Aerobic Exercise and Erections

Buy Lab Tests Online

DixieWrecked

I always assumed that aerobic exercise would help improve erections and I have found studies/articles to back up that speculation. I wanted to pose the question to the gentlemen here, how much aerobic exercise do you do? Can you piece together any correlation between the amount of cardio you do and your EQ? I know I should be doing more cardio just for general health but I am a typical male and my penis guides me in everything I do. So I was thinking that I may increase my cardio. Any input and discussion is welcome.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Thanks for sharing.

Your second reference had a good summary of ranges of programs used:

PA: Physical Activity

Levels of PA for All Included Studies
Levels of the PA intervention programs in the included studies of men with physical inactivity, obesity, HTN, MetS, and/or manifest CVD in relation to IIEF score are presented in Table 3, and details of the levels of the PA programs are presented in Table 4. Levels of PA are described in more detail because of the variability of PA in the included studies.

Modalities of PA

In all 10 studies, the PA training modality for the intervention group was aerobic.

Intensity of PA
The intensity of the aerobic PA training program was moderate in all studies. In 5 of the studies, the moderate intensity was supplemented by intervals of vigorous intensity. Only 1 study had PA intensity of mild to moderate.52 In 4 studies,51, 52, 53, 55 the moderate aerobic PA exercises were supplemented with resistance training programs.

Duration of Sessions of PA
In 9 of the studies, the duration of each PA session varied from 30 to 60 minutes. In 4 of these studies, the minimum duration was at least 40 minutes, which also was the mean duration of sessions for all 10 studies. Only 1 study accepted a minimum duration of 20 minutes for each PA session.47

Frequency of PA
The weekly frequency of the PA sessions varied from 3 to 7 (mean frequency = 4). In 5 studies, the standard frequency was 3 weekly PA sessions. Only 1 study had a PA frequency of up to 7 sessions per week.48

Weekly Dose of PA
Doses of PA varied from 120 to 300 minutes per week (mean weekly dose = 157 minutes, or ∼2 hours 30 minutes).

Training Period of PA
The PA programs varied from 1 to 24 months (mean training period = ∼6 months). Thus, the study by Maio et al47 had the longest follow-up duration of 2 years, and the study by Begot et al54 had the shortest follow-up duration of 1 month.

Delivery of PA and Additional Interventions and Goals of the Included Studies
In almost all programs, individual supervision of participants was included. In addition, the programs involving obesity focused on dietary counseling, aiming at lower energy intake and decreased body weight (Tables 3 and 4).

I wish I attained at least half of these! Stationary recumbent bike is all I use for 45 min (while working LOL)

Guided_by_Voices

I think HIIT and to some degree LISS is the most under-appreciated forms of pro-erection therapy. I have been doing a run-walk-run routine and also have a treadmill in front of a TV for the rare occasions I watch TV (which I do during the US sports playoffs). Sprints are the best IME. Besides being a great anti-aging activity, almost everyone here should be doing sprints. Basketball is great too.

DixieWrecked

I watched the video below and starting at around 4:30 they begin to talk about declining cognition and energy levels from working out with weights.
I have been dealing with something very similar to this and have always been very active and worked out with weights but my recent history has not been so good as far as cognition and workout performance. I was thinking about working out less to see if this might actually help energy levels, fatigue, and even possible libido. Seems like focusing more on cardio and less on weights might have alot of benefits.

Fernando Almaguer

Really interesting, I think workouts have a sweet spot where you feel great and dead if you go too hard. Starting to run 3 miles once or twice weekly

DorianGray

I'm in the camp of anything that strengthens the pelvic floor benefits erections the most. That would, I believe, lifting weights, particularly leg exercises like squats. Assume of course your overall cardiovascular system is not deficient.

Guided_by_Voices

I don't think lifting weights or strength in general is a problem, but going to failure and creating chronic overtraining the way most people do is a problem, which is made worse for people not on TRT or some form of anabolic supplement. I have not gone to failure (or gotten to the point of grinding reps) in the last ten years or so and everything about my training including my strength is better off for it. In the rare cases where I went overboard on the intensity I ended up going backward, and chronic overtraining, especially at the CNS level is a vicious downward cycle.

themud

From ultramarathons to TRT and lifting. ABA workout. All 3 sets to failure, RPT.
Wednesday: seal row 5-10 reps, ohp 6-8 reps, heavy lunges. In between every set I do 20 seconds on assault bike sprints.

Friday: bench 5-10 reps, chin-ups 4-6 reps, trap bar deadlift. In between 20 seconds assault bike sprints.

Sunday: repeat Wednesdays workout.

Walk 3 on workout days. Rest days is 30 liss on bike and 3-5 miles of rucking with outdoorsman’s Atlas trainer.

At 50 I can eat what I want and when. I had two large Cinnabon rolls last week. I don’t do that crap a lot, but I can to no effect.

Workouts are timed and takes me 18-22 minutes depending on how I’m feeling.

It gives me great cardio compared to beating up my hips and knees running. The rucking feels like my long runs used to as far as CNS fatigue without the muscle and joint pain.

Great morning wood and no problems when I need to come to attention.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me