advice on getting dialed in

Buy Lab Tests Online

clike

I am looking for some help on why i dont feel like i did when i originally started trt. I have been reading and searching trying to figure this all out with no luck. i have had low t for the past 8 years and have tried treatment numerous times without luck. This time i am going through a clinic and trying to be patient i have never stuck it out this long. I will list some of my lab work of concern.
47 year old male
6ft
200 pounds
40 mg test cyp eod sub q

TT 755
Estradiol 39 (11-44)
DHEA 394 (71-375)
Homocyst 16 (0 - 14)
MPV 9 (9-12)
Globulin 2.2 (2.2-3.8)
These labs where done without fasting in the afternoon

After i got over all the side effects in the begining i was feeling pretty good but now i feel like i did pre trt. Sore muscles and joints, low libido , erections suck, i also find it hard to breathe sometimes. i did get alot of my strength back tho. i feel like im close and dont wanna give up. im sure i forgot to include alot of info. Any feed back would be great. i also tried .25 of Ai past couple of weeks 1 time a week and it almost felt like that helped for a few days.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I am looking for some help on why i dont feel like i did when i originally started trt. I have been reading and searching trying to figure this all out with no luck. i have had low t for the past 8 years and have tried treatment numerous times without luck. This time i am going through a clinic and trying to be patient i have never stuck it out this long. I will list some of my lab work of concern.
47 year old male
6ft
200 pounds
40 mg test cyp eod sub q

TT 755
Estradiol 39 (11-44)
DHEA 394 (71-375)
Homocyst 16 (0 - 14)
MPV 9 (9-12)
Globulin 2.2 (2.2-3.8)

After i got over all the side effects in the begining i was feeling pretty good but now i feel like i did pre trt. Sore muscles and joints, low libido , erections suck, i also find it hard to breathe sometimes. i did get alot of my strength back tho. i feel like im close and dont wanna give up. im sure i forgot to include alot of info. Any feed back would be great. i also tried .25 of Ai past couple of weeks 1 time a week and it almost felt like that helped for a few days.
Your labs look fine, I probably would have had shbg checked but it probably won’t make a difference. Have you looked at your thyroid at all. If not you should have your TSH, free T4, free T3, reverse T3 and both antibodies checked

R White

47 year old male
6ft
200 pounds
40 mg test cyp eod sub q

TT 755
Estradiol 39 (11-44)
DHEA 394 (71-375)
Homocyst 16 (0 - 14)
MPV 9 (9-12)
Globulin 2.2 (2.2-3.8)

Defy Medical
Dr Saya

a miracle worker

clike

Your labs look fine, I probably would have had shbg checked but it probably won’t make a difference. Have you looked at your thyroid at all. If not you should have your TSH, free T4, free T3, reverse T3 and both antibodies checked
Thanks for responding
shbg 18.3 (16.5-55.9)
tsh 1.06 (.50-6.0)
ft3 3.3 (1.7-3.7)
ft4 0.8 (0.7-1.5}

Gman86

I’m also with Defy, specifically dr saya, and I’m sure it would be extremely easy to switch over to them. They’re customer service is amazing.

With ur SHBG I would try injecting everyday. At the minimum, every other day.

Are u taking DHEA, or is ur DHEA naturally high like that?

Are u having any issues with brain fog and/ or cognitive function issues? Like poor memory or recalling words?

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread but
If he says yes, what is your recommendation? Are you experiencing these symptoms?
I know you are the high SHBG type and I am gonna start TRT soon.
With 34mg Test C EOD but I am worried about getting high e2 sides? especially gyno.
Can you share your dose?

Gman86

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread but
If he says yes, what is your recommendation? Are you experiencing these symptoms?
I know you are the high SHBG type and I am gonna start TRT soon.
With 34mg Test C EOD but I am worried about getting high e2 sides? especially gyno.
Can you share your dose?

Was going to recommend pregnenolone to him if he was experiencing those symptoms. Sometimes men start TRT and after months on it lose some of the positive benefits. Some HRT doctors think this is due to pregnenolone deficiency. Ya I definitely have bad brain fog and memory issues, and a hard time recalling words. It’s the main symptom that got me started on HRT, and have had it the whole 6-7 years I’ve been on HRT. It’s gotten a lot better compared to before HRT, but still very present. Will be experimenting with pregnenolone after my next big set of labs.

My protocol is different than most. I use a nandrolone base with added testosterone to boost E2, so I’m a bad example to a standard TRT protocol. But with that dose u won’t have any problems with gyno, I guarantee it. While on testosterone I’ve had pretty high E2 at times, almost 90, and didn’t even have sensitive nipples. Only time I’ve had really bad sensitive/ itchy nipples and gyno forming is when I was on HCG monotherapy at 2000iu’s/ week. U have nothing to worry about in that department, I promise.

antelopers

Was going to recommend pregnenolone to him if he was experiencing those symptoms. Sometimes men start TRT and after months on it lose some of the positive benefits. Some HRT doctors think this is due to pregnenolone deficiency. Ya I definitely have bad brain fog and memory issues, and a hard time recalling words. It’s the main symptom that got me started on HRT, and have had it the whole 6-7 years I’ve been on HRT. It’s gotten a lot better compared to before HRT, but still very present. Will be experimenting with pregnenolone after my next big set of labs.

My protocol is different than most. I use a nandrolone base with added testosterone to boost E2, so I’m a bad example to a standard TRT protocol. But with that dose u won’t have any problems with gyno, I guarantee it. While on testosterone I’ve had pretty high E2 at times, almost 90, and didn’t even have sensitive nipples. Only time I’ve had really bad sensitive/ itchy nipples and gyno forming is when I was on HCG monotherapy at 2000iu’s/ week. U have nothing to worry about in that department, I promise.
How is that protocol working out for you? I know you've run the gauntlet experimenting with different treatments.

Gman86

How is that protocol working out for you? I know you've run the gauntlet experimenting with different treatments.

Hahah I’ve definitely done way more experimenting than most. For two reasons. Brain fog is the main symptom I had going into HRT, and it’s something I’ve had all throughout my HRT journey. It’s gotten slightly better and slightly worse throughout my time on HRT the past 7 years, but always present. So I’ve tried so many different protocols to try and get the brain fog to go away, and also because I’m going to be on HRT for life, so I figure it’s worth the effort to find the protocol I feel my absolute best on.

In Gman fashion, I’ve actually recently switched my protocol up lol. Was on a nandrolone base from 2-20-20 to 10-5-20. Overall felt pretty good. Brain fog was ok. Not as bad as it’s ever been, but it’s been better. Erections were 9 or 10/10. Libido was a little lower than I like it. Maybe a 6/10. Was definitely there when I needed it tho. Depression and anxiety were both non existent. Very optimistic outlook on the nandrolone base. Throughout my time on the nandrolone base I kept the nandrolone constant at 200mg, and titrated my test dose up slowly. Starting out on 35mg of test and ended up at 100mg of test. I thought if I up the test and get my E2 higher that libido would increase and brain fog would decrease and would feel more optimal overall. But it wasn’t the case. After 60mg of test with the nandrolone I think I felt a little worse tbh. Meaning 80mg and 100mg of test with the nandrolone base felt a bit worse than 60mg. I think 60mg was the sweetspot. At 80mg and 100mg if test I felt more tired, libido stayed the same or slightly went down, brain fog got a bit worse. I was thinking about going back down to 60mg of test with the 200mg of nandrolone, but I actually decided to go back to a testosterone base as of 10-5-20

I’ve been doing a lot of research about the importance of DHT. Not just in regards to libido, but also in regards to brain health and neurotransmitters. And my libido has always been higher on a test base. So I switched to 200mg of test cyp, nothing else. Split into EOD injections. My plan is to run this for a couple months, see how I feel, see where my numbers sit, and then add in a very small dose of Oxandrolone, to inhibit E2 slightly, and see if I feel better or worse with the added Oxandrolone. Plan on starting with 5mg of Oxandrolone per day, and see how I feel on that after a couple weeks. If I feel better, I’ll up it to 10mg/ day. Run that for a few weeks and assess how I’m feeling. If I’m feeling good, will up to 15mg/ day. I think that’s the most Oxandrolone I’m willing to add to my protocol. If I feel great on 200mg of test all by itself I probably won’t even mess with the Oxandrolone. But then again, I probably will due to my curiosity and wondering if I could feel even better lol. But we’ll see how things go. Been on the test only for almost 10 days now. Feel slightly better than I did on the nandrolone base, but not by too much. But it’s way too early to tell anything. Obviously there’s still plenty of nandrolone in my system.

madman

Super Moderator
Hahah I’ve definitely done way more experimenting than most. For two reasons. Brain fog is the main symptom I had going into HRT, and it’s something I’ve had all throughout my HRT journey. It’s gotten slightly better and slightly worse throughout my time on HRT the past 7 years, but always present. So I’ve tried so many different protocols to try and get the brain fog to go away, and also because I’m going to be on HRT for life, so I figure it’s worth the effort to find the protocol I feel my absolute best on.

In Gman fashion, I’ve actually recently switched my protocol up lol. Was on a nandrolone base from 2-20-20 to 10-5-20. Overall felt pretty good. Brain fog was ok. Not as bad as it’s ever been, but it’s been better. Erections were 9 or 10/10. Libido was a little lower than I like it. Maybe a 6/10. Was definitely there when I needed it tho. Depression and anxiety were both non existent. Very optimistic outlook on the nandrolone base. Throughout my time on the nandrolone base I kept the nandrolone constant at 200mg, and titrated my test dose up slowly. Starting out on 35mg of test and ended up at 100mg of test. I thought if I up the test and get my E2 higher that libido would increase and brain fog would decrease and would feel more optimal overall. But it wasn’t the case. After 60mg of test with the nandrolone I think I felt a little worse tbh. Meaning 80mg and 100mg of test with the nandrolone base felt a bit worse than 60mg. I think 60mg was the sweetspot. At 80mg and 100mg if test I felt more tired, libido stayed the same or slightly went down, brain fog got a bit worse. I was thinking about going back down to 60mg of test with the 200mg of nandrolone, but I actually decided to go back to a testosterone base as of 10-5-20

I’ve been doing a lot of research about the importance of DHT. Not just in regards to libido, but also in regards to brain health and neurotransmitters.
And my libido has always been higher on a test base. So I switched to 200mg of test cyp, nothing else. Split into EOD injections. My plan is to run this for a couple months, see how I feel, see where my numbers sit, and then add in a very small dose of Oxandrolone, to inhibit E2 slightly, and see if I feel better or worse with the added Oxandrolone. Plan on starting with 5mg of Oxandrolone per day, and see how I feel on that after a couple weeks. If I feel better, I’ll up it to 10mg/ day. Run that for a few weeks and assess how I’m feeling. If I’m feeling good, will up to 15mg/ day. I think that’s the most Oxandrolone I’m willing to add to my protocol. If I feel great on 200mg of test all by itself I probably won’t even mess with the Oxandrolone. But then again, I probably will due to my curiosity and wondering if I could feel even better lol. But we’ll see how things go. Been on the test only for almost 10 days now. Feel slightly better than I did on the nandrolone base, but not by too much. But it’s way too early to tell anything. Obviously there’s still plenty of nandrolone in my system.

All well and dandy that you have tried numerous protocols to see what is best for you as regardless of what others say experimenting is the only way to truly know.

That aside you need to keep in mind that the only downfall with your curiosity is unfortunately whether you eventually went from strictly injecting T when you started your journey and dabbled with scrotal (which you claimed was the next best thing) before even giving it a chance than eventually dropped scrotal T and went on to ND (base) + low dose T (only again to claim it was the next best thing) before ever giving it a chance and now you are back to square one after all this time.

If I remember correctly not too long ago you claimed to know everything about ND and were pro nandrolone stating you could never see yourself not using it.

Whether it is was a carnivore diet, scrotal T, or nandrolone based protocol you were always gung-ho and dead set that it was the end all be all or next best thing.

Like I said many times previously one should think more deeply before making such claims before even embarking on such a journey.

Curious as to why you would use such a high weekly dose of T (200 mg/week split EOD) when in the past on T only injection-based protocol you were running 180 mg/week split EOD) and were hitting an absurd trough TT 1600+ with FT through the roof and top it off with the fact that you persist to keep testing your FT using an INACCURATE assay.

Last edited:

Systemlord

Sore muscles and joints, low libido , erections suck, i also find it hard to breathe sometimes.
I experience these side effects whenever my hormone levels are too high, mainly the estrogen (35>) even though my testosterone is at top half of the reference ranges.

Gman86

All well and dandy that you have tried numerous protocols to see what is best for you as regardless of what others say experimenting is the only way to truly know.

That aside you need to keep in mind that the only downfall with your curiosity is unfortunately whether you eventually went from strictly injecting T when you started your journey and dabbled with scrotal (which you claimed was the next best thing) before even giving it a chance than eventually dropped scrotal T and went on to ND (base) + low dose T (only again to claim it was the next best thing) before ever giving it a chance and now you are back to square one after all this time.

If I remember correctly not too long ago you claimed to know everything about ND and were pro nandrolone stating you could never see yourself not using it.

Whether it is was a carnivore diet, scrotal T, or nandrolone based protocol you were always gung-ho and dead set that it was the end all be all or next best thing.

Like I said many times previously one should think more deeply before making such claims before even embarking on such a journey.

Curious as to why you would use such a high weekly dose of T (200 mg/week split EOD) when in the past on T only injection-based protocol you were running 180 mg/week split EOD) and were hitting an absurd trough TT 1600+ with FT through the roof and top it off with the fact that you persist to keep testing your FT using an accurate assay.

I’ve found that I simply feel my best with free T in the mid 40’s. Never had it go higher, so just thought maybe I would feel better with it slightly higher. On 180mg/ week, my free T was around mid 40’s. I honestly just feel better with higher free T. Not much else to it. And I find the standard direct free T tests correlate perfectly with how I feel, so I just stick to what works. To me it doesn’t matter if it’s accurate or not. All that matters is that it always correlates with how I feel, and gives me the information I need.

And I definitely had a good experience with scrotal T. Libido wasn’t the best, but definitely felt great mood and energy wise. It’s one of the reasons I opted to go back to a test base. Thinking there might be something to having optimal/ high levels of DHT, in regards to not only libido, but overall mood and brain health. I just didn’t like having to apply the cream twice per day, and didn’t like that I had to limit the things I did for hours afterwards. Plus, idk if I’m 100% comfortable with having DHT levels over 300. It might be completely benign, but I just think I need to see more research before I’m comfortable with having such high DHT levels long term. But I switched mostly due to the inconvenience factor. I find it much more convenient to inject once in the AM EOD.

The nandrolone based protocol was definitely a good experience overall. I’d highly recommend it to anyone that struggles with high E2 issues and wants to avoid using an ai. I absolutely think it has its place in HRT, and can be a game changer for a lot of guys. I may even go back to it at some point. Just want to experiment and see how I feel on my current protocol and managing E2 with a DHT derivative.

I also still fully believe that the optimal diet for humans is a mainly carnivore approach, with some healthy/ benign carbs to mimic how our ancestors would of eaten, and to keep fasting blood sugars from going too high. Seems that full carnivore can tend to spike fasting glucose levels. But adding in low amounts of healthy carbs, here and there, seem to keep fasting glucose levels down. I personally still do a mainly carnivore approach, with some white rice, honey and select fruits.

Overall, I mainly experiment to find what’s going to be optimal for my body long term, and to try and minimize my brain fog as much as possible, and hopefully get rid of it completely at some point. I also experiment to help others out as well tho. I think it’s more helpful to give other guys advice on things I’ve personally experienced and tried, than to read studies and speculate and theorize and then give advice on these subjects.

madman

Super Moderator
I’ve found that I simply feel my best with free T in the mid 40’s. Never had it go higher, so just thought maybe I would feel better with it slightly higher. On 180mg/ week, my free T was around mid 40’s. I honestly just feel better with higher free T. Not much else to it. And I find the standard direct free T tests correlate perfectly with how I feel, so I just stick to what works. To me it doesn’t matter if it’s accurate or not. All that matters is that it always correlates with how I feel, and gives me the information I need.

And I definitely had a good experience with scrotal T. Libido wasn’t the best, but definitely felt great mood and energy wise. It’s one of the reasons I opted to go back to a test base. Thinking there might be something to having optimal/ high levels of DHT, in regards to not only libido, but overall mood and brain health. I just didn’t like having to apply the cream twice per day, and didn’t like that I had to limit the things I did for hours afterwards. Plus, idk if I’m 100% comfortable with having DHT levels over 300. It might be completely benign, but I just think I need to see more research before I’m comfortable with having such high DHT levels long term. But I switched mostly due to the inconvenience factor. I find it much more convenient to inject once in the AM EOD.

The nandrolone based protocol was definitely a good experience overall. I’d highly recommend it to anyone that struggles with high E2 issues and wants to avoid using an ai. I absolutely think it has its place in HRT, and can be a game changer for a lot of guys. I may even go back to it at some point. Just want to experiment and see how I feel on my current protocol and managing E2 with a DHT derivative.

I also still fully believe that the optimal diet for humans is a mainly carnivore approach, with some healthy/ benign carbs to mimic how our ancestors would of eaten, and to keep fasting blood sugars from going too high. Seems that full carnivore can tend to spike fasting glucose levels. But adding in low amounts of healthy carbs, here and there, seem to keep fasting glucose levels down. I personally still do a mainly carnivore approach, with some white rice, honey and select fruits.

Unfortunately, your FT levels were most likely a lot higher than you think as you were and still are relying on an inaccurate testing method.

Although how one feels overall is what truly matters it is still critical to know where your TT/FT levels truly sit on such protocol and relying on inaccurate testing methods is a piss poor way to manage a protocol.

Some men end up struggling not realizing that their FT levels are way too high let alone many can end up running much higher levels than they really need.

Sure if you feel great overall and blood markers are healthy then running higher levels would not be an issue but many get caught up in the more is better mentality and in some cases it is extreme.

From what I remember you were struggling with such protocol when you were running an absurd trough TT 1600+/FT through the roof on EOD injections.

Your TT/FT levels were jacked up from the get-go when you started trt and I am doubting that you had ever tried running lower levels.

You have always been caught up in that more is better mentality.

I agree when adding ND to low dose T in cases where one struggles with running higher T doses.

Carnivore is strictly protein/fat.

So you are following a low-carb (100+ grams/day) meat-based diet.

Keto (<30 grams/day) meat-based diet would be closer to eating mainly carnivore.

Overall, I mainly experiment to find what’s going to be optimal for my body long term, and to try and minimize my brain fog as much as possible, and hopefully get rid of it completely at some point. I also experiment to help others out as well tho. I think it’s more helpful to give other guys advice on things I’ve personally experienced and tried, than to read studies and speculate and theorize and then give advice on these subjects.

True but keep in mind you were ranting and raving on here about scrotal T than ND without ever having tried such protocols.

You seem to be convinced easily let alone sway one way or the other.

antelopers

I felt great when I first went carnivore, but I hit a wall after the first year with how I was feeling when I restricted all carbs for too long. I've since incorporated a solid amount of carbs again and I feel much much better. I think its a smart approach instead of going all in (like I always end up doing with everything).

trtthings

I’ve been doing a lot of research about the importance of DHT. Not just in regards to libido, but also in regards to brain health and neurotransmitters. And my libido has always been higher on a test base. So I switched to 200mg of test cyp, nothing else. Split into EOD injections. My plan is to run this for a couple months, see how I feel, see where my numbers sit, and then add in a very small dose of Oxandrolone, to inhibit E2 slightly, and see if I feel better or worse with the added Oxandrolone. Plan on starting with 5mg of Oxandrolone per day, and see how I feel on that after a couple weeks. If I feel better, I’ll up it to 10mg/ day. Run that for a few weeks and assess how I’m feeling. If I’m feeling good, will up to 15mg/ day. I think that’s the most Oxandrolone I’m willing to add to my protocol. If I feel great on 200mg of test all by itself I probably won’t even mess with the Oxandrolone. But then again, I probably will due to my curiosity and wondering if I could feel even better lol. But we’ll see how things go. Been on the test only for almost 10 days now. Feel slightly better than I did on the nandrolone base, but not by too much. But it’s way too early to tell anything. Obviously there’s still plenty of nandrolone in my system.

Just to come with a completely random suggestion that I have no idea whether holds any merit. Have you looked at Low dose naltrexone?

It works by blocking the opioid receptors in the brain temporarily. The body responds by making more beta-endorphins and more opioid receptors.

The side effect profile is almost non-existent and this is often used off-label for people with autoimmune diseases. The reason for why I mention this is I recall a lot of them saying it lifted their brainfog. This might be due to the anti-inflammatory effect, or maybe something else.

Vince

Super Moderator
Just to come with a completely random suggestion that I have no idea whether holds any merit. Have you looked at Low dose naltrexone?

It works by blocking the opioid receptors in the brain temporarily. The body responds by making more beta-endorphins and more opioid receptors.

The side effect profile is almost non-existent and this is often used off-label for people with autoimmune diseases. The reason for why I mention this is I recall a lot of them saying it lifted their brainfog. This might be due to the anti-inflammatory effect, or maybe something else.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me