Anabolics/hormones for nocturnal leg cramps?

Buy Lab Tests Online

evansjamesk

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this.

My wife gets debilitating nocturnal leg cramps nearly every night. Any muscle in her legs is prone to cramp. When cramping, they're rock-hard and sometimes last a half hour. We've tried everything that makes sense and some things that don't. Many different forms of magnesium, electrolytes, gabapentin, plenty of water, vinegar, apple cider vinegar, mustard, heat, DMSO, MSM, potassium... Occasionally we have someone who swears by a product, but nothing ever works for her.

It may be hereditary - her mother gets them too. Sometimes my wife has more than one muscle cramp at a time, and when they're opposing muscles she's really hurting. The cramps are unrelated to exercise and she drinks plenty of water all day. She's overweight and doesn't work out. We eat fairly sensibly. We have never found any pattern or trigger. I told her it's time to get off the reservation and try new things, hence I'm posting here. Would any anabolics or hormones help? She had kidney cancer five years ago and the doctor said she can't do hormone replacement therapy as it's linked to kidney cancer. She can't risk her remaining kidney. As an aside, I think the doctor was wrong - all my research found links between ORAL HRT, not topical.

When she's cramping there's nothing I can do. Massage doesn't help. Stretching doesn't help. It's hard for me to hear her crying and sometimes screaming and begging God to let it stop. We are SO open to suggestions.

TIA

Jim

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Oh man, I am so sorry. That sounds horrible. I have never heard about nandrolone or oxandrolone being used for that cramping.

Kidney cancer is not androgen dependent. Doctors think anabolics increase cancer. They don't.

Vince

Super Moderator
My wife also would get leg cramps at night. What we found, was magnesium water. It is really gets absorbed and gives you good magnesium levels. If you get diarrhea you may be taking too much. I would try it, hopefully it will help your wife. I'll see if I can find a good thread on it.

Vince

Super Moderator

fifty

Interesting

Magnesium water This simple recipe yields magnesium bicarbonate, a highly absorbable form of magnesium to restore tissue magnesium with least potential for diarrhea. A 4-ounce serving provides 90 mg of elemental magnesium; 4 ounces twice per day thereby adds an additional 180 mg of elemental magnesium to your diet. Note that the milk of magnesia must be unflavored, as flavorings block the reaction. Be sure to label your bottle to prevent any unexpected guzzling by someone (which results in diarrhea). Magnesium water does not need to be refrigerated if consumed within 1-2 weeks. 2 liter bottle of seltzer (not club soda) 3 tablespoons unflavored milk of magnesia Uncap the seltzer and pour off a few tablespoons. Shake the milk of magnesia, then pour out 3 tablespoons. (Most brands come with a handy little measuring cup.) Pour into the seltzer slowly. Cap securely, then shake until all sediment has dissolved. Allow to sit for 15 minutes and it will clarify. Drink 4 ounces twice per day. Label the bottle to keep others from inadvertently drinking it (and experiencing diarrhea by drinking too much). If rapid restoration of magnesium is desired, e.g., chronic migraine headaches or atrial fibrillation, I’ve had patients drink 8 ounces twice per day to provide 360 mg elemental magnesium per day. Just be aware that even this great preparation has potential to cause loose stools.

Vince

Super Moderator
Interesting

Magnesium water This simple recipe yields magnesium bicarbonate, a highly absorbable form of magnesium to restore tissue magnesium with least potential for diarrhea. A 4-ounce serving provides 90 mg of elemental magnesium; 4 ounces twice per day thereby adds an additional 180 mg of elemental magnesium to your diet. Note that the milk of magnesia must be unflavored, as flavorings block the reaction. Be sure to label your bottle to prevent any unexpected guzzling by someone (which results in diarrhea). Magnesium water does not need to be refrigerated if consumed within 1-2 weeks. 2 liter bottle of seltzer (not club soda) 3 tablespoons unflavored milk of magnesia Uncap the seltzer and pour off a few tablespoons. Shake the milk of magnesia, then pour out 3 tablespoons. (Most brands come with a handy little measuring cup.) Pour into the seltzer slowly. Cap securely, then shake until all sediment has dissolved. Allow to sit for 15 minutes and it will clarify. Drink 4 ounces twice per day. Label the bottle to keep others from inadvertently drinking it (and experiencing diarrhea by drinking too much). If rapid restoration of magnesium is desired, e.g., chronic migraine headaches or atrial fibrillation, I’ve had patients drink 8 ounces twice per day to provide 360 mg elemental magnesium per day. Just be aware that even this great preparation has potential to cause loose stools.
I do drink this magnesium water daily. I use GoodSense Milk of Magnesia (no preservatives) and Canfield's seltzer water. It's my orange juice! :)

Jason Sypolt

Administrator
What Nelson said, but keep in mind that androgens do affect the kidneys in various ways.

have you tried magnesium? It has been reported to help with various types of cramps.

arynne

My wife gets debilitating nocturnal leg cramps nearly every night. Any muscle in her legs is prone to cramp. When cramping, they're rock-hard and sometimes last a half hour. We've tried everything that makes sense and some things that don't. Many different forms of magnesium, electrolytes, gabapentin, plenty of water, vinegar, apple cider vinegar, mustard, heat, DMSO, MSM, potassium... Occasionally we have someone who swears by a product, but nothing ever works for her.

It may be hereditary - her mother gets them too. Sometimes my wife has more than one muscle cramp at a time, and when they're opposing muscles she's really hurting. The cramps are unrelated to exercise and she drinks plenty of water all day. She's overweight and doesn't work out. We eat fairly sensibly. We have never found any pattern or trigger. I told her it's time to get off the reservation and try new things, hence I'm posting here. Would any anabolics or hormones help? She had kidney cancer five years ago and the doctor said she can't do hormone replacement therapy as it's linked to kidney cancer. She can't risk her remaining kidney. As an aside, I think the doctor was wrong - all my research found links between ORAL HRT, not topical.

When she's cramping there's nothing I can do. Massage doesn't help. Stretching doesn't help. It's hard for me to hear her crying and sometimes screaming and begging God to let it stop. We are SO open to suggestions.

TIA

Jim
Hi Jim,
Suggest she try calcium tablets if you have not already tried. Also raising bed clothes off legs with cage might help. This may be a vascular problem and can be difficult to solve. May need circulation checked out using doppler.

Andrew Rynne. www.medicaladviceforyou.com

JohnTaylorHK

It seems you have already tried magnesium, though I would say that there is a lot of variation in both the chemical formulation, bio-availability and personal reaction. I use Magnesium Citrate, and find it works OK. About a year ago I had very bad cramping at night, and was often unable to walk comfortably down the stairs in the morning. It was as if there was permanent stiffness in my back and legs. I found that adding Boron to my diet almost completely cured all of that. It is a bit off the wall, but there are many references to its efficacy in these cases. I bought some technical grade (no-one sells food-grade!) Sodium Tetraborate Decahydrate, AKA Borax. I mix one teaspoon in one liter of drinking water and shake well. Label that bottle and keep it away from kids. Put one tablespoonful of that solution in your one liter drinking bottle, and consume that each day. If symptoms go away, you can opt to reduce the the dose to one teaspoon of solution in one litre of water per day. It's well worth using those little plastic cooking measures, as the size of teaspoons, and particularly tablespoons, vary greatly. Best of luck to your wife. Namaste.

JanSz

1589396754474.png

Ironhead

TIA

Jim
Has she tried drinking pickle juice? My girlfriend gets cramps on her legs, and she drinks pickle juice, and also rubs it on her legs.Seems to work for her! Good luck

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me