ACE and ARB blood pressure meds (i.e losartan) and coronavirus concern

Buy Lab Tests Online
Skip to 23:33. This is troubling. Jay's guest, Anthony Jay, PhD, fails to mention the more recent contrarian argument that we've been making in which upregulation of ACE2 via ACEIs and ARBs can actually be protective and block the virus from entry (and the fact that Losartan is in clinical trials as potential treatment for COVID-19 [Losartan for Patients With COVID-19 Requiring Hospitalization - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov]. He advises to just stop the meds even if BP goes up a little.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Westin

It’s the main offender of misinformation. People keep forwarding this information as of they just discovered a miracle. I keep getting all this virus stuff, It’s all BS. They know but the CDC has never heard of it?

Facebook is a menace to society in my opinion.

BTW: I’m on 50mg If it a day of it. Works well.

Done venting :)

GreenMachineX

It’s the main offender of misinformation. People keep forwarding this information as of they just discovered a miracle. I keep getting all this virus stuff, It’s all BS. They know but the CDC has never heard of it?

Facebook is a menace to society in my opinion.

BTW: I’m on 50mg If it a day of it. Works well.

Done venting :)
Oh, gotcha. I’m mostly on message boards, rarely on Facebook. But I agree, mostly sensationalism and misinformation (and possibly disinformation!!!).

Much of the controversy about the positive or negative effect of ARB/ACEI is based on a time confusion. The positive effect of ACE2 would only occur AFTER the SARS-CoV-2 entered into the target cells. On the opposite, BEFORE its entry, the ACE2 availability may potently increase the number of receptors for the virus spike proteins and leads to an enhanced severity of the infection. This is the conundrum I worry about. What we urgently need now is the ratio of death according to the use or not of ARB/ACEI among the patients with comorbidities (hypertension, diabetes, CVD).

GreenMachineX

“Findings Among the elderly (age>65) COVID-19 patients with hypertension comorbidity, the risk of COVID-19-S (severe disease) was significantly decreased in patients who took ARB drugs prior to hospitalization compared to patients who took no drugs (OR=0.343, 95% CI 0.128-0.916, p=0.025). The meta-analysis showed that ARB use has positive effects associated with morbidity and mortality of pneumonia. Interpretation Elderly (age>65) COVID-19 patients with hypertension comorbidity who are taking ARB anti-hypertension drugs may be less likely to develop severe lung disease compared to patients who take no anti-hypertension drugs.”

GreenMachineX

Excellent balanced article. Thanks for posting. I am going to keep taking my 20mg Lisinopril for the time being. And social distancing!
Same here as I’m on telmisartan. I also wonder if taking these drugs causing an increase in ACE2 receptors, how long does it take for the new Receptors to go away when the drug is discontinued? Processes like that aren’t instant, correct?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me