Anabolic Steroids: A Medical Perspective

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
Dr. Shalender Bhasin – Anabolic Steroids: A Medical Perspective

10:25-17:18 SIDE EFFECTS: LONG-TERM HIGH DOSE AAS

17:20-23:24 TRT (blood testing using reliable and accurate assays/signs and symptoms)

24:10-29:43 BODY IMAGE

*19:18-20:03 This is critical

*20:04-21:35 Most of us would disagree on seeking out an endocrinologist

*25:47-29:43 @Nelson Vergel.....I have to say he truly hit the nail on the head with this one!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I worked with him as a community advisor for these studies:

madman

Super Moderator
I worked with him as a community advisor for these studies:

He has been involved in numerous studies and has over 200 published papers over the last 2 decades and has contributed greatly to the field of endocrinology and andrology.

Everyone remembers this groundbreaking study: NEJM

THE EFFECTS OF SUPRAPHYSIOLOGIC DOSES OF TESTOSTERONE ON MUSCLE SIZE AND STRENGTH IN NORMAL MEN (1996)

SHALENDER BHASIN, M.D., THOMAS W. STORER, PH.D., NANCY BERMAN, PH.D., CARLOS CALLEGARI, M.D., BRENDA CLEVENGER, B.A., JEFFREY PHILLIPS, M.D., THOMAS J. BUNNELL, B.A., RAY TRICKER, PH.D., AIDA SHIRAZI, R.PH., AND RICHARD CASABURI, PH.D., M.D

Sides

Dr. Shalender Bhasin – Anabolic Steroids: A Medical Perspective

10:25-17:18 SIDE EFFECTS: LONG-TERM HIGH DOSE AAS

17:20-23:24 TRT (blood testing using reliable and accurate assays/signs and symptoms)

24:10-29:43 BODY IMAGE

*19:18-20:03 This is critical

*20:04-21:35 Most of us would disagree on seeking out an endocrinologist

*25:47-29:43 @Nelson Vergel.....I have to say he truly hit the nail on the head with this one!

Doctor Bhasin is my endocrinologist in Boston. He's a very nice and kind and decent man, but also very conservative regarding test/steroid use, would prefer that everyone use the minimum dose of testosterone possible, recommends 100mg per week. He would not be in favor of most of the more, shall we say, experimental or adventurous methods and interventions that many try, in this forum and elsewhere.

He certainly has been a groundbreaking, innovative, and influential researcher in the field of androgens. Whether he would be the best TRT doctor for a man would depend very much on the patient.

But certainly a kind and decent man.

I haven't had the chance to watch the entire video yet, but thanks for posting and I look forward to watching more of it as soon as I have the time.

Wilson7

I have considerable respect for Dr Bhasin, he was publishing cutting edge research on T in dosing up to 600 mg/wk when I was still in grad school. He is very conservative, a little surprising considering the work he has done in the field. The point he makes about the majority of users and cosmetic use is very true. Yet their use for actual performance enhancement is the primary reason they were made CIII against the recommendation of the AMA and DEA. It all started with Ben Johnson in 1988 and save all the young athletes. Go to http://www.monitoringthefuture.org/pubs/monographs/mtf-vol2_2019.pdf to get an overview of steroid use in young people, it has been and remains to be very small, and infinitesimal relative to other drugs of abuse. The reality is, young or old, we want to be what we want to be. To suggest that we should just be happy with who we are is not realistic, it will never be realistic. The issue is not black and white. I would imagine that many on this board would not qualify for HRT under Dr Bhasin's 2018 Clinical Practice Guidelines Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism: An Endocrine Society * Clinical Practice Guideline and would not enjoy the QOL they do without it. There is a middle road, one where medical oversight and harm reduction would better serve everyone. However I never see that ever happening in America. Yet, we want to legalize pot for recreational use. I'll take 100 bodybuilders on steroids or guys on HRT around me during morning rush hour on the freeway or flying the commercial jet I'm on vs the same folks that just spent a night getting high.

Last edited:

Sides

I have considerable respect for Dr Bhasin, he was publishing cutting edge research on T in dosing up to 600 mg/wk when I was still in grad school. He is very conservative, a little surprising considering the work he has done in the field. The point he makes about the majority of users and cosmetic use is very true. Yet their use for actual performance enhancement is the primary reason they were made CIII against the recommendation of the AMA and DEA. It all started with Ben Johnson in 1988 and save all the young athletes. Go to http://www.monitoringthefuture.org/pubs/monographs/mtf-vol2_2019.pdf to get an overview of steroid use in young people, it has been and remains to be very small, and infinitesimal relative to other drugs of abuse. The reality is, young or old, we want to be what we want to be. To suggest that we should just be happy with who we are is not realistic, it will never be realistic. The issue is not black and white. I would imagine that many on this board would not qualify for HRT under Dr Bhasin's 2018 Clinical Practice Guidelines Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism: An Endocrine Society * Clinical Practice Guideline and would not enjoy the QOL they do without it. There is a middle road, one where medical oversight and harm reduction would better serve everyone. However I never see that ever happening in America. Yet, we want to legalize pot for recreational use. I'll take 100 bodybuilders on steroids or guys on HRT around me during morning rush hour on the freeway or flying the commercial jet I'm on vs the same folks that just spent a night getting high.

I agree with you 100%. There is a middle road or happy medium in between the minimalist approach to TRT, or just allowing or legalizing everything. While there are dangers to using larger amounts of testosterone and other anabolic steroids, the dangers are minimal compared to many other recreational drugs, and the side effects relatively easily managed, as long as the level of abuse is not excessive. The idea that testosterone and other anabolic steroids are Schedule III, while highly addictive drugs like the benzodiazepines are only Schedule IV, and a potentially lethal drug like alcohol is freely available over the counter to every adult over 21, is patently absurd. Alcohol causes far more death and societal harm than any other drug, and yet it is far less regulated.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me