Am I paying a fair price for penile injections?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Bentiger07

Excelmale,
I received bimix from my doctor who has his own lab to make it. I was told it's a 12.8mL vial of:
30 mg/cc Papaverine
3.3 mg/cc Phentolamine (I googled around a bit and haven't see anyone mix in this much phentolamine, so it's a high concentration)

I paid $325 for it. I usually need about 0.45cc a dose, which means it'll last me for about 28.4 doses. The math comes out to $11.44 a dose, when I get 20mg of tadalafil for about $1. Granted, the bimix works better and no noticed side effects that tadalafil can bring... but since it's 11x more expensive than a max tadalafil dose, it's hard to justify.

Is that a good price or am I getting ripped off? If not, where can I get better deals for penile injections that serves the NY/CT/NJ area.

Although unsure, I believe trimix is the most popular penile injection medication since I hear about it most. He didn't go with trimix because I got some aches from the PGE-1 that's added in. However, I'm willing to see if I can graduate to trimix with low amount of PGE-1 mixed in.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Bentiger07

I use them for 1 prescription at the moment. No complaints, but I was looking for advice on if I’m paying a decent price or not compared to others (and if not, where i can get a good price if known). Not necessarily where to find a pharmacy.

Regular pharmacies or goodrx, I usually get a price. When I called a compounding pharmacy once before (hallandale), they couldnt give me prices so i assume other compounding pharmacies are the same. Doctor has to set up an account with them and then I’d get a price. Hence, why I’m having trouble to find out if I’m paying a good price for a compounded product that varies. Hard to ask a doctor to help me shop around with compounding pharmacies, especially when he has one in house.

Cataceous

Super Moderator

Bentiger07

Thank you. Glad that Defy's transparent about prices (many places aren't). I suppose it's still hard to compare if I'm getting a good price since the compounded formulas offered by Defy are all different than what I received... but going based on some inexperienced guessing with the data provided, I think I'm just slightly overpaying.

Bentiger07

My current dr treating ED and T has a lab for blood draws. Although unsure, I also believe a limited compounding lab as well as I received the bimix directly from them, but not T or HCG. Dr. Michael Werner of Michael A. Werner, MD - Board Certified Urologist | Maze Men's Health | (NY/NJ/CT)

They wanted me to get the penile injections thru them but I suppose I can ask for a script if it made sense. They had me get my T from goodrx (walgreens $39 for a 200mg/ml 10ml) which I know is a great deal, and HCG from any place I wish so I chose. Since I didn't know how to shop around for HCG, I told them to pick one but mentioned the only place I knew about at the time, Empower (they negotiated 6000IU for about $63 after shipping). Don't care too much about shopping around for HCG since I barely use it.

Still testing MazeMensHealth out to see how good they are but I believe they are on the expensive side (insurance not accepted). If I feel they don't have experience (most important) or prices significantly higher, I may go with Defy or someone in NY that comes well recommended and accepts insurance. I'll look carefully later only if I find I'm unsatisfied with current doctor, but so far the only other decent doctor I heard about near NY/CT/NJ that has ED/TRT experience and accepts insurance is Dr Michael Rotman.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching