Advice on TRT Regimen

Buy Lab Tests Online

nahp01

Aloha from Hawaii guys! Been on TRT for about 6 months through my PCP who only put me on Androgel 1.62, with terrible results. Would not do any specific bloodwork besides basic Total Testosterone, so made the switch to Defy.

Lab work from Defy came back with the following:

Total testosterone: 191
Free testosterone: 5.80
SHBG: 7
LH: 1.1
Prolactin: 6.6
E2: 17.3
DHEA: 326.9
Dihydrotestosterone: 6.6

Course of action prescribed was the following:

BEGIN T Cyp 200 mg/ml – 0.25 ml IM/SQ Three times per week
BEGIN HCG 300 iu – inject 30 units SQ twice per week to reverse/prevent testicular atrophy
BEGIN Anastrozole 0.125 mg- take 1 by mouth 2-3 times per week as needed per E2 symptoms
BEGIN DHEA 25 mg – take 1 by mouth every night

I'm right to assume that test cyp is 150mg per week, correct? I just did my second shot this morning, so I figured I'll follow what Defy says, and wait for my next round of labs to adjust anything if needed.

Does the course of action seem ok? I really didn't want to use an AI if I didn't need to, just to simplify everything, but will take it if needed. Thanks!

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

That's low SHBG which means very high free testosterone and unfortunately very high free estrogen regardless of you estrogen numbers. My SHBG is more than twice as high as your SHBG and free estrogen is a problem, an AI is most definitely needed in my case.

I think you should strongly consider injecting SQ!

That's 50mg 3 times a week.

nahp01

That's low SHBG which means very high free testosterone and unfortunately very high free estrogen regardless of you estrogen numbers. My SHBG is more than twice as high as your SHBG and free estrogen is a problem, an AI is most definitely needed in my case.

I think you should strongly consider injecting SQ!

That's 50mg 3 times a week.

Got it. Thanks for your reply. I'll start AI tomorrow.

Systemlord

Got it. Thanks for your reply. I'll start AI tomorrow.

I would wait until you have symptoms of high estrogen and labs indicating it. When I start a new protocol, estrogen doesn't become a problem until about the 3rd or 4th week. Your levels need time to build up in your system, so the first couple of weeks levels are lower.

Always take the AI with your injection, that's the window of opportunity to block estrogen, beyond 48 hours after an injection the opportunity to block estrogen is lost.

M

MarkM

I agree with everything Systemlord has stated. Good advice.

Welcome to the forum!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching