Alternative to Anastrozole?

Buy Lab Tests Online

MovingMountains

Hi everyone,

Been following my protocol of injecting once every 4 days with a half inch insulin syringe, intramuscularly into my legs, around the quads mostly. Sometimes into my glutes. I inject 50mg each time. I also inject 500iu of HCG every time I inject testosterone, but into my stomach subq. I also take 50mg of Zinc nightly. After over 12 weeks my results were as follows:

(drawn on day 3)

Testosterone, Serum: 552 Range: 264-916 ng/dL
Testosterone, Free: 20.3 Range: 5-21 ng/dL
% Free Testosterone: 3.68 Range: 1.5-4.2 %

PSA: 0.3 Range: 0-4 ng/mL
IGF-1: 176 Range: 115-355 ng/mL

Estradiol, Sensitive: 36.7 Range: 8-35 pg/mL

I'm very happy with this lab work, it's the best I've ever had and I felt very good during it. However, my E2 is still elevated and this is 3 days post injection. I'd like to bring it down some. I tried anastrozole at an extremely low dose of roughly .125 mg (yes, that low) the day of injection. This might seem absurd but I immediately felt awful. My sex drive decreased, my mood decreased, and most worryingly my body felt terrible. I felt like my veins were under extreme pressure and I'd "pop". I noticed my heart rate and breathing were off too. I did some digging online and discovered that a potiential side effect of anastrozole is high blood pressure. I know how crazy it sounds to have such a small dose do that but I stopped taking it and after 2 weeks I feel normal again. My body just does not like that drug. I don't want to risk taking it again plus I truly can't go any lower in dose.

Anyways, is there an alternative drug I could take that would not raise my blood pressure like anastrozole? Even better, is there a natural supplement I can take to lower my E2? I already take 50mg of Zinc. I lift, eat fairly healthy including veggies, and will be cutting fat later this year which I know help reduce the estrogen.

Thanks Guys

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

So 100% of the replies are gonna be that you don’t need an ai at all. Your E2 is literally perfect, especially if you feel good. So no need to even worry about lowering it. Just consider yourself lucky that you have such a great level of E2. I’d kill for that level without an ai, while concurrently having such a great free testosterone level. I’m jealous to be honest lol.

Oh, and the reason you feel awful after taking even a low dose of anastrozole is because it’s driving your E2 too low, it’s not because of the drug itself. Ai’s can be a lot stronger than people think. I’ve tanked my E2 more than a few times while taking very low doses.

MovingMountains

I'm definitely more of a "how it feels" guy rather than a numbers guy, however it does concern me a little that it's outside the normal range near the end of the week. I'm worried that it's jacked up higher on the day I actually inject. I don't want it in the 40's.

I've been able to have my E2 lower, in the 20's, when I've done subq injections, had lower bodyfat, and was on keto. (The subq injections just didn't work for me but I'll return to the diet later)

So I feel like I could potentially still get it to a better level without going too low. But I hear ya on what you're saying. That makes sense then with the AI. I appreciate your insight. And thank you, it's been a very very long battle to get a good protocol lol.Any thoughts on pumpkin seed oil?

CoastWatcher

I'm definitely more of a "how it feels" guy rather than a numbers guy, however it does concern me a little that it's outside the normal range near the end of the week. I'm worried that it's jacked up higher on the day I actually inject. I don't want it in the 40's.

I've been able to have my E2 lower, in the 20's, when I've done subq injections, had lower bodyfat, and was on keto. (The subq injections just didn't work for me but I'll return to the diet later)

So I feel like I could potentially still get it to a better level without going too low. But I hear ya on what you're saying. That makes sense then with the AI. I appreciate your insight. And thank you, it's been a very very long battle to get a good protocol lol.Any thoughts on pumpkin seed oil?
You're playing a number's game - and that's understandable. So much effort put into regaining your health, to selecting all the right protocol elements, you want to see that work reflected in your test results. Step back and take a breath.

The goal in this journey is to feel better. You've acknowledged that you do feel good, but once you looked at that lab report you began to worry. By God, you want a better number. If you feel good at a trough of 36.7, that's what works for you. Estradiol needs to be managed in a reasonable fashion; it is a necessary hormone that men absolutely need for cognitive, sexual, and skeletal health.

You have done just that - managed it reasonably. Congratulations. Enjoy your success.

Last edited:

MovingMountains

You hit the nail on the head and I couldn't agree more - you understand. I'm gonna follow both of your guys' advice and do just that. Thank you both for your insightful responses and help. It's gonna be strange not feeling the need to tweak my protocol much anymore haha

CoastWatcher

You hit the nail on the head and I couldn't agree more - you understand. I'm gonna follow both of your guys' advice and do just that. Thank you both for your insightful responses and help. It's gonna be strange not feeling the need to tweak my protocol much anymore haha
It is always a temptation to want to "fix" a number; I have felt that pull.

madman

Super Moderator
Hi everyone,

Been following my protocol of injecting once every 4 days with a half inch insulin syringe, intramuscularly into my legs, around the quads mostly. Sometimes into my glutes. I inject 50mg each time. I also inject 500iu of HCG every time I inject testosterone, but into my stomach subq. I also take 50mg of Zinc nightly. After over 12 weeks my results were as follows:

(drawn on day 3)

Testosterone, Serum: 552 Range: 264-916 ng/dL
Testosterone, Free: 20.3 Range: 5-21 ng/dL
% Free Testosterone: 3.68 Range: 1.5-4.2 %

PSA: 0.3 Range: 0-4 ng/mL
IGF-1: 176 Range: 115-355 ng/mL

Estradiol, Sensitive: 36.7 Range: 8-35 pg/mL

I'm very happy with this lab work, it's the best I've ever had and I felt very good during it. However, my E2 is still elevated and this is 3 days post injection. I'd like to bring it down some. I tried anastrozole at an extremely low dose of roughly .125 mg (yes, that low) the day of injection. This might seem absurd but I immediately felt awful. My sex drive decreased, my mood decreased, and most worryingly my body felt terrible. I felt like my veins were under extreme pressure and I'd "pop". I noticed my heart rate and breathing were off too. I did some digging online and discovered that a potiential side effect of anastrozole is high blood pressure. I know how crazy it sounds to have such a small dose do that but I stopped taking it and after 2 weeks I feel normal again. My body just does not like that drug. I don't want to risk taking it again plus I truly can't go any lower in dose.

Anyways, is there an alternative drug I could take that would not raise my blood pressure like anastrozole? Even better, is there a natural supplement I can take to lower my E2? I already take 50mg of Zinc. I lift, eat fairly healthy including veggies, and will be cutting fat later this year which I know help reduce the estrogen.

Thanks Guys

Why would you even want to attempt lowering your e2 if you state "it's the best I've ever had and I felt very good during it" forget worrying about the number as not only are you not experiencing any high e2 sides but most importantly you feel great on such protocol!

Do you have lower SHBG as your FT level is very good for a TT of 552 ng/dL?

There's more to the E2 number, I'm glad to see madman mention SHBG and your TT/FT levels. As stressed by my friends here look past the number...if you feel good and sexual performance is good, it's just a number on a piece of paper.

Gman86

I understand that you feel like your E2 is on the higher end, but if it makes you feel any better, there’s research to show that higher E2 levels may have a ton of beneficial effects. Many of the top doctors in the hormone optimization field actually prefer E2 levels to be more than double your current level. So you are nowhere near a dangerously high level of E2. A lot of top doctors would prefer that you had a higher E2 to be be honest. So hopefully that puts your mind at ease a little. At the end of the day, all that matters is how you feel anyways. A few of those top doctors actually don’t even test E2 at all. They go by other hormone levels, and mostly how the patient feels and what symptoms they may be experiencing. But one thing I can guarantee you, is that your E2 is just fine, and tweaking it would 100% be a mistake. But you seem like you understand, and are very appreciative and receptive to the advice from everyone here, so you’ll be just fine. Just enjoy the fact that you feel so good, and are probably pretty dialed in already it sounds like.

HealthMan

E2D instead of E4D should bring you E2 down without the need of an AI. Although I am not of a believer in the theory that as long as you feel good numbers don’t count these levels are nothing to worry about. Feeling good doesn’t mean something is not going on behind the scenes that might eventually bit you in the S years from now

Last edited:

Gman86

I can verify with labs that I feel far better when my E2 is above the normal range. Even tiny doses of an AI have a very bad effect. You may be the same. This just confirms what others have said: don't chase numbers, chase wellness.

What is your SHBG usually at? And where does your E2 usually land when it’s above range?

MovingMountains

Thanks everyone for the continued feedback and for chiming in. Sorry for the late reply, I was away ice fishing for the weekend.

madman asked about my SHBG levels, and although I've gotten them tested twice, I can't recall what they were currently. Something I'm definitely going to do in the future out of curiosity again.

I'm so happy that it's unanimous that my E2 is not something I need to worry about tweaking more. I'm gonna save this thread for myself to look back on; I learned a lot and I hope anyone else lurking can read this and take something away too. I'd like to thank everyone for responding and being so helpful!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me