About to Start TRT Opinions on My Prescription

Buy Lab Tests Online

atrocity

Spent a ton of time reading on the forums (thanks to everyone involved with the pinned threads) which gave me the inclination to takes the first steps on determining if I want to start TRT. Little background on me, just turned 30 and have had terrible insomnia for 6 years, constantly tired, no motivation nor drive. I thought this was how everyone was coded until I started researching TRT. Recently, I've notice more hair falling out and my memory and recall has been very low. I used to be a human version of Google, instantly recalling facts on random crap about random crap I know, now I can't even remember the names of new people I meet. The only opposite symptoms I have of low T are elevated libido and excessive erections; but my labs say I should have these symptoms.

My biggest fears and what's holding me back from starting are loss of hair and infertility. I'm always a worse case scenario guy and am debating if a normal life is worth the risk. From my research, TRT has no correlation with hair loss; it just speeds it up. It's hard to determine if I am destined for hair loss because I know nothing about my father's side from my Grandfather up. My mom's side is full of thick hair. As far as infertility, I'm going in for a semen analysis, I'm okay with freezing my guys but a little hesitant due to the possible birth defects.

I got my labs done and had an initial consult and these were my results:
Testosterone: 172
Free Testosterone: 27 (doc said this is wrong and used a calculator to determine I was in the low 4's)
Estradiol: 12.3
Hematocrit: 47.5
SHBG: 17.5
LH: 6.4
TSH: 1.28
PSA.8

Need some second opinions on my script as my research pointed to T Cyp 150 mg/ml at twice a week and HCG 200 iu at twice a week. I know they're the professionals but I just want to make sure I'm not over dosing.

T Cyp 200 mg/ml – 0.25 ml IM/SQ three times weekly
HCG 300 iu SQ three times weekly
Anastrozole 0.125 mg twice weekly/three times weekly as needed
Fish Oil 2grams daily

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

MIP1950

Was this protocol from a clinic or private doc? Sounds like a cookie cutter protocol. (Private docs can be idiots, too.) The use of anastrazole is hotly debated on this forum, as well as other men's forums. Why take something unless there is an absolute 'need' for it? Men need estradiol for erectile function, cardiac health, brain function. Yes, your numbers are seriously low. Never used HCG so I have nothing to say but I question if it's necessary. No previous steroid use or current medications, like psychiatric drugs or recreational drug use?

There are guys on here who are much more knowledgeable but IMO, the simple is start with 100 mg per week, either one dose or split into two doses. I prefer IM, but for some(or many) subq works fine. Patience is the key. Six week minimum before testing but I've read that eight to twelve weeks to truly evaluate and that means how you feel and function, not how your labs look.

Vince

Super Moderator
Spent a ton of time reading on the forums (thanks to everyone involved with the pinned threads) which gave me the inclination to takes the first steps on determining if I want to start TRT. Little background on me, just turned 30 and have had terrible insomnia for 6 years, constantly tired, no motivation nor drive. I thought this was how everyone was coded until I started researching TRT. Recently, I've notice more hair falling out and my memory and recall has been very low. I used to be a human version of Google, instantly recalling facts on random crap about random crap I know, now I can't even remember the names of new people I meet. The only opposite symptoms I have of low T are elevated libido and excessive erections; but my labs say I should have these symptoms.

My biggest fears and what's holding me back from starting are loss of hair and infertility. I'm always a worse case scenario guy and am debating if a normal life is worth the risk. From my research, TRT has no correlation with hair loss; it just speeds it up. It's hard to determine if I am destined for hair loss because I know nothing about my father's side from my Grandfather up. My mom's side is full of thick hair. As far as infertility, I'm going in for a semen analysis, I'm okay with freezing my guys but a little hesitant due to the possible birth defects.

Free Testosterone: 27 (doc said this is wrong and used a calculator to determine I was in the low 4's)
PSA.8

Need some second opinions on my script as my research pointed to T Cyp 150 mg/ml at twice a week and HCG 200 iu at twice a week. I know they're the professionals but I just want to make sure I'm not over dosing.

Fish Oil 2grams daily
My advice is, don't start trt. 30 years old, pretty young. You're probably be infertile. I would consider trying enclomiphene, 12.5 mg everyday or every other day. Just to see what results you get. It will increase your LH and FSH, the good thing is you would definitely remain fertile.

JimGainz

I would say that your Testosterone levels are horribly low and that’s why you feel like crap. If you were to go down this route I would start testosterone at 100 mg/week -split into two doses -add HCG 250-300 IU 2x week with the shots. As far as an AI goes - it’s highly debated - but personally I would start with .5 mg split into two doses of .25mg to start.

Before you start however - you are a young guy and I’d try to understand and correct what may be an underlying cause. I am not trying to be critical when I ask - but are you obese, do you work out with weights, have you checked your vitamin D and thyroid, are you on meds like antidepressants, etc? All of the above will directly or indirectly cause a cascade of hormone problems. I would try to dial in my lifestyle first - It’s not like you have to be worried about going on – but the more you can put tit off the better. if you were 45 or 50 I would tell you start pinning but you are only 30 (Also and don’t worry about the hair – that usually comes from gels – and there’s not a single person I know who went on Testosterone that went bald before their time.)

Systemlord

PSA.8

These labs point to poorly functioning testicles or something interfering with T production because LH isn't low and yet testosterone is low.

I'm not sure clomid would do much considering LH is already above midrange and doubt your levels would increase enough.

There are some who can tolerate high estrogen without becoming symptomatic, everytime I took an AI it only caused big problems. I've had my estrogen between 28->93 and feel the same.

Last edited:

Andyhamp

PSA.8

Fish Oil 2grams daily
One major thing comes to mind based on your symptoms. Many diseases share the same symptoms. Before jumping on the TRT remedy think about low thyroid. I would check out hypothyroidism as a possible culprit. Get a full thyroid panel including the antibodies tests. Here is a great link describing hypothyroidism in men and I think it fits you well. :
Best to you!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching