Allergic reaction to test proprionate?

Buy Lab Tests Online

stx359

I've been using 15 mg of test prop daily for a few weeks now. I rotate between six injection sites. Lab values are right where I want them to be. I am kind of a stoic so I tend to ignore side effects but I finally realized yesterday that all six of my injection sites are achy and/or inflamed and one is downright painful. Has anyone ever heard of someone being allergic to test prop - or more likely the oil base used in test prop? I used test cyp for years with none of these issues. Today I am feeling run down, achy and lethargic - unheard of for me - as if I am fighting something off.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I have in the past noticed more significant injection site reactions with propionate than with enanthate or cypionate. Some kind of inflammatory response is certainly possible, whether or not it's a true allergic reaction. Interestingly, in the few months since I started using palmitoylethanolamide my injection site reactions have virtually disappeared. It could be a coincidence, but PEA does dampen the activity of mast cells, which could be a factor in these reactions.

madman

Super Moderator
I've been using 15 mg of test prop daily for a few weeks now. I rotate between six injection sites. Lab values are right where I want them to be. I am kind of a stoic so I tend to ignore side effects but I finally realized yesterday that all six of my injection sites are achy and/or inflamed and one is downright painful. Has anyone ever heard of someone being allergic to test prop - or more likely the oil base used in test prop? I used test cyp for years with none of these issues. Today I am feeling run down, achy and lethargic - unheard of for me - as if I am fighting something off.

It can be related to the excipients/carrier oils used but is most likely due to:

*the very short carbon chain of the propionic acid ester, which can be irritating to tissues at the site of injection

Willyt

Is the prop oil different from the Cypionate you were using?

Also what is your source? I use Empower prop and have never had site irritation except for subq. But I have read many anecdotal reports of prop stinging when purchased from online sources.

Fortunate

Watch these injection sites closely and make sure they don’t become increasingly red or painful. You could have a contaminated vile and may be giving yourself cellulitis that can take a bad turn if not recognized.

If redness, pain or swelling worsens or if you develop a fever, go to an emergency room.

Please update.

stx359

Is the prop oil different from the Cypionate you were using?

Also what is your source? I use Empower prop and have never had site irritation except for subq. But I have read many anecdotal reports of prop stinging when purchased from online sources.
The test prop is from Empower pharmacy.

stx359

Watch these injection sites closely and make sure they don’t become increasingly red or painful. You could have a contaminated vile and may be giving yourself cellulitis that can take a bad turn if not recognized.

If redness, pain or swelling worsens or if you develop a fever, go to an emergency room.

Please update.
Thanks for your concern. I have a fresh vial and I will switch to that and see what happens. My current vial I have had for a few months and I had no reactions until recently so your contamination theory is definitely plausible.

stx359

It can be related to the excipients/carrier oils used but is most likely due to:

*the very short carbon chain of the propionic acid ester, which can be irritating to tissues at the site of injection
I am curious if this can be mitigated by needle size, dose or injection location. I use a 28 gauge half inch needle but propionate is so much less viscous than cypionate that I wonder if a 30 gauge would work. The dose of propionate is twice the volume of cyp as it is 100mg/ml, so as is often true on here I wonder if a lower dose would be better than a higher one (it almost always is). I reduced my daily dose to 12 mg which is a 20 percent reduction. Finally, I inject into both fat and muscle as my injection sites include deltoids , belt line, and buttocks. The more painful sites are the delts and buttocks, so I wonder if injecting into fat instead of muscle would help. I will test all of these hypotheses.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me