Alternating Subq and Shallow IM

Buy Lab Tests Online

jronly11

Hi guys I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to alternate subq and shallow IM on a daily protocol. I inject daily 20mg subq in the belly and I want to give it a break. I was thinking subq one day and shallow IM the next. I use exel 28g 1/2". Would that needle size be alright for shallow IM in the delts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HealthMan

Alternate subq sites. I did that when i tried daily injection. For me IM and Subq absorption are totally different and the rate of absorption is different too. So in my opinion not a good idea

Vince

Super Moderator

DixieWrecked

I'm still in the middle of my journey too but I have started to realize that over complicating things was a hurdle I had to get over. Also, I learned that patience is key. I used to have about 1 month worth of patience. That's just not enough

slicktop

Subq quad, every day. No aspirating, feel absolutely nothing 75% of the time, and my stiff shoulders don't have to struggle to get to some weird spot.

Also, unless you're under 10% body fat, the chances of you hitting IM whatsoever with a 1/2" needle are pretty damn slim.

antelopers

Subq quad, every day. No aspirating, feel absolutely nothing 75% of the time, and my stiff shoulders don't have to struggle to get to some weird spot.

Also, unless you're under 10% body fat, the chances of you hitting IM whatsoever with a 1/2" needle are pretty damn slim.
This really depends on your fat distribution. Even when I'm above 15 percent body fat I can easily get a 1/2 inch needle IM into my quad, I never store fat there.

slicktop

This really depends on your fat distribution. Even when I'm above 15 percent body fat I can easily get a 1/2 inch needle IM into my quad, I never store fat there.
Well, not being argumentative, but there's zero published literature recommending a 1/2" syringe for an IM shot. Syringe manufacturers, medication specs, pharmacists, pretty much everyone considers 1" the minimum to get to muscle for common injection sites. Just to ask, how do you actually know you're getting into muscle in your quad?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Well, not being argumentative, but there's zero published literature recommending a 1/2" syringe for an IM shot. Syringe manufacturers, medication specs, pharmacists, pretty much everyone considers 1" the minimum to get to muscle for common injection sites. Just to ask, how do you actually know you're getting into muscle in your quad?
Official recommendations would need to account for people who have a lot of subcutaneous fat. But my experience is like @antelopers', in that I'd hit muscle anywhere in the arms and legs with a 1/2" needle.

antelopers

Because my skin there is thin with almost no fat underneath, and the muscle on my vastus lateralis is very dense and offers a lot of resistance once the needle hits it.

fifty

You could always just push in harder/further. It’s muscle not marble.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me