Am I hypothyroid?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Alive

fT3 2.92 in 2-4.4
THS 1.18 in 0.27-4.2

Interestingly before going on TRT my THS was 2.25 in 0.358-3.74.
I got a body thermometer and it measured 96.6 at this time (noon) which is considered low.

I read that low body temperature means that your body does not produce enough energy and hypothyroidism is one possible cause. I had my CoQ10 level (which is involved in energy production) measured last year and it was very suboptimal. Supplementing didn't help much with my fatigue.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

captain

I think you check temperature when you wake up before you get out of bed. For what labs you posted they look normal.

I agree with Sean, labs are incomplete but sufficient to re-test to verify especially reverse T3, the Free T3 is next to the bottom of the lab range. "in range" is not good and this is not good advice:

For what labs you posted they look normal.

TSH
Free T4
Free T3
Antibodies
Reverse T3

Alive

I agree that "in range" doesn't mean much. I did the full panel in the summer and January. Here is the latter:

thyroid 1.png

thyr 2.png

Last year around this time doctor prescribed me Armour which was helpful but made me anxious and irritable as well. This time he suggested I take Synthroid but I'm hesitant as it has withdrawal effects.

Sean Mosher

I think most would recommend NDT with your FreeT3 where it is.
What dose did your doc start you on?
Maybe it was titrated up too quickly, which could have caused those symptoms you mentioned.
It's another aspect of hormones where you start low and titrate up slowly until symptoms are gone.

Alive

It was 30mg of desiccated thyroid.
Now that I think about it my thyroglobulin antibody looks suspicious. I mean <1 can mean anything.

Sean Mosher

Well, that's a pretty reasonable starting dose, 1/2grain.
Hopefully some other well versed thyroid guys can chime in.
Only other thing I could think of would be cortisol issues.
Did you have that tested?

MarcoFL

You have a RT3 problem if you are at 16.3! I would look at going on T3 only until you can figure out what is causing it? Low Iron-4 lab panels? or low or high cortisol? I just went from using 4 grains of Armour to 1 grain per day and 25mcg T3 3X per day for a total of 75. My RT3 started at 10 then went to 15 then 20. I cannot ever make T4 of any type work.

Bernie

fT3 2.92 in 2-4.4
THS 1.18 in 0.27-4.2

Interestingly before going on TRT my THS was 2.25 in 0.358-3.74.
I got a body thermometer and it measured 96.6 at this time (noon) which is considered low.

I read that low body temperature means that your body does not produce enough energy and hypothyroidism is one possible cause. I had my CoQ10 level (which is involved in energy production) measured last year and it was very suboptimal. Supplementing didn't help much with my fatigue.

Your Thyroid Stimulating Hormone is TOO LOW. Plain and simple.....YOU DO NOT HAVE HYPOTHYROIDISM

apsjiml

Free t3 is the only biologically active form of thyroid. Most healthy individuals have a free t3 level in the upper portion of the range (3.5 to 3.8) somewhere in there. I would gain weight with levels like that. I honestly do not know anyone that feels good with levels like that. TSH is not a thyroid hormone , t4 is a storage hormone. I don't know if you are secondary hypogonadism or not, that looks like central hypothyroidism to me. I would be testing hashimoto's antibodies if it were me. I would also be testing a full iron panel as iron helps with deiodinase (thyroid conversion) and to help deliver thyroid into the cells. I would also be testing cortisol am cortisol and acth serum. The human body can for a long time maintain temp as designed by increasing adrenaline and other things as it was designed to do. Hypothyroidism symptoms linger despite medication use, normal blood tests

apsjiml

I agree that "in range" doesn't mean much. I did the full panel in the summer and January. Here is the latter:

View attachment 7559
View attachment 7560

Last year around this time doctor prescribed me Armour which was helpful but made me anxious and irritable as well. This time he suggested I take Synthroid but I'm hesitant as it has withdrawal effects.
That is a conversion issue or possibly a conversion issue, you would figure that out pretty quick if you tried to add in a combo t4/t3 thyroid and reverse t3 went up. Often this is from many things, inflammation, low testosterone, low growth hormone, low iron as these things help with deiodinase. Deiodinases - National Academy of Hypothyroidism

Alive

Free t3 is the only biologically active form of thyroid. Most healthy individuals have a free t3 level in the upper portion of the range (3.5 to 3.8) somewhere in there. I would gain weight with levels like that. I honestly do not know anyone that feels good with levels like that. TSH is not a thyroid hormone , t4 is a storage hormone. I don't know if you are secondary hypogonadism or not, that looks like central hypothyroidism to me. I would be testing hashimoto's antibodies if it were me. I would also be testing a full iron panel as iron helps with deiodinase (thyroid conversion) and to help deliver thyroid into the cells. I would also be testing cortisol am cortisol and acth serum. The human body can for a long time maintain temp as designed by increasing adrenaline and other things as it was designed to do. Hypothyroidism symptoms linger despite medication use, normal blood tests

I don't feel well. My iron level is near the top of the normal range. My salivary cortisol is suboptimal but my ACTH was 33.3 in 7.2-63.3.
I did ACTH stimulation test too.

Alive

Yeah my THS looks too low and as I said it has decreased since I went on TRT. And rT3 looks evelated too. But then what?

I've read that high E2 can cause hypothyroidism. My E2 has almost tripled since going on TRT.

I'm gonna see a local endocrinologist. I don't trust my TRT clinic with my thyroid. Although I'm afraid the local doctor may tell me "Your levels are normal lolz!"

apsjiml

I don't feel well. My iron level is near the top of the normal range. My salivary cortisol is suboptimal but my ACTH was 33.3 in 7.2-63.3.
#1 a acth serum of 35 or less along with low cortisol can often indicate possible secondary adrenal insufficiency. The acth stim test is the wrong test for that and can be misleading for identifying secondary adrenal insufficiency. For SAI you need a ITT or metyrapone stim test. ACTH testing may be ‘misleading’ in identifying adrenal insufficiency
Evaluation of the Integrity of the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis by Insulin Hypoglycemia Test 1

apsjiml

As far as iron , serum iron does not tell you much. You need a full iron panel if you have not had one with saturation and ferritin. Saturation should be 25 to 35% and ferritin should be closer to 70 for Deiodinase activity (thyroid conversion from t4 into the active free t3)

Alive

My ferritin was at the top too but I'll get a full thyroid and iron panel next time. One question for me is which one of thyroid or adrenals are more fundamental. I mean which one should be treated first. My doctor suggested I take A-drenal capsules but it has ingredients that make me feel bad such as ashwaganda.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me