Am I a candidate for trt?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Dave1

I'm 45 years old and have low energy, low libido, losing strength in the gym, no drive, etc. I had my labs done and consulted with a telemed trt clinic. Total T: 401 Free T: 11 Estradiol Sensitive: 16.5 SHBG:33.7 LH:3.4 DHEA: 236 TSH: 1.96
I lift weights 3 days a week, do cardio/bodyweight exercises 2 times a week. I eat a fairly clean diet, sleep 8 hours a night, don't smoke or drink.
Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts/input.
Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
You are a candidate, if you did do Labs early in the morning. You probably need to find a good Clinic.

Dave1

You are a candidate, if you did do Labs early in the morning. You probably need to find a good Clinic.
Thanks. Yeah, I'm in contact with a clinic but was concerned that they are just saying "yes" because they are "for-profit." Also, concerned about side effects. Seems like a lot of guys have challenges this way from what I have been reading. Thanks again for your reply.

Vince

Super Moderator
Yes there are many challenges with trt. Read over threads before you decide. It's a lifetime commitment.

Vince

Super Moderator

Systemlord

The estrogen is low as well, could easily cause fatigue and eventually osteoporosis. I have seen men with estrogen in the mid teens before at the time if their diagnosis.

Golfboy307

You were close to my hormone numbers and age when it hit me. I was in the 350-450 range, but had higher SHBG so lower free T (around 8 or so). I had all of your symptoms, plus some ED. I was pretty miserable, despite lots of exercise, clean diet etc.

Lets put it this way: at 45, barring a miracle, these numbers are NOT GOING TO GET BETTER, ONLY WORSE AS YOU AGE. As Vince mentioned, you don't want to rush into TRT but for many guys it is a fantastic option. It is a commitment and will require tweaking. I am on Test Cyp only (no HCG or AI) and have found a groove with my current protocol.

If you decide to take the plunge: find a good doctor that is more than just a cash hungry T mill. This includes: some urologists, other providers like Defy, Body Logic (I am with them) Prime Body, etc. Shop around. Find a provider that cares about your overall health. Do a full thyroid panel (your TSH is creeping up there).

Hope that helps. Been on TRT for 5 years and am turning 53. Wish I would have started even earlier.

Dave1

You were close to my hormone numbers and age when it hit me. I was in the 350-450 range, but had higher SHBG so lower free T (around 8 or so). I had all of your symptoms, plus some ED. I was pretty miserable, despite lots of exercise, clean diet etc.

Lets put it this way: at 45, barring a miracle, these numbers are NOT GOING TO GET BETTER, ONLY WORSE AS YOU AGE. As Vince mentioned, you don't want to rush into TRT but for many guys it is a fantastic option. It is a commitment and will require tweaking. I am on Test Cyp only (no HCG or AI) and have found a groove with my current protocol.

If you decide to take the plunge: find a good doctor that is more than just a cash hungry T mill. This includes: some urologists, other providers like Defy, Body Logic (I am with them) Prime Body, etc. Shop around. Find a provider that cares about your overall health. Do a full thyroid panel (your TSH is creeping up there).

Hope that helps. Been on TRT for 5 years and am turning 53. Wish I would have started even earlier.
This does help. Thanks for sharing. I have tried to tweak my diet, sleep, changed workouts, over the counter t-bosting supplements (learned fast they don't work). Anyway, I really appreciate the information. Do you know if there are any very long term users... 30 years plus that have benefited or can you recommend a link? Just thinking over the long term aspect and, assuming, I live another 30 - 35 years... can T be taken that long without consequences (stroke, heart attack, etc.). Thanks.

Tdizzle

I'm 45 years old and have low energy, low libido, losing strength in the gym, no drive, etc. I had my labs done and consulted with a telemed trt clinic. Total T: 401 Free T: 11 Estradiol Sensitive: 16.5 SHBG:33.7 LH:3.4 DHEA: 236 TSH: 1.96
I lift weights 3 days a week, do cardio/bodyweight exercises 2 times a week. I eat a fairly clean diet, sleep 8 hours a night, don't smoke or drink.
Thanks.

i would hold off as long as I could. If your still able to function sexually and your happy, I would wait. It’s not all it’s cracked up to be.

Vince

Super Moderator
You could try low dose enclomiphene. We have a few threads on it, it may be something that you're interested in?

Ronnny

Just thinking over the long term aspect and, assuming, I live another 30 - 35 years... can T be taken that long without consequences (stroke, heart attack, etc.). Thanks.

I think long term TRT is safe as long as someone is on a clean diet, keep an eye on lipid panel, hematocrit level, PSA level etc.

Tdizzle

I personally wouldn’t do it. I wish I could go back and do it all over, I never would have taken it. Everything I was told wouldn’t happen end up happening.

Ronnny

I personally wouldn’t do it. I wish I could go back and do it all over, I never would have taken it. Everything I was told wouldn’t happen end up happening.

May I know why you are regreting starting TRT? Is it because it's hardfor you to get off TRT or too many side effects for you?

Tdizzle

May I know why you are regreting starting TRT? Is it because it's hardfor you to get off TRT or too many side effects for you?

The side effects were not worth the outcome and now it’s too late to take it back. My doctor told me that all the side effects you hear about relating to TRT were not true and there are studies to prove it.
basically everything that my doctor said wouldn’t happen, happened. I’m 39 and taking BPH Medicine now. Mentally and sexually I think I became worse on TRT and now I have no idea if my natural production will ever return. My hair fell out , prostate slightly enlarged , my balls shrunk, developed gyno. I thought I was In bad shape before starting TRT , I’m far worse now. This is all within 2 years mind you.
I know people are going to say I had a inexperienced doctor or I was doing something wrong but everything he was doing for me was right in line with the things I see being said right on this forum. He was even personally trained by Dr. Shippen so he was more than competent.

arynne

Thanks.

arynne

The best way to answer this is to go on a trial of TRT. Blood levels will tell you nothing. It is how you feel that's important. My feeling is that once you go on TRT you will quickly see the the point.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me