it's any good yet or not. Any thoughts?

Anybody tried measuring lipids / joints results with collagen supplementation?

Forty2

I have tried it for weeks. No change in pain, soreness, etc. None

I had the same (disappointing) experience.
There has been a lot of talk lately about UC-II collagen being far superior to hydrolyzed collagen, glucosamine & chondroitin for the joints.
Have you tried it?

DorianGray

Glucosamine/chondroitin + MSM gives me some mild improvement in joint pain and flexibility, mainly applicable to my lumbar area which is the only joint pain I have (bad lift 36 years ago, some stenosis).

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me