After the TRT Honeymoon

Buy Lab Tests Online
Hello knowledgeable ones!
Well its been over two months since I started my TRT journey. Hope you guy's don't mind me asking you a few questions. I was reading over the How long does TRT take to show effects thread and it would appear I'm already past some of the weeks to see certain benefits.

When I started my protocol I was doing 160 mg a week. Results were pretty good. I started to feel motivated, I was waking up with erections in the night and in the the morning. I joined a local gym, and have been weight training consistently. My estrogen was at 39 so my Doc moved me to 100mg cyp on monday and a 100mg cyp on Thursday. I didn't like this at all. I really liked getting the big bump from the 160mg shot. Doc then told me to take 160mg then take 40mg. So that's where I'm at as of now. total 200mg a week.

Here's my questions. When I started TRT my skin was really oily and that's gone away. Does this slow down for everyone? The powerful nighttime erections that were waking me up have also slowed down a lot. common with others as well?

I don't have nipple sensitivity, penis head sensitivity or water retention at the moment.

On my lowest day right before my injection my T was at 700 and my free was really high can't remember the exact number.

Could my dose be too high? I was really hoping my sex drive would improve but it really hasn't. I'm really bummed about this. Maybe I'm hitting the weights too hard.

On a good note, I have loads of energy and my depression is gone. Do I just need to be more patient? Did people notice sex drive improved later in their treatment. I saw a youtube video where I guy stated his sex drive didn't come back online till about six months in, but when it did it really did.

Thanks in advance.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
libido/sex drive/erections can be the most elusive symptom that takes more to resolve, sometimes it can seem to be the last thing that get's better.

Posting lab results is what's make this forum operate...share with us. You can't have a meaningful discussion with out labs. Most guys have the wrong Estrogen testing and things like that that need to be
looked at

Systemlord

When I started my protocol I was doing 160 mg a week. Results were pretty good.

You say the results were pretty good at 160mg weekly and estrogen at 39 pg/mL.

My estrogen was at 39 so my Doc moved me to 100mg cyp on monday and a 100mg cyp on Thursday. I didn't like this at all.
So your estrogen was at 39 at 160mg weekly, your doctor increased your dosage to 200mg weekly (100mg x2 weekly), I can say for certain that estrogen is no longer at 39, very likely it is much higher. Your erections are closely tied to your estrogen levels, if estrogen is too low or too high, erectile problems are likely.

What you should have done is break up your 160mg into two weekly injections, not only would this has seen higher trough numbers, but also lower estrogen. Also after dosing adjustments levels will be in flux for 6 weeks, during this time you might see a return of low T symptoms on and off.

An increase in dosage will see increase in FT which then converts down other pathways to DHT and estrogen.

Last edited:
You say the results were pretty good at 160mg weekly and estrogen at 39 pg/mL.

So your estrogen was at 39 at 160mg weekly, your doctor increased your dosage to 200mg weekly (100mg x2 weekly), I can say for certain that estrogen is no longer at 39, very likely it is much higher. Your erections are closely tied to your estrogen levels, if estrogen is too low or too high, erectile problems are likely.

What you should have done is break up your 160mg into two weekly injections, not only would this has seen higher trough numbers, but also lower estrogen. Also after dosing adjustments levels will be in flux for 6 weeks, during this time you might see a return of low T symptoms on and off.

An increase in dosage will see increase in FT which then converts down other pathways to DHT and estrogen.

Thanks for the reply. So changes to dose, higher or lower require an adjustment period?

Yikes, kinda worried about dropping back down now. When I was on 100mg 2x a week I didn't feel as good. I thought it was due to the fact my body was liking that initial dose of 160mg. Now I'm thinking I didn't give my body enough time to adjust to the 100x2.

Ok for now I'm going to stay exactly where I am. I've been on 160mg and 40mg a week for about 3 weeks now. I don't like taking an AI, but maybe after my 160mg shot this Thursday I'll take a half of Anastrozole and see how I feel. I don't think I have labs again till Jan. Thank you

libido/sex drive/erections can be the most elusive symptom that takes more to resolve, sometimes it can seem to be the last thing that get's better.

Posting lab results is what's make this forum operate...share with us. You can't have a meaningful discussion with out labs. Most guys have the wrong Estrogen testing and things like that that need to be
looked at

I'm pretty sure my estrogen test wasn't the super sensitive one. I'm going to try and make sure I have blood work handy when asking specific questions in the future. Thanks again!

Another small observation I found interesting. I was a bit more vascular on the 160mg dose. The veins in my forarm and bicep were more pronounced. Guess I'll be in guinea pig mode while getting this all dialed in.

Systemlord

So changes to dose, higher or lower require an adjustment period?

The adjustment period is the same regardless of the dosage.
Yikes, kinda worried about dropping back down now.

A lot of men fall for this trap that more is going to fix ongoing symptoms, but in your case it worsened them and staying on this path can only continue is this direction.
The veins in my forarm and bicep were more pronounced.

That's because you were probably on the 160mgx1 longer and your body had more time to adapt, you've only been on the 100mgx2 for what I'm guessing a shorter amount of time.

I expect the symptoms to increase the more time passes.

Gman86

Sounds like your SHBG is on the very low end if your trough had your free T very high with a total of 700. This would indicate that you may feel better injecting daily. I would inject EOD at the very least. I would also stop this non-sense of injecting two different amounts per week. I would just pick either 160mg or 200mg per week, and break it up into equal daily or EOD injections.

bixt

It seems everything has improved except libido. How many times a day are you going at it?

I have seen countless times people have "taken advantage" of the initial libido boost to go at it more often. Also using more and more extreme "material". This then desensitises the brain reward circuits \ pleasure pathways which can take a couple days \ weeks to recover from even on TRT. There are whole forums dedicated that kind of thing.

Sometimes the brain needs time to heal and become sensitive again to normal stimulus, and no amount of protocol changes can speed that up.

bixt

If the above if not applicable to you, have you had your prolactin tested? High prolactin is a libido killer. Prolactin is normally raised immediately on orgasm and is the cause of the immediate loss of interest. Elevated prolactin all the time will have similar libido killing effects.

Sounds like your SHBG is on the very low end if your trough had your free T very high with a total of 700. This would indicate that you may feel better injecting daily. I would inject EOD at the very least. I would also stop this non-sense of injecting two different amounts per week. I would just pick either 160mg or 200mg per week, and break it up into equal daily or EOD injections.

The 160mg and 40mg is what my doctor told me to do. I'll talk to my doctor next appointment and based on my numbers I'll do either 100x2 or just 160mg or possible 80x2.

If the above if not applicable to you, have you had your prolactin tested? High prolactin is a libido killer. Prolactin is normally raised immediately on orgasm and is the cause of the immediate loss of interest. Elevated prolactin all the time will have similar libido killing effects.
I don't believe I've ever had this tested. I'm writing this down for my next appointment.

It seems everything has improved except libido. How many times a day are you going at it?

I have seen countless times people have "taken advantage" of the initial libido boost to go at it more often. Also using more and more extreme "material". This then desensitises the brain reward circuits \ pleasure pathways which can take a couple days \ weeks to recover from even on TRT. There are whole forums dedicated that kind of thing.

Sometimes the brain needs time to heal and become sensitive again to normal stimulus, and no amount of protocol changes can speed that up.

I'm 43 currently. My wife and I manage about three times a week for about 30 - 45 minutes. First time has to be a charm because I have zero refractory. Even on TRT it takes me days to recover.

Thing is, I don't really get that urge for sex. Once I'm in the act I want it but Very seldom do I get that urge for it. I haven't even ejaculated from masturbation in years.

Granted I had Lyme Disease for over 20 years and a stroke from it. Stroke happened in my left cerebellum. Neurologist wasn't sure if that region of my brain effected my desire.

Gman86

The 160mg and 40mg is what my doctor told me to do. I'll talk to my doctor next appointment and based on my numbers I'll do either 100x2 or just 160mg or possible 80x2.

Based on your numbers, I can guarantee that your SHBG is low. Been doing this for a long time, and I don’t even need to see ur SHBG result to know it’s on the low end. Doing anything less than EOD injections is most likely not ever going to work for you, regardless of your dose. Just trying to save you some time and headaches trying to figure this out. If I were you, I would start injecting daily and see if you notice any improvements. Your doctor will not have a problem how often you inject. He’ll only have a problem with you changing the dose.

Based on your numbers, I can guarantee that your SHBG is low. Been doing this for a long time, and I don’t even need to see ur SHBG result to know it’s on the low end. Doing anything less than EOD injections is most likely not ever going to work for you, regardless of your dose. Just trying to save you some time and headaches trying to figure this out. If I were you, I would start injecting daily and see if you notice any improvements. Your doctor will not have a problem how often you inject. He’ll only have a problem with you changing the dose.
Damn, right now I doing 2 injections a week. My ass cheeks already hate me. I can't imagine injecting every day. :( I don't want to sound like a little bitch, but everyday is so much. No other way around it huh?

Gman86

Damn, right now I doing 2 injections a week. My ass cheeks already hate me. I can't imagine injecting every day. :( I don't want to sound like a little bitch, but everyday is so much. No other way around it huh?

Haha what size syringe are you injecting with? I inject daily with a 1/2” need tip, 27 gauge in the thighs. Barely feel it. You can even go up to 28-29 gauge if you want. I’ve found 27 gauge to be the perfect balance of being almost painless, and being able to draw up the testosterone quickly

I extract with an 18 and inject with a 23. So it's your opinion then that daily injections could help with SHGB. Most information I find is on Lowering SHGB not raising. So higher SHBG better sex drive, lower is worse for sex drive?

bixt

Haha what size syringe are you injecting with? I inject daily with a 1/2” need tip, 27 gauge in the thighs. Barely feel it. You can even go up to 28-29 gauge if you want. I’ve found 27 gauge to be the perfect balance of being almost painless, and being able to draw up the testosterone quickly

Good advice with the injection size. I use a 29g/30g 1/2in (12.8mm) insulin syringe\needle combo. Takes about 3 mins to load. Almost painless into the quads.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me